Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Rider

'get there early and enjoy the atmosphere' - DM

So said our CE on Rodeo Norfolk today.

''get there early'' - sorry but fans don''t do this now in the days of all seater and prebooked seats. Vast majority are nowhere to be seen even 10-15 mims. before kick off. They all pile in in the last 5 mins. or so. Nothing will change tomorrow particularly with the transport problems. Some car parks don''t open on a Sunday and the Park & Ride don''t open up for Christmas until 1st December. I''m pretty sure they are closed when we have played Ipswich at home on a Sunday before?

''enjoy the atmosphere'' - yeah mate I''d love to, problem is where I sit (middle Jarrold) you get deafened by the pe match music. A ''conversation'' with your mate next to you is impossible bar shouting. Maybe it''s less intrusive in other stands?? There was an attempt (from both sets of fans) to start some chanting about 10 mins. (probably less) before kick off but from where I sit it was totally drowned out by that boom from the speakers. 

Sure the ''atmosphere'' will be cranked up a notch especially if they issue those green and yellow cards for display. Other than that though this is ''The Old Farm'' derby not ''The Old Firm''!! Now that IS an atmosphere.    

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]

[quote user="morty"]Maybe watching Norwich City isn''t for you?[;)][/quote]

Sure is mate - been going since 1967

[/quote]Try another stand then maybe? I have had a season ticket in the rupper Barclay for about 10 years now, and I think it provides a good mix of atmosphere and view. I love the view in the Jarrold, but take your points!People won''t be there early on Sunday, its going to be freezing!

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]Agree with you in that the pre-match music is far too loud to hold a conversation with the person standing next to you.Get your thermals out then morty lol[/quote]Actually treated myself to some fancy new ones yesterday, am anticipating a bitter day on Sunday!

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="morty"]Rupper?Lol.[/quote]

Are you chineeeeee? [:)]

[/quote]I can confirm I am neither a tiddlywink nor a leaky tap.[:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]Agree with you in that the pre-match music is far too loud to hold a conversation with the person standing next to you.Get your thermals out then morty lol[/quote]Actually treated myself to some fancy new ones yesterday, am anticipating a bitter day on Sunday![/quote]Too much information [;)]

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]

So said our CE on Rodeo Norfolk today.

''get there early'' - sorry but fans don''t do this now in the days of all seater and prebooked seats. Vast majority are nowhere to be seen even 10-15 mims. before kick off. They all pile in in the last 5 mins. or so. Nothing will change tomorrow particularly with the transport problems. Some car parks don''t open on a Sunday and the Park & Ride don''t open up for Christmas until 1st December. I''m pretty sure they are closed when we have played Ipswich at home on a Sunday before?

''enjoy the atmosphere'' - yeah mate I''d love to, problem is where I sit (middle Jarrold) you get deafened by the pe match music. A ''conversation'' with your mate next to you is impossible bar shouting. Maybe it''s less intrusive in other stands?? There was an attempt (from both sets of fans) to start some chanting about 10 mins. (probably less) before kick off but from where I sit it was totally drowned out by that boom from the speakers. 

Sure the ''atmosphere'' will be cranked up a notch especially if they issue those green and yellow cards for display. Other than that though this is ''The Old Farm'' derby not ''The Old Firm''!! Now that IS an atmosphere.    

[/quote]Have to agree with YR on most of this.Get there early : In the '' good ol'' '' days of mainly terracing many people did arrive early if only to get to '' their '' space on the concrete. Now of course your piece of plastic will be in the same place if you arrive a whole hour or just a minute before KO. Apart from the fact I like a beer pre-match I''ve always found it slightly depressing sitting in an almost deserted stadium watching people trickle into their seats. As it''s predicted to be virtually freezing on Sunday I would think people will leave it even later this time if they can.Enjoy the atmosphere : Whilst still a big highlight of the season between the two teams the edge has been taken off, partly by the all-seater rule but mainly I think by the crazy KO times we have to endure. Moving the time tomorrow to accommodate some desperately needed TV revenue is understandable but the whole thing is now subject to complete police overkill. Most London derbies, even between teams with notorious fans, still kick off at 3.00pm on a Saturday. Why can''t Norwich and Ipswich do so too ? At least the return match at Portman Road will be an evening game so we''ll have to hope the change will stir the home fans from their slumbers.I''ll still enjoy the atmosphere on Sunday as it always will be a bit special, but, as YR says the '' Old Firm '' games by all accounts are something else.....