Sign in to follow this  
Sheffield Canary

How bad is the weather in Norfolk? Are my parents exaggerating as normal?

I''m at sheffield at the minute and i''m travelling down tonight at 6 by train. Going to the derby. Then planning to drive back monday night.My parents are telling me not to as it''s unsafe and I won''t get back. I really want to get to the game tomorrow. In your opinions is it really as bad as they say? :)

It seems patchy. I am in the city and theres about a centimetre of snow, but have heard reports of a lot more elsewhere in Norfolk.Thats not a lot of help really, is it!?

I came down last night from sheff. I don''t think it is bad enough at the moment to change your plans but obviously just keep an eye on the reports etc in case we have more snow. At the moment in norwich we have a covering and the untreated roads are a bit tricky. The A17 obviously isn''t a great road but it generally has a fair amount of traffic on it so I think you will be fine.

I''m kind of hoping I get stuck in norfolk and can''t make it back to work on monday :)

OTBC

[quote user="Sheffield Canary"]I''m at sheffield at the minute and i''m travelling down tonight at 6 by train. Going to the derby. Then planning to drive back monday night.My parents are telling me not to as it''s unsafe and I won''t get back. I really want to get to the game tomorrow. In your opinions is it really as bad as they say? :)[/quote]

We had a few inches of snow in North norfolk overnight and the roads around Fakenham/Holt area are a bit dodgy but the sun has been out for about an hour now and its melting  quite nicely now

Have no idea what the weather will be like Monday but why don''t you get the train back to be safe?

The City is gridlocked with traffic.I left home on Dereham Road to take her indoors to work at Carrow Road at 9.15am and it took 1 hour 25 minutes to travel 2.5miles.Rose Lane and Cattle Market Street are closed as is Ketts Hill and Gurney Road.The old Carrow Road by the Hotel round to the Club shop has not been treated and is coated in snow.

[quote user="Sheffield Canary"]I''m at sheffield at the minute and i''m travelling down tonight at 6 by train. Going to the derby. Then planning to drive back monday night.My parents are telling me not to as it''s unsafe and I won''t get back. I really want to get to the game tomorrow. In your opinions is it really as bad as they say? :)[/quote]

I thought you poor, badly treated students were so hard up!

Hmm?[:|]

[quote user="morty"]It seems patchy. I am in the city and theres about a centimetre of snow, but have heard reports of a lot more elsewhere in Norfolk.Thats not a lot of help really, is it!?[/quote]

Really?! I`m in nr2 and there`s a good 3-4cm. Enough for the kids to make a huge snowman at the front of my house anyway!