Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Crunch time

12 points to contest over an 8 day period coming up.

Where we are on 4 January 2011 will surely determine the approach that the club will take in the January transfer window.

All hands on deck and the best of luck to all - even the best teams need Lady Luck on their side from time to time.

It''s just great to go into the Christmas period upbeat and with real possibilities unfurling.

[:D]

On The Ball City!

8 points would be a good total, but in all fairness, I don''t see why 12 is out of the question we have Palace, who even though they won at CR, are a very poor side, Sheffield United haven''t got a manager, and are also a very poor side. Then we have QPR at home, who have rode their luck a lot this season and are on a poor run at the minute, we got a good point there away, why not 3 at home? Then Boro away who are also very poor. The next 4 games include 3 teams in the bottom 5 and one against the top side, but who are on a blip, plus if we beat them we are going to unsettle them and will probably be nearly or even above them by then. Come on City, make this a Christmas to remember!

I would be happy with at one more point than any of the teams currently in the top 8 get, thats all that really matters ;-)

Paul Lambert says he is trying to win all the games we play - so why not expect 4 consecutive wins? I know reality sometimes dictates otherwise, but the next available 12 points do look to be very winable...

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]Paul Lambert says he is trying to win all the games we play - so why not expect 4 consecutive wins? I know reality sometimes dictates otherwise, but the next available 12 points do look to be very winable...[/quote]

surely every manager is trying to win everygame they play. moron comment

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]Paul Lambert says he is trying to win all the games we play - so why not expect 4 consecutive wins? I know reality sometimes dictates otherwise, but the next available 12 points do look to be very winable...[/quote]reality says that you can play a blinder, totally dominate the opposition, hit the woodwork 4 times and lose to a last minute deflected goal. yes, lady luck plays a major role at times.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Where we are on 4 January 2011 will surely determine the approach that the club will take in the January transfer window.

[/quote]

Do you honesty think Lambert will wait until 4th January before giving his shopping list to the directors and that they themselves will wait until then before deciding on a plan of action for the second half of the season?

Bly you really have no idea of how the Club now operates i am sorry to say.

I am not going to spill any beans, or going to say "I told you so" if they come true, but I have heard some VERY interesting rumours from a pretty reliable source concerning the January transfer window.

If they come to fruition I will be extremely happy indeed.

[quote user="morty"]

I am not going to spill any beans, or going to say "I told you so" if they come true, but I have heard some VERY interesting rumours from a pretty reliable source concerning the January transfer window.

[/quote]I''ve also heard of 2 very exciting players that we are having a few talks with. No point putting stuff on here as nobody ever believes it.

[quote user="morty"]

[/quote]

Morty old mate if you are not going to spill the beans you are never going to be in a position to say " i told you so".

I do hope it is more reliable than the usual" my girlfriends next door neighbours mate works in the box office " drivel we sometimes get on here.[;)]

Okay, I shall protect my source, but have been told Lambert has money to spend in January, a lot more than any of us would have suspected, and we are in talks with Lambert from Southampton and Morrisson from Millwall.

[quote user="morty"]Okay, I shall protect my source, but have been told Lambert has money to spend in January, a lot more than any of us would have suspected, and we are in talks with Lambert from Southampton and Morrisson from Millwall.[/quote]

So Holt is going then!  Personally, I think Lambert is a better player.  (stunned silence throughout Norfolk)

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

12 points to contest over an 8 day period coming up.

All hands on deck and the best of luck to all - even the best teams need Lady Luck on their side from time to time.

It''s just great to go into the Christmas period upbeat and with real possibilities unfurling.

Big Smile [:D]

On The Ball City!

[/quote]

Do you honesty think Lambert will wait until 4th January before giving his shopping list to the directors and that they themselves will wait until then before deciding on a plan of action for the second half of the season?

Bly you really have no idea of how the Club now operates i am sorry to say.

[/quote]

Dear oh dear, I come back from my enjoyable and relaxing Xmas holidays only to be met with this arrogant numptyism from Plod.

Do you seriously think that Lambert, McNally and the NCFC board would take the same approach to January transfer window dealings regardless if we picked up 2 from 12 rather than say 10 from 12?

No wonder the club have had such serious  performance issue over the past 15 years with your thought processes being thrown into the mix.

Thank goodness for Bowkett, McNally and Lambert. And The Butler!

Your response just goes to show, on at least two levels,  why so many people were reluctant to gather under that old nCsIA banner.

Now Plod, you really ought to try and do better during 2011.

One love.

OTBC

"Bly you really have no idea of how the Club now operates i am sorry to say."

surely

"Bly you really have no idea of our Club"

[quote user="City1st"]"Bly you really have no idea of how the Club now operates i am sorry to say." surely "Bly you really have no idea of our Club"[/quote]

Dear oh dear. What a simpleton.

I''d stick to Canary Call and petitioning the inner circle if I were you.

OTBC