Sign in to follow this  
Sidney James

Which club has the largest proportion of stereotype fans?

Hmmmm probably us.

As a super membership holder ive been able to pick my seats, but it still seems wherever I sit im surrounded by mongs who know nothing about the game.

"Shooooooooooot" when Ruddy has the ball coming from people in their 40s and 50s is just one of thousands of examples.

Some people may say thats just lads having a laugh, and yes maybe its funny the first time but after 88 minutes it wears thin.

I changed from season ticket as I was sick of sitting next to the same idiots every week, but every seat ive had this season ive had the same problem.

Now I know many posters on here can have a good debate, so there are some out there, so what is it? Bad choice picking seats, or do we have 1 in 20 normal supporters?

Hate to sound like im having a go at fellow fans but after my experiences of the last 7 or 8 seasons, the die hards seem to have been replaced by, well im not sure what the PC word for them is.

OTBC 2-0 Sunday!

So what do you want exactly? People sitting in silence? Maybe they are just getting into it and enjoying themselves.How does a "die hard" behave?

I think this is worth while debate.

Im all up for a great atmosphere, but honestly some people booing after a few minutes of the Watford game on the first game of the season, come on that is a bit backwd.

I can see where Morty and the OP are coming from, we need a great atmosphere like Morty said, yet when you are sitting around prats it does make you wonder about what most of our supporters are like.

[quote user="Boogle"]

Im all up for a great atmosphere, but honestly some people booing after a few minutes of the Watford game on the first game of the season, come on that is a bit backwd.

I can see where Morty and the OP are coming from, we need a great atmosphere like Morty said, yet when you are sitting around prats it does make you wonder about what most of our supporters are like.

[/quote]I have a very "live and let live" attitude about this. People pay their money, let them enjoy it in any way they like, people who sneer at others enjoying themselves need to maybe look at their own life, rather than moaning about others.Theres prats in all walks of life, you just need to laugh them off rather than getting annoyed or wound up.Booing is a whole other debate lol.

[quote user="morty"]So what do you want exactly? People sitting in silence? Maybe they are just getting into it and enjoying themselves.

How does a "die hard" behave?
[/quote]

Wasnt saying sit in silence matey, enjoy yourself, yes by all means.

Where did the expresssion ''club cabbage'' come from? Perhaps AW is old enough to tell us.

well times have changed. Modern football is moving further and further away from what it used to be.  Whether that is a good or bad thing is up to each supporter to assess. In my mind it has changed for the worse and no longer will a club such as ours scare the hell out of the top 4 in the top league.  Its a pity but then money runs everything now.As for fans....well its going to be a socialogical debate that i dont really want to get into but suffice to say that football is viewed (unfortunately in my view) by many as a kind of theatre these days were the masses need to be entertained.  I chose to support City due to the way we played football but i would have no problem watching us kick lumps out of Ipswich to draw a game and gain promotion.  The demographic at football has changed massively....i grew up with such chants as "get your t**ts out for the lads" (bad taste in my mind as a 7yr old), yet i havent heard such things in at least a decade.  There are definitely a lot more families at the games these days and thats good as it shows that the violent atmosphere at games has died away.  It does however bring the picnic brigade who jabber on insensantly about any old cr*p and head up and down to the bogs 5 times a half.  I long for the day that we have safe standing terracing in England....then those that think such as myself can gather together and enjoy football as it should be (in our minds!).

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Boogle"]

[/quote]

I have a very "live and let live" attitude about this. People pay their money, let them enjoy it in any way they like, people who sneer at others enjoying themselves need to maybe look at their own life, rather than moaning about others.

Theres prats in all walks of life, you just need to laugh them off rather than getting annoyed or wound up.

Booing is a whole other debate lol.
[/quote]

Agree with that mate [Y], but I would say the boos after we had a barely started against Watford is relivent to this debate.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]How is 40 and 50 years olds shouting ''shoooooooooooot'' at Ruddy stereotypical of our fans?[/quote]

Oh come on man, a man in his 50s shouting shooooot 30+ times over 90s minutes is stereotype club cabbage behaviour. A kid shouting that yes, but I think even they have a mentality that would grow bored of it by half time.

