Sign in to follow this  
The Chirp

Canary Mascot - Help required

Hi all, I''m writing a feature for ZOO on misbehaving mascots and was wondering if any of ours have been in trouble? Answers on a postcard (pref on here actually as I need replies asap) please. James

Captain Canary doesn''t get into that sort of thing unfortunately. This is a family club damn it!

You could write an entire article on Cyril the Swan or Wolfie vs the Bristol Pigs. Although I''d expect my 5% agent fee if you did ;-)

I follow talksportdrive on Twitter and they just tweeter this:

After the misbehaviour of the Deepdale One, we''ve got some videos of when mascots go bad:

http://tiny.cc/piu7mweb • 05/01/2011 15:58

Hope it helps

If you are talking about the actual club mascot the wolf ( wolfie ) at Wolves is well documented for being in trouble home and away.

Although not misbehaving whilst being mascot it is common knowledge that my lad who is 100% NCFC through and through flatly refuses to be a mascot against Ipswich as he refuses to shake hands with their players.

Actually if you do a google search football mascots in trouble there are some really good ones. I also rember the Stoke player that went wild as his goal was disallowed for offside ( whistle had already gone ) unfortunately the player flagged offside was their mascot that elephant.

seem to remember something a few years back at highfield road, a confrontation with sam? the elephant at half time.remember a thuggish fan getting carried away near the segregation fence , he was going mad shouting go on f*****n chin him sam. game libbra put us one up and they came back and won 2-1 with a late lee hughes winner

[quote user="Lambert is King"]

If you are talking about the actual club mascot the wolf ( wolfie ) at Wolves is well documented for being in trouble home and away.[/quote]There was a situation a few years ago when the wolf got in a fight with the 3 pigs at a home game.  The wolf was sacked.  The next game for them was at Carrow Road, when they played "who''s afraid of the big bad wolf" with Captain Canary playing up to it in the centre circle.