Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

Still not convinced by our home form

Come on, who is? Bar the scum game we''ve barely''dominated'' anyone. Away from home we just look so much more organised, and up for it. Not sure what it is really, but at home we have just been a bit poor in my opinion. What to play against QPR? I think diamond and play Hoolahan whilst Surman/Lansbury are out, but who would play left mid bearing in mind Lappin is suspended. [:(] Also praying Drury will be back at left back. Really unsure over what we should play. What does everyone else think? [:)]

Comparing our home form with QPR''S away form and add in missing half a team through injuries a home win is unlikely unless Lambert does it tactically.

Ali won a world title simply by defending and letting Foreman punch himself out. I would be happy for a defensive 5 man midflield and then push on with 20 mins to go if we were level.

I''d be happy with a draw.

HRH

We struggle at home because teams come to defend,are difficult to break down and hit us on the break. QPR will not defend so well IMO and we must attack them in the first half. Having read the report of their win at Coventry it is clear that they were very lucky to be level at half-time and wore the opposition down in the second period. An early lead to us will mean that QPR cannot sit back and I believe that we can go on to win convincingly. If we sit back and defend, we will lose.  

[quote user="Ben"]Let''s hope they go down to ten men early on [Y][/quote]I don''t, we usually struggle against 10 men.

[quote user="Harry"]Let''s hope they go down to ten men early on I don''t, we usually struggle against 10 men.[/quote]

What, like against Ipsh*t?

We may not have won the games against Hull and Pompey, but we dominanted them, and should have won, or at least a draw.

Just look at Arsenal, dominate games against West Brom and Newcaslte this season and come away with defeats at home...so happens to the best teams!

So in answer, yes, but not played well - which is a good sign

[quote user="canaryjock"][quote user="Harry"]Let''s hope they go down to ten men early on I don''t, we usually struggle against 10 men.[/quote]

What, like against Ipsh*t?[/quote]That''s why I said usually.

yeah, IMO  I think it''s the way teams play coming to CR.They come here with defending in mind and hitting us on the counters.Probably Norwich are more comfortable the other way, with us defending and hitting them on the counter :)That''s why I''m always optimistic on away days and unsure what a CR match will bring :)Tore

I still stand by this. Very few times this season at home have we played very well. Again, I feel we have only truly dominated two teams at home, Ipswich and QPR. Now don''t get me wrong, I am delighted we won tonight, but we were poor, no doubt. Also (assuming Whitbread wasn''t injured), why was Ward brought in? I thought he wasn''t great at all (yeah he scored, well played), but he is in the team to defend mainly. Fox again was non influential (having said that, pretty much everyone was).

Team for Burnley :

Ruddy
Martin Barnett Whitbread Tierney

Crofts
Lansbury Lappin
Hoolahan

Holt Martin

[quote user="Barnett is King"]

I still stand by this. Very few times this season at home have we played very well. Again, I feel we have only truly dominated two teams at home, Ipswich and QPR. Now don''t get me wrong, I am delighted we won tonight, but we were poor, no doubt. Also (assuming Whitbread wasn''t injured), why was Ward brought in? I thought he wasn''t great at all (yeah he scored, well played), but he is in the team to defend mainly. Fox again was non influential (having said that, pretty much everyone was).

Team for Burnley :

Ruddy

Crofts
Lansbury Lappin
Hoolahan

Holt Martin

[/quote]

Lambert said Ward was brought in because Whitbread is still coming back after a long spell of not playing and that he wanted to rest him for this one

I still stand by this. Very few times this season at home have we played very well. Again, I feel we have only truly dominated two teams at home, Ipswich and QPR. Now don''t get me wrong, I am delighted we won tonight, but we were poor, no doubt. Also (assuming Whitbread wasn''t injured), why was Ward brought in? I thought he wasn''t great at all (yeah he scored, well played), but he is in the team to defend mainly. Fox again was non influential (having said that, pretty much everyone was). Team for Burnley : RuddyMartin Barnett Whitbread Tierney

CroftsLansbury LappinHoolahanHolt Martin

[/quote]

Why do you want to see us dominate  games when you get excitement like we had tonight?  I thought Mr Fox had a good game and was unfortunate to have to come off, he certainly didn`t look very pleased. And yes Mr Ward did score, everything our manager touches turns to gold, long may it continue! Hurraa

Team for Burnley :

Ruddy

Crofts
Lansbury Lappin
Hoolahan

Holt Martin

[/quote]

We dominated Hull and Pompey! Didn''t get the result - but still dominated! End of discussion.

Agree with Wes from start

Well if we can continually play poor at home and win, then yeah no problem. Thing is, that won''t happen.

It''s nights like tonight that I love being a football fan. My ticker might not hold out much longer but I find it much more fun doing things the hard way haha.

Per Lambo, Wes was carrying a knock hence didn''t start tonight; seemed that Zak was just rested after playing several games since returning.

Our home has been a bit hit and miss, but when all is said and done winning is the name of the game. At home since new year, we''ve beaten QPR (deservedly, should have been by more), Millwall (perhaps fortunately) and drawn with Cardiff (should have won). All three decent form sides. That''s not so bad.

Last season and in our Champs title winning season, there were quite a few times that we came away thinking that we''d sneaked it a bit. The mark of a good side is winning when you''re not at the top of your game.

I still stand by this. Very few times this season at home have we played very well. Again, I feel we have only truly dominated two teams at home, Ipswich and QPR. Now don''t get me wrong, I am delighted we won tonight, but we were poor, no doubt. Also (assuming Whitbread wasn''t injured), why was Ward brought in? I thought he wasn''t great at all (yeah he scored, well played), but he is in the team to defend mainly. Fox again was non influential (having said that, pretty much everyone was). Team for Burnley : RuddyMartin Barnett Whitbread Tierney

CroftsLansbury LappinHoolahanHolt Martin

[/quote]I thought Fox was excellent. He put in some good tackles and was good on the ball as you''d expect. Lansbury was poor for much of the game but then again he did make two contributions that won us the match. I''d give Jackson another go too, he looked lively. Feel sorry for Chris Martin this season. He deserves some more luck.