Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

Bloody moaners -EDP!

Reading the letters page today in the EDP and two people are complaining that the roads are closed near the ground post match - supposedly one of them (mr wakeley) had been going 30 years and they have NEVER shut the roads before!!....he must have been in a time warp for the last few seasons as it has been closed for a while (except the last few years). Their view is from a driver leaving carrow road car park....., dont worry about us who had to walk in the road while playing Russian roulette with cars!!

I can see the point of view of the drivers but frankly could not give a arse.EVERY week some moron rev''s their engine or flys up the road which is full of football fans, only a matter of time before someone is hurt so from all of us Norwich fans......tough sh*t !!!! :)

Road should be closed for 20 minutes from 3.45pm to 5.05pm to give fans enough chance to get over the road OR

The Council should build a proper big pedestrian crossing or underpass near the swimming pool!

Again I never understand fans who buy tickets to watch games of football and leave early. Yes I know its a free Country and if they want to do that than thats their perogative but games of football are often decided in split second incidents so why pay all that money to miss them?????

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

Road should be closed for 20 minutes from 3.45pm to 5.05pm to give fans enough chance to get over the road OR

The Council should build a proper big pedestrian crossing or underpass near the swimming pool!

Again I never understand fans who buy tickets to watch games of football and leave early. Yes I know its a free Country and if they want to do that than thats their perogative but games of football are often decided in split second incidents so why pay all that money to miss them?????

[/quote]Methinks you mean 4:45pm - 5:05pm [;)]

I''m glad they have closed it. I park on King Street and used to battle my way down Carrow road on my way back to North Walsham. Since it has closed going up Rouen road and through the city I''ve cut 20 minutes off my journey time - result!

[quote user="ur just a man in a jacket"]Reading the letters page today in the EDP and two people are complaining that the roads are closed near the ground post match - supposedly one of them (mr wakeley) had been going 30 years and they have NEVER shut the roads before!!....he must have been in a time warp for the last few seasons as it has been closed for a while (except the last few years). Their view is from a driver leaving carrow road car park....., dont worry about us who had to walk in the road while playing Russian roulette with cars!![/quote]

I park up by the Mustard Pot, with a short walk and dodge the dipstick on the horn who thinks you are on his personall stretch of tarmac, I love these people and I walk even slower in front of them when they start blasting horns, the roads should be closed to all traffic for at least 30 miniutes after final whistle.