Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

The bet is on with Dixmar Racing, so thanks to our good friends Obiwancanary and Billy Dixon we have...

1/5 Bangor 2:30 Sat
4/7 Norwich 3:00 Sat
1/4 Bolton 3:00 Sat
3/10 Huddersfield 3:00 Sat
2/5 Lazio 2:00 Sun
1/4 Chelsea 3:00 Sun

Which will win for the Academy £43.62p. I ran the same bet through Boyle and the return would only be £32. So that’s a huge difference again this week and just goes to show why we should bet with Billy. Don’t forget that the best odds on all the weekend football are available to each and every one of  us so if you are doing a line today or even fancy these give Billy a ring and get yourselves sorted. I did 8 homes to a fiver this week and the potential winnings with Billy are £66. The same bet with Boyle came to £44!

So now it’s "game on". We have 4 games today and 2 tomorrow and it would be amazing to be able to get behind Chelsea tomorrow knowing that a win would knock Ipswich out of the cup and secure another win for FONCY!

Good luck everyone ……[:)]......

Great effort Obiwan but it''s a double disappointment for us today. But that''s football and as Norwich fans we''re used to it. But of course we haven''t been knocked out of the cup so our friend City-Til-I-Die will still get the chance to Rays funds for FONCY on 4th Round day.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

our friend City-Til-I-Die will still get the chance to Rays funds for FONCY on 4th Round day.

[/quote]Haha that is genius! A superb play on words which everyone has previously acknowledged before but me. Until now that is. [8-|] [:)] That is good!

Hello and welcome Sleaford, here''s a brief run through of how it works.

The Pink Un Message Rays Funds For FONCY Free Bet Thread

As with all messageboard communities new people join all the time. Many of you probably notice these threads and assume it''s not for you. Nothing could be further from the truth. Us PUPs are not an exclusive club. Anyone can take part, it''s free to join in and the only requirement is to post a selection on each weeks thread.

So I’ll post this brief run through here for anyone who may be interested :-

The free bet was set up by my good friend Ray Ducker (Arrdee) to raise money for the Academy. It''s a totally free bet because it''s sponsored by Dixmar Racing who give the best odds every week in an attempt to maximise any winnings for the academy.

How It Works

Every Wednesday during the season I start the new weeks thread. The ''Pink Un Pickers'' (PUPs) then select their ''best selection'' from the weekends football fixtures. On the Friday evening the nominated picker from our PUPs rota selects 6 results from the weeks picks. I then phone these through to Billy Dixon at Dixmar Racing and post the bet and the odds on here on the Saturday lunchtime.

Have we won?

So far there have been 23 winning weeks and the World Cup win in which we have won £1168 for the academy. There have been plenty of near misses too and the ''Pink Un Pickers'' have had a lot of fun trying. Of course we can''t lose thanks to the generosity of our good friend Billy Dixon and of course we have our own PUPs competition at the same time. So it''s a win win situation every week for the Pink Un Pickers! From time to time we all meet for a drink and a lot of friendships have been forged.

Want To Take Part?

Just register with the Pink Un Message Board and post your very best selection from the weekends games on the thread. It''s as simple as that.

[quote user="sleaford canary"]Hi all how can I join this??? Been reading posts for a while but just joined cheers all[/quote]Welcome Sleaford. As Nutty said above, look out for this thread between wednesday and saturday of each week, leave a match selection that you think is a dead cert (A Man United v Wolves, Barcelona v Levante for example) and watch it all unfold!

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

Off to Libya, courtesy of a hot tip from Colonel Gaddafi. Boy, does he know his football![:D]

Khaleej Sart to beat Al-Najma.

Khaleej Sart with a home record of:

4-1-0, with 11-4 goals for/against.

Al-Najma with an away record of:

0-1-4, with 3-11 goals for/against.

Bonne chance a tous![Y]

[/quote]

nutty, sorry to be a pain. It looks as if this game may have been cancelled. At the time of writing Futbol24 is not showing any Libyan games for today.

If it is surreptitiously going ahead then obviously I''ll happily stick with it. If not then, although it''s too late for the bet, I''ll switch to tonight''s Portuguese game:

Vitoria G to beat Naval.

Cheers.

Great effort Obiwan but it''s a double disappointment for us today. But that''s football and as Norwich fans we''re used to it. But of course we haven''t been knocked out of the cup so our friend City-Til-I-Die will still get the chance to Rays funds for FONCY on 4th Round day.

[/quote]Very much looking forward to it[Y] lots of help needed please PUPS[:D] Terribly unlucky this week[:(]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

Off to Libya, courtesy of a hot tip from Colonel Gaddafi. Boy, does he know his football![:D]

Khaleej Sart to beat Al-Najma.

Khaleej Sart with a home record of:

4-1-0, with 11-4 goals for/against.

Al-Najma with an away record of:

0-1-4, with 3-11 goals for/against.

Bonne chance a tous![Y]

[/quote]

nutty, sorry to be a pain. It looks as if this game may have been cancelled. At the time of writing Futbol24 is not showing any Libyan games for today.

If it is surreptitiously going ahead then obviously I''ll happily stick with it. If not then, although it''s too late for the bet, I''ll switch to tonight''s Portuguese game:

Vitoria G to beat Naval.

