Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Grinning from ear to ear because you can't help it......

........must be one of the most pleasant sensations in life.

Currently I''m glued to the TV watching the Ashes series in Australia and my wife doesn''t understand why I keep grinning like its going out of style......[:D]

Then of course there''s old Aaron Wilbraham - 31 years old and going nowhere then suddenly an 18 month contract, 25,000 crowds and a chance at the Prem beckoning. I wonder if he''s stopped grinning yet..... [:D]

When was the last time you were grinning from ear to ear because you couldn''t help it?

OTBC

well i wouldn''t be for blooming cricket that''s for sure!!

Beating them 4-1, and catching Leeds in recent months

other than footie, watching the kids there just at the right age, i could sit all day watching and listerning. But im sure that feeling will go in a few years LOL

My biggest and longest grin from ear to ear came on safari in Kenya in 1998. My gf and I had just had to endure 2 days of a very loud and obnoxious American couple systematically ruin the magical experience of being on safari. He knew better and always incorrectly identified animals and birds to the point of me wanting to tie him to the back of the land rover and tell the driver to put his foot down.

After setting up camp above a watering hole, we were awoken by a loud splashing and grunting. My gf was washing.....no, there were a number of hippopotami (surely!) all enjoying the water and the moon was so bright it made for a stunning view. I wanted to take a closer look and when I got to the wired fence, I inadvertantly brushed my arm on it and received an unpleasant electric shock! Much to my gf''s amusement. Just then "Marv" and his wife appeared shouting loudly and excitedly to get the camera and "oh-my-god" was heard repeatedly and at full volume.

He rushed over with his camera to where I was stood near the fence and made to climb over it. I had a real conflict in my head.....do I say nothing and enjoy the momentary pleasure of his contorted features as the pain hit home or do I tell him and ruin my fun..... I told him. I said "careful there mate, I wouldn''t if i was you it''s an electric fence." Marv looked at me like I was a lower form of life to his humongous frame and said "Yeah right!" and forcefully grabbed two wires of the fence.

It was probably a combination of his ultra slow reaction to letting go, his painful high pitched screams, his "oh my god''s", of which there were many, his wife clucking after him and threatening legal action if there were any scars, the fact that I had told him and my concsience was clear AND STILL got the pay off and the knowledge of how uncomfortable the tiny brush I gave the fence was, compared to his 2 second forceful grab of the wires that kept the smile on my face for the rest of the holiday. Marv couldn''t look me in the eye for the final day of the safari and was definitely more subdued - I take it from embarrassment. Result!

[quote user="Muddy funster"]My biggest and longest grin from ear to ear came on safari in Kenya in 1998. My gf and I had just had to endure 2 days of a very loud and obnoxious American couple systematically ruin the magical experience of being on safari. He knew better and always incorrectly identified animals and birds to the point of me wanting to tie him to the back of the land rover and tell the driver to put his foot down. After setting up camp above a watering hole, we were awoken by a loud splashing and grunting. My gf was washing.....no, there were a number of hippopotami (surely!) all enjoying the water and the moon was so bright it made for a stunning view. I wanted to take a closer look and when I got to the wired fence, I inadvertantly brushed my arm on it and received an unpleasant electric shock! Much to my gf''s amusement. Just then "Marv" and his wife appeared shouting loudly and excitedly to get the camera and "oh-my-god" was heard repeatedly and at full volume. He rushed over with his camera to where I was stood near the fence and made to climb over it. I had a real conflict in my head.....do I say nothing and enjoy the momentary pleasure of his contorted features as the pain hit home or do I tell him and ruin my fun..... I told him. I said "careful there mate, I wouldn''t if i was you it''s an electric fence." Marv looked at me like I was a lower form of life to his humongous frame and said "Yeah right!" and forcefully grabbed two wires of the fence. It was probably a combination of his ultra slow reaction to letting go, his painful high pitched screams, his "oh my god''s", of which there were many, his wife clucking after him and threatening legal action if there were any scars, the fact that I had told him and my concsience was clear AND STILL got the pay off and the knowledge of how uncomfortable the tiny brush I gave the fence was, compared to his 2 second forceful grab of the wires that kept the smile on my face for the rest of the holiday. Marv couldn''t look me in the eye for the final day of the safari and was definitely more subdued - I take it from embarrassment. Result![/quote]

Good story Muddy. Thing about ''The Ugly American'' thoughb is that he may be capable of fleeting embarrassment but he is incapable of learning lessons!

I remember getting a great job offer by phone one morning and walking around breaking into uncontrollable grins until that night when my good wife told me that she''s not moving to that ****** country!

The grins felt good though. [:)]

OTBC

How old are your little''uns CTID?I have a 3 year old who''s kind of at that stage but also don''t feel it''ll last, especially with another on the way it appears! There''s a reason to grin i suppose! But why do i feel a slight sense of dread at the thought of another helpless infant!As for other things, it has to be the ashes. Almost "30 years of hurt" and countless years of suffering at the hands of australians. There is no better feeling than absolutely pummelling them in the way we have after all that suffering. I have to confess that when i heard the score overnight this morning to feeling a tiny tiny bit sorry for them. If only because i know what it feels like!

[quote user="a1canary"]How old are your little''uns CTID?

I have a 3 year old who''s kind of at that stage but also don''t feel it''ll last, especially with another on the way it appears! There''s a reason to grin i suppose! But why do i feel a slight sense of dread at the thought of another helpless infant!

As for other things, it has to be the ashes. Almost "30 years of hurt" and countless years of suffering at the hands of australians. There is no better feeling than absolutely pummelling them in the way we have after all that suffering. I have to confess that when i heard the score overnight this morning to feeling a tiny tiny bit sorry for them. If only because i know what it feels like!
[/quote]

That''s the difference between an Englishman and an Australian, I guess.

OTBC

I completely agree Bly! The Aussies would not even contemplate feeling any pity - they''d just love rubbing it in! All of the journos and commentators just seem to be feeling a bit embarrassed for them and it is rather spoiling our phenomenal victory!

By the way, anybody know if old Wilbraham''s stooped grinning yet?

Good job he hasn''t scored yet else he''d have cracked his face.

But in Lambert we trust. (big grin) 

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

By the way, anybody know if old Wilbraham''s stooped grinning yet?

[/quote]

No, but he''s stopped stooping...........

Dear, oh dear! [:S]