dylanisabaddog

Team to play Orient

Ruddy

Askou  Barnett  Whitbread  Drury

Macnamee   Gill   OTJ   Jackson

Johnson   Wibraham

Rudd

R.Martin/Francomb if back       Barnett      Whitbread        Drury

Macnamee               Gill              Fox(if fit)/Hoolahan      Surman(if back from injury)/Lappin

Wilbraham     Jackson                   

[quote user="dylanisabaddog"]

Ruddy

Johnson   Wibraham

[/quote]

Sorry he will put the strongest team out, Orient beat Colwho today and will be up for it, Lambert will not want to lose to them

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="dylanisabaddog"]

Ruddy

Johnson   Wibraham

[/quote]

Sorry he will put the strongest team out, Orient beat Colwho today and will be up for it, Lambert will not want to lose to them

[/quote]

I can''t see him playing the first-team. We can beat Orient with the second-string and will have Hoolahan and Holt on the bench as insurance IMO.  

I would like to see us play a reasonably strong team.  It is still a competitive match and if we can somehow win a couple of games in the FA Cup it could be a welcome boost for us financially.  Obviously if there are players who might not be fully fit then don''t risk them but I want us to take it seriously.

put an academy side out !!,

we just cant afford to lose any more players ahead of the Cardiff game.

I''m assuming Wilbraham would be cup-tied?

Rudd

K.Smith Askou Whitbread Harbagham

Dawkin Gill Tudur-Jones McNamee

Jackson Johnson

Steer

Daley

Ball

Adeyemi ?

[quote user="I am a Banana"]why would lambert rest players? he says he will go for every cup were in![/quote]A run in the cup would be nice but there is now a far bigger prize in prospect.I expect PL to be very sensible about risking anyone with a niggling injury. No harm in giving some of the second string a run out. They should be able to take care of Orient but I wouldn''t fret too much if we lost.If we can win 10 of our remaining games and draw half the rest we could well be in the Prem next year.Who would have believed it 12 months ago.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]I would like to see us play a reasonably strong team.  It is still a competitive match and if we can somehow win a couple of games in the FA Cup it could be a welcome boost for us financially.  Obviously if there are players who might not be fully fit then don''t risk them but I want us to take it seriously.
[/quote]

Taking it too seriously could be a big mistake if we want promotion. Leeds almost blew it last season because of their Cup run and I would be devastated if we lost players due to injuries or suspensions in the Cup. I''d be absolutely amazed if Lambert did not prioritise promotion.

Whoever said anything about not ''prioritising promotion''?On the flip side of Leeds, a Cup run helped spark Reading''s run from the relegation zone to narrowly missing out on the play-offs towards the end of last season.  Burnley won promotion the year before having reached the Carling Cup semis, playing several games in the FA Cup and contesting the play-offs too.  Playing a couple of extra games is not a massive inconvenience and players are no more or less likely to pick up an injury or a red card in an FA Cup game than they are in the league.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Whoever said anything about not ''prioritising promotion''?

On the flip side of Leeds, a Cup run helped spark Reading''s run from the relegation zone to narrowly missing out on the play-offs towards the end of last season.  Burnley won promotion the year before having reached the Carling Cup semis, playing several games in the FA Cup and contesting the play-offs too.  Playing a couple of extra games is not a massive inconvenience and players are no more or less likely to pick up an injury or a red card in an FA Cup game than they are in the league.
[/quote]

Playing Holt against Orient could mean him getting sent off and missing Cardiff. I don''t think that Lambert would take that risk, do you ?

Well maybe he won''t play him against Nottingham Forest on April 16th in case he gets sent off and miss the Ipswich game.Maybe it''s a good job I didn''t go out today - I may have got run over and then I wouldn''t be able to go to work tomorrow.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Well maybe he won''t play him against Nottingham Forest on April 16th in case he gets sent off and miss the Ipswich game.

Maybe it''s a good job I didn''t go out today - I may have got run over and then I wouldn''t be able to go to work tomorrow.
[/quote]

So you totally miss the point of prioritising the league..... LOL

Rest Drury, Holt, Hoolahan, Crofts. Give Whitbread a game to get some match fitness, C.Martin a start after his rest against M''Boro.

Ruddy, R.Martin, Lappin, Whitbread, Barnett, McNamee, Smith, Gill, Martin, Jackson, Wilbraham

Rudd, Nelson, Crofts, Gill, OTJ, Holt, Johnson

Well there''s prioritising the league, and then there''s being unnecessarily paranoid.  Not playing someone "because they might get sent off" seems a bit silly.  I don''t see why Leyton Orient is such a high-risk game as far as that''s concerned - unless the rules are different for the FA Cup and every foul results in an instant red card.