Cheers.

[/quote]

nutty, me again! Apologies.[:$] Positively my last post on this subject. That Libyan game obviously did go ahead after all. Still nothing on Futbol24 but the result is now showing on Soccerway. 2-1 to Khaleej Sart. A triumph for Colonel Gadaffi''s tipping abilities. [Y] So please scrub my back-up switch to Vitoria G, who, as it happens, at the time of writing, are 1-0 up at half-time.

It''s ok Purple. I found the Libyan result, they played this lunchtime. I love a challenge[;)]

Good job too ''cause Vitoria ended up losing 2-1!

The PUPs league is very close this year. Graham claimed back top spot last week only for Sunderland to let him down this week. You coulkd say it''s anybody''s to win but that wouldn''t be true because even though my pick won this week I''m still not on the table![:$]

It''s ok Purple. I found the Libyan result, they played this lunchtime. I love a challenge[;)]

Good job too ''cause Vitoria ended up losing 2-1!

The PUPs league is very close this year. Graham claimed back top spot last week only for Sunderland to let him down this week. You coulkd say it''s anybody''s to win but that wouldn''t be true because even though my pick won this week I''m still not on the table![:$]

[/quote]

--

nutty, honestly, I don''t pick these obscure games just to tease you...well, OK, perhaps a bit![;)] I too saw that Vitoria ended up losing. Not only that; Naval had a player sent off when they were 1-0 down and then came back from behind to win. My deepthroat inside info is that the Vitoria players heard at half-time that their manager was 97th on Burnley''s wishlist and realised it was only a matter of time...[:D][:P][:D]

[quote user="CharlieFarlie"]

A trip up North for me this week in order to aviod the pitfalls of the FA cup

Rangers v Hamilton - home win

Good luck Obiwan and all PUP''s

[/quote]

Charlie - This game is not played until 15th. Rangers are involved in the Scottish Cup this weekend.

Hope you see this in time to change your selection.

[/quote]

Doh ! sorry Nutty , missed it but thanks for pointing it out

60 of us picked this weekend with 37 correct and 2 void making a success rate of 64%. Between us we gave Obiwan 28 different selections with 17 winning and 2 void making a success rate of 61%. Obiwan did better with his final six than we managed as a group as he finished with 4/6 which is 67%.

Thanks again Obiwan I’m glad you enjoyed the week. Once again not enough went in our favour this weekend but we will all be back next week trying to Rays more funds for FONCY when our great friend and free bet legend Leedscanary will be in charge and making the final selections.

Our Pups League is the closest I can ever remember. We now have five sharing first place with another seven in the chasing pack waiting to pounce. Here is the latest PUPs League showing those with over 50% correct from at least 50% of the available weeks : -

PUP Correct Picks Season %
Canary Cherub [*]20-23 87
Cosmic Twin [*]20-23 87
Graham Humphrey [*]20-23 87
Norfolkbroadslim [*]20-23 87
Trent Canary [*]20-23 87
Beauseant 17-20 85
Ginger Pele 19-23 83
Mr. Bump 19-23 83
Norfolkchance1 19-23 83
PurpleCanary 10-12 83
Scooby 18-22 82
Herman 14-17 82
Inch High 18-23 78
Newyorkcanary 18-23 78
Statto 18-23 78
Bruce Eating Walkers Crisps 17-23 74
Davo 17-23 74
Diesel Doris 17-23 74
Muddy funster 17-23 74
Til 1010 17-23 74
Duncan Edwards 14-19 74
Chelle 16-22 73
Hughesy 16-22 73
Jed Exodus 16-22 73
Sports Desk - Pete 16-22 73
City-Til-I-Die 15-21 71
Jimbo Jetset 15-21 71
Lappinitup 15-21 71
Excited Canary 12-17 71
SWP=Poor Man''s Ruel Fox 14-20 70
Big Slob 11-16 69
1st Wazzock 15-22 68
Charlie Farlie 14-21 67
Fonejacker 15-23 65
Tony Da''Wonderful 15-23 65
Leedscanary 14-22 64
methcanary 14-22 64
Pboro_Canary 14-22 64
Sparkos 14-22 64Delia''s Devonshire.. 9-14 64
Shack Attack 10-16 63
Berkshire Canary 8-13 62
Dogger 8-13 62
GMF 13-21 62
Hissing Sid 14-23 61
NCFCStar 14-23 61
Scrimmage 9-15 60
Obiwancanary 11-19 58
Fellas 12-21 57
The Butler 10-18 56
Cityangel 12-22 55
Yankee Canary 12-22 55
Mister Chops 11-20 55
WITS 10-19 53
Kathy 11-21 52
Blahblahblah 10-20 50
Jellytot 10-20 50
Smudger 6-12 50

Wow - anyone fancy predicting this one?The FA Cup provides several banana skins once again.  Certainly a very competitive PUPs league this year though so won''t complain.

You had all better watch out I''m slowly climbing up the table after my patchy for at the beginning of the season. :D

I jest the number I''m most proud of on a personal level is the "23". I aiming to go for 40 providing I remember to send Nutty my predictions before I go away on my hols.

Davo