I remember being very disappointed when being told off for singing in the Barclay last season (just normal songs, not anything abusive). I could understand it elsewhere, but surely there should be at least 1 whole stand where if you sing, it''s expected that not only will you not be told off, but others will join in. There''s no reason why we can''t have a good atmosphere for 90 mins in the Barclay, it''s just that people choose not to.

Haven`t had much of a problem with stupid comments etc. but have got pretty tired of being stared at like i`m some escaped lunatic for daring to join in the Barclays songs in the South the last few years.....

Have you tried the Barclay upper OP? Find that pretty good in general.

[quote user="judderman"]I remember being very disappointed when being told off for singing in the Barclay last season (just normal songs, not anything abusive). I could understand it elsewhere, but surely there should be at least 1 whole stand where if you sing, it''s expected that not only will you not be told off, but others will join in. There''s no reason why we can''t have a good atmosphere for 90 mins in the Barclay, it''s just that people choose not to.
[/quote]

That eyesore that is the hotel, should have been made a safe approved standing area for singing like the germans do.

As for our fans, we get called allsorts, inbreds, mongrels, cabbages, window lickers for a reason sometimes.

Ok lets rewind a bit here.

Im not having a go at singing, I love a good atmosphere, thats why I prefer away games to home games.

My point was I keep getting seats next to people who seem to know sod all about football, and seem stereotype Norfolk.

Snakepit and Barclay e block, great atmosphere and the stupid comments are normally drowned out by singing.

[quote user="Arthur ToadyWhittle"]

[quote user="judderman"]I remember being very disappointed when being told off for singing in the Barclay last season (just normal songs, not anything abusive). I could understand it elsewhere, but surely there should be at least 1 whole stand where if you sing, it''s expected that not only will you not be told off, but others will join in. There''s no reason why we can''t have a good atmosphere for 90 mins in the Barclay, it''s just that people choose not to.[/quote]

That eyesore that is the hotel, should have been made a safe approved standing area for singing like the germans do.

As for our fans, we get called allsorts, inbreds, mongrels, cabbages, window lickers for a reason sometimes.

[/quote]Which category do you fall into Arthur?[:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Arthur ToadyWhittle"]

[quote user="judderman"]I remember being very disappointed when being told off for singing in the Barclay last season (just normal songs, not anything abusive). I could understand it elsewhere, but surely there should be at least 1 whole stand where if you sing, it''s expected that not only will you not be told off, but others will join in. There''s no reason why we can''t have a good atmosphere for 90 mins in the Barclay, it''s just that people choose not to.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Which category do you fall into Arthur?

[:)]
[/quote]

Council estate window licker, you know that morty my man [:D]

[quote user="Arthur Toady Whittle"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Arthur ToadyWhittle"]

[quote user="judderman"]I remember being very disappointed when being told off for singing in the Barclay last season (just normal songs, not anything abusive). I could understand it elsewhere, but surely there should be at least 1 whole stand where if you sing, it''s expected that not only will you not be told off, but others will join in. There''s no reason why we can''t have a good atmosphere for 90 mins in the Barclay, it''s just that people choose not to.[/quote]

[/quote]Which category do you fall into Arthur?[:)][/quote]

[/quote]Well played! Now, aren''t you missing Jeremy Kyle?[;)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Arthur Toady Whittle"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Arthur ToadyWhittle"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Which category do you fall into Arthur?

[:)]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Well played! Now, aren''t you missing Jeremy Kyle?

[;)]
[/quote]

Never miss it.

You ok Arther.....

Are we meeting for a glass of ale Sunday,

my old friend.....

It appears we have our fair share of brainless wonders who write blogs etc.  Take the latest offering from ''Never mind the danger'' and the epic fail on trying to make Murphy look a numptie.  Murphy is trying to explain that Norwich''s snowball effect has carried on from last season into this.  And from an Ipswich point of view they would''ve expected it to melt by now.  All very simple.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Sidney James"]

Hmmmm probably us.

[/quote]The population of London is six million people, so Man U have to be in with a shout.[/quote]They''d win hands down if the definition was, ''Claim allegiance to a team of which you''ve never visited the home ground''.

[/quote]

Unless this is not the whole story - I find it very hard to believe you would be told off for singing (especially in the Barclay.)