[quote user="canary_girl"]

Rudd

R.Martin/Francomb if back       Barnett      Whitbread        Drury

Macnamee               Gill              Fox(if fit)/Hoolahan      Surman(if back from injury)/Lappin

Wilbraham     Jackson                   

[/quote]If I remember correctly Francomb played for Barnet against Charlton in the FA Cup so wouldn''t be available to play.[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]put an academy side out !!, we just cant afford to lose any more players ahead of the Cardiff game. I''m assuming Wilbraham would be cup-tied? Rudd K.Smith Askou Whitbread Harbagham Dawkin Gill Tudur-Jones McNamee Jackson Johnson Steer Daley Ball Adeyemi ?[/quote]I don''t think Wilbraham has played in the FA Cup this season.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Well there''s prioritising the league, and then there''s being unnecessarily paranoid.  Not playing someone "because they might get sent off" seems a bit silly.  I don''t see why Leyton Orient is such a high-risk game as far as that''s concerned - unless the rules are different for the FA Cup and every foul results in an instant red card.
[/quote]

Remember West Ham away in 2004 in the Cup when we lost Huckerby, Bentley and another player for extended periods simply because of that game. That effectively cost us our Premiership place.  If only Worthington had prioritised the league, because we could still be in the Prem. Paranoid ? maybe I am, but with good reason IMO.

Wilbraham definitely did not play when the Dons went out to Stevenage, so he is eligible.

Ruddy

R.Martin Whitbread Barnett Lappin

Gill

K.Smith McNamee

C. Martin

Jackson Wilbraham

Subs: Rudd, Holt, OTJ, Johnson, Askou, Nelson, Daley

Is Adeyemi still on loan at Bradford ? or was it a short term loan like Gill and Tudor Jones. I was under the impression it was season long ?

Stick out the reserves, the cup is a distraction. Also judging by the number of injuries we''re having it''d be a good idea to give as many back up players game time as possible as they may be required to step up for more important games soon. Maybe even give some of the youth team a run out.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"] Is Adeyemi still on loan at Bradford ? or was it a short term loan like Gill and Tudor Jones. I was under the impression it was season long ?

[/quote]I think he''s there until the 16th January.

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]Wilbraham definitely did not play when the Dons went out to Stevenage, so he is eligible.

Ruddy

R.Martin Whitbread Barnett Lappin

Gill

K.Smith McNamee

C. Martin

Jackson Wilbraham

Subs: Rudd, Holt, OTJ, Johnson, Askou, Nelson, Daley[/quote]I''d have Korey instead of R. Martin, and OTJ in Korey;s position, but apart from that; that would be my team. Johnson defo gets on.

I reckon Lambert will field a relatively strong team whilst resting certain players. Remember how he fielded a good team in the paint pot at Priesfield last season yet he still was able to rest those that he, no doubt, will rest this season. To field a team of players who are not all first choice would be insulting to Orient and the competition, not to mention all the fans of both teams who will turn up to watch the game. He obviously has to consider who is available; injured first team players are immediately discounted.Aren''t there rules about playing certain numbers of available first team players? priorityThe league is the priority but it''s a home tie - for once - so let''s make the most of it.

Id rest a few but still go with a strongish line up as if we progress we could be in for a big money tie which would give us the funds to secure more signings to help our league push .....

Rudd

Smith Whitbread Nelson Lappin

Macnamee Gill Fox Dawkin

Wilbrahem Johnson

Subs
Ward
Ball
Daley
Jackson
OTJ
Ruddy

[quote user="COYY!!"]

Id rest a few but still go with a strongish line up as if we progress we could be in for a big money tie which would give us the funds to secure more signings to help our league push .....

Rudd

Smith Whitbread Nelson Lappin

Macnamee Gill Fox Dawkin

Wilbrahem Johnson

Subs
Ward
Ball
Daley
Jackson
OTJ
Ruddy

[/quote Sorry Steer on the bench not Ruddy!

GK - Rudd

DR - K.Smith

DL - Lappin

DC - Whitbread

DC - Askou

ML - McNamee

MC - Gill

MC - Tudor-Jones

MR - Daley

S - Wilbraham

S - Johnson

Subs: Steer, Habergham, Barnett, Hoolahan, Dawkin, Jackson, Holt

I tend to lean on the side of caution. I''d be less concerned about one of our players being sent off and more concerned about losing a key player through injury. I see the validity in both of the views being expressed by Paul and Graham. However, let''s not lose sight of the game as viewed from an Orient perspective. This is a really big game for them. They are probably going nowhere in their division this season and, if they win this one, they potentially get a big draw in the next round, and that means big money to them. They have nothing to lose and, if one or two of our key strikers are an obstacle to their objective there is no doubt in my mind their focus will be to slow them down by whatever means. 

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]put an academy side out !!, we just cant afford to lose any more players ahead of the Cardiff game. I''m assuming Wilbraham would be cup-tied? Rudd K.Smith Askou Whitbread Harbagham Dawkin Gill Tudur-Jones McNamee Jackson Johnson Steer Daley Ball Adeyemi ?[/quote]

Yours is not an Academy side though....