Sign in to follow this  
Minster Canary

Danny Green to be unveiled tomorrow

Just received a text from a my mate who''s a Dagenham die-hard fan (yes that old reliable source, I know) saying Danny Green has passed a medical  at Colney today after Norwich agreed a fee witin the region of £400,000, and will be unveiled as PL''s second signing in this window tomorrow morning. Could be a load of tosh but he was linked loads with us in the summer and had a great year in 2010, and as an out and out winger he could give us a very valuable extra dimension. Anyone know how he''s got on this season thus far?

p.s: don''t shoot the messenger, just passing on what I''ve heard.

bit off topic but exeter have recieved a number of bids for ryan harley acorrding to skysports. I wonder if we have something to do with it. i think we were linked with him a couple of weeks ago before the window opened. he would be a great signing IMO

[quote user="woody11"]bit off topic but exeter have recieved a number of bids for ryan harley acorrding to skysports. I wonder if we have something to do with it. i think we were linked with him a couple of weeks ago before the window opened. he would be a great signing IMO[/quote]

His contract is up in the summer, so if there are any bids going in for him they won''t be particularly high. I also agree, I think he would be a good signing.

[quote user="Mushroom"]

Just received a text from a my mate who''s a Dagenham die-hard fan (yes that old reliable source, I know) saying Danny Green has passed a medical  at Colney today after Norwich agreed a fee witin the region of £400,000, and will be unveiled as PL''s second signing in this window tomorrow morning. Could be a load of tosh but he was linked loads with us in the summer and had a great year in 2010, and as an out and out winger he could give us a very valuable extra dimension. Anyone know how he''s got on this season thus far?

p.s: don''t shoot the messenger, just passing on what I''ve heard.

[/quote]Is your mate known for wind ups?

I''d have thought that these are the kind of players Lambert might be looking for so it will be interesting to see what, if anything, happens.

Harley''s wiki page says midfielder/defender. Can he also fill in at RB?

[quote user="The ſhroud of Turin"]Danny Green [:D]  I plucked his name out of my arse and sent to Dodgy Rumours in May.  It was well good milage as it lasted all summer[:)][/quote]I think that pre-season friendly had that one going long after it should have.

Do we not already have an out-and-out winger in McNamee who hardly kicks a ball for us. Do we really need another as we hardly ever play with wingers?

Not a major priority IMHO.

Although debateable if this rumour is true or not, I would have him here in a flash, he is the sort of player that we need.

Never heard of him.

The only Danny Green I know is the bloke who played the big thick useless character One-Round in The Ladykillers. (The proper Ealing one, not that Tom Hanks cr4p)

The likes of which we haven''t seen since Theoklitos.

Boom Boom!

No idea if any truth in this but from what i saw of him in the friendly he is a Beckham style winger. Comfortable on the ball, good cross on him and good close control but does not have blistering pace to get past his man so relies on making a yard for himself and getting the cross in. Useful player to have if the price is right!

''On 25 July 2010, he and team mate Scott Doe committed themselves to Dagenham, by signing new three year contracts''I know contracts don''t always mean much these days but it would be odd that he signed a 3 year deal in the summer and is off in the next transfer window.

[quote user="pete_norw"]So we''er still waiting then /[/quote]just went past carrow road, had a quick look for a pers number plate,nothing yet...

[quote user="Barclaybred"][quote user="pete_norw"]So we''er still waiting then /[/quote]just went past carrow road, had a quick look for a pers number plate,nothing yet...[/quote]

Unless you''re getting paid for it, that''s really sad.

I don''t think we''ll hear much until Lambert gets back from finalising his talks at Turf Moor

That''s if Hoolahan doesn''t get held up at the Riverside too long over his medical - he''s picking Lambert up on the way back I''ve been told.

If Leroy Lita is coming back as part of the Hoolahan deal then he''ll sit in the back once the pick up Lambert.

Personally I think the diversion to pick up Lambert is a smokescreen so Hoolahan can drive down the M6 and call in at the Hawthorns on the way. Hopefully Lambert is insured to drive Hoolahans car just in case he stays.

ps isn''t it remarkable what you can read on Sky sports

[quote user="hogesar"]

[quote user="Barclaybred"][quote user="pete_norw"]So we''er still waiting then /[/quote]just went past carrow road, had a quick look for a pers number plate,nothing yet...[/quote]

Unless you''re getting paid for it, that''s really sad.

[/quote]

It was part tounge in cheek,as i did go past on way to argos,but didnt slow down and look at all plates!

[quote user="City1st"]I don''t think we''ll hear much until Lambert gets back from finalising his talks at Turf Moor

That''s if Hoolahan doesn''t get held up at the Riverside too long over his medical - he''s picking Lambert up on the way back I''ve been told.

If Leroy Lita is coming back as part of the Hoolahan deal then he''ll sit in the back once the pick up Lambert.

Personally I think the diversion to pick up Lambert is a smokescreen so Hoolahan can drive down the M6 and call in at the Hawthorns on the way. Hopefully Lambert is insured to drive Hoolahans car just in case he stays.

ps isn''t it remarkable what you can read on Sky sports[/quote]You only missed out the bit about Grant Holt evading another speeding fine on his way back from the KFC outside Upton Park who knows why he was there ?What we do know is that Chris Martin got jailed for 3 days in Madrid for punching out 3 barmen at a well known "Scottish themed pub". Why he was in a Scottish pub in Madrid is again....... beyond us