Sign in to follow this  

Villa, West Ham & Liverpool will surely be managerless in the morning... Wait for the Lambert leaving rumours to come flooding in! I must admit, I''m nervous already & they haven''t been given the boot yet!

Sam Allerdyce to West Ham

Benitez ( they must be mad ) or Daglish to Liverpool ( O''Neill would not want that job at the moment )

O''Neill to Chelsea

Sneaky feeling Villa will stick - but their fans show sometimes that you should be careful what you wish for, a couple of not so good performances crowd boo O''Neill leaves before the start of the next season. Only one of the jobs Lambert would be interested in get their next three games out of the way then it will be easy picking to keep Villa up and add that to your CV - but would they want him ? - still convinced it will be Celtic first 

[quote user="Hucka Hucka Huckerby"]Villa, West Ham & Liverpool will surely be managerless in the morning... Wait for the Lambert leaving rumours to come flooding in! I must admit, I''m nervous already & they haven''t been given the boot yet![/quote]Could add Chelsea to that list of managerless clubs. Apparently Ancelotti was ''lucky'' to still be at the club after their recent run...Wolves probably topped that off. If he remains at the Bridge he could well have Tottenham to thank after tonight.

i hate commenting on this stuff but i''ll do it before or the s**t rumours come in.I dont think a prem club, espicially the 3 u mention would come in for lambert, he has no prem experience yet, they wouldnt take the gamble when in such vunerable situations.Lamberts here for a while and lets be happy and leave it there (not having a go at u OP)

Burnley still have no manager , Lambert is still 2nd fav with Skybet at 3/1 and some Burnley fans are still convinced Lambert wants that job .

I dont like the noises coming out of Burnley right now - I''m sure it won''t happen but would be obviously devasted if he was to leave for them.

As for the Prem teams, I don''t think we have much to worry about, I''m certain there will be a merry-go-round of sorts....

West Ham - Roy Hodgson

Liverpool - as mentioned Benitez or Dalglish in the interim

Chelsea - Guus Hiddink

Villa - Sam Allardyce

IF Lambert were to leave then he leaves the club in a far, far better position than when he joined us. Whilst I would be disappointed I would wish him well and understand his ambition.

Do I think he''d leave us for Burnley? Nope.

But seriously, I don''t know some of you people ever leave the house through fear of getting hit by a bus, or struck by a bit of falling space debris. What will happen will happen, no point in getting your knickers twisty about it.

That''s quite true there Morty....who would be a potential replacement?

I would look no further than Chris Hughton.

Completely agree Peas, I would be more than happy with Hughton.

We have to have a bit of confidence in McNally too, if PL does go then he is on a rolling contract and would command a hefty price, which would enable us to get another quality manager in.

I''m sick and tried of reading these post where people are speculating constantly about lambert leaving he is not going anywhere just enjoy him while he is here with us

[quote user="Snakepit Lass"]I''m sick and tried of reading these post where people are speculating constantly about lambert leaving he is not going anywhere just enjoy him while he is here with us[/quote]Totally agree, don''t know why people have to keep going on about Lambert going to Burnley or anywhere else for that matter. It''s far more likely that I''m gonna sleep with Cheryl Cole than Lambert going to Burney.

I can''t see him leaving for West Ham. I doubt he''d turn down Liverpool, Chelsea or Villa though. I very much doubt Liverpool or Chelsea would offer him the job though. Villa, though, is a different kettle of fish.

If he left? I''d find it hard to look beyond Malky Mackay.

When he does leave, he will be living us with a decent squad capable of anything in this league, the things he has done to us in the short amount of time is staggering really.

We will demand quite a lot of money for him to leave, and the way we are playing and current league position we would attract some decent managers.

I wouldn''t like Malky yet, we need to learn from bringing in ex players etc, would have to be houghton.

I don''t think he will leave this season with the position we are in..I think he would want to finish what he has started and getting back to back promotions. If we fail at this however, then I think we could be saying bye to Mr Lambert, and wishing him well; but lets just enjoy it whilst we do have a top manager here

Lambert is an ambitious man but he is still learning his trade. He seems to have developed a formulae that has worked at different levels with players of lesser ability and power.

Taking on a job in the Premier League will be a HUGE step up. Big ego''s, player power etc etc.

I expect him to be Norwich manager for another 12-18 months, moving on in June 2012 if we are not successful in gaining promotion within that time frame. Enjoy the ride.

HRH

[quote user="haisbrohacker"]Lambert is an ambitious man but he is still learning his trade. He seems to have developed a formulae that has worked at different levels with players of lesser ability and power.

Taking on a job in the Premier League will be a HUGE step up. Big ego''s, player power etc etc.

I expect him to be Norwich manager for another 12-18 months, moving on in June 2012 if we are not successful in gaining promotion within that time frame. Enjoy the ride.

HRH[/quote]spot on lets leave it at this

I must confess on seeing the Sun''s back page spread this morning about the 4 possible imminent sackings my thoughts did immediately turn to how Lambert is bound to be linked with several of them.

Realistically the two that would worry me are Villa and West Ham. Villa have a sensible board who may not be afraid to look at a young up and coming manager after getting burnt with Houlier. I thijnk West Ham may be less tempting as they are more likely to go down than Villa but then may be tempting nonetheless. The other factor will be if be Liverpool were to go to Coyle then the Bolton job may become available which would be another worry!

Having said that as is stated above even if Lambert were to leave (and I dfon''t think he will) he will leave us in good shape and with a decent squad. There are quite a lot of good managers available at the moment and I have a lot more confidence in Mcnally to find a good replacement then i ever did in Doncaster. I would personally go for Malky but other possible names would be O''Neill, Curbishley, Hughton or even (if he''s been sacked by Liverpool) Hodgson. I know people will say some of thos names are unrealistic but we are a club on the up, all (bar currently Hodgson) are currently out of work all might relish working for a club like us after their recent experiences.

[quote user="Hucka Hucka Huckerby"]Malky is now 1/5 to be the new Burnley manager.[/quote]Lambert back down to 2/1 with VC and 3/1 with Skybet.

i just found this website called http://www.thesackrace.com/

It has who going to be sacked and who is in line.

Roy Keane is in there as the fans dislike him

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/burnley-specials/next-permanent-manager

This is getting uncomfortable, usually suggests someone is in the know.

Also this:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/8774388.Burnley_chairman__We_have_our_shorlist_of_six/

The fact that this won''t go away is a little worrying I agree. I don''t thinkf ro a minute that lambert wants to move to Burnley but somebody, somewhere is clearly not dismissing the idea completely. i suspect its his agent playing games. Can''t the EN/EDP just do us all a favour and ask him straight out to confirm he''s not interested?

Agreed Jim, I''ve got a nagging worry about all these Prem jobs under threat if Hodgson gets boot at Liverpool they could well go for Coyle and Bolton would be tempting for Lambert.

Equally Villa or West Ham.

Genuinely thankful for what he''s done here and think he could take us further but were we to lose him I''d rather see him do more with his ability than go to Burnley (he may as well stay where he is). I think that would be a bad career move especially if he goes before all these other jobs come available.

Poster on a Burnley forum reckons Lamberts agent met with Kilby yesterday 150% certain .

But why would he go to Burnley now if there''s the chance of a Premiership job with more money and better terms (eg. West Ham/Aston Villa) potentially just around the corner? One bookies has already suspended the betting on Lambert for Burnley once, it''s just another round of Burnley fans claiming to be ''in the know'' and posting garbage IMO.