Sign in to follow this  
Lewie - Holt Our Saviour

Team Selection vs Scum

Here''s my personal selection:                       D.RuddR.Martin  E.Ward  L.Barnett  A.Drury*                      A.Crofts   H.Lansbury                  A.Surman                    W.Hoolahan              G.Holt         C.MartinSteven Smith**Simon Lappin**** = If fit** = Second Choice if fit***= Last resortI''d like to see Ruddy replaced by Rudd as I really don''t feel he''s upto this bigga game.

''I''d like to see Ruddy replaced by Rudd as I really don''t feel he''s upto this bigga game.''

and a 19 year old keeper, who has started about 4 games is?

I agree with your team, but is it possible that Korey may be fit? If so, surely he will not be left out.

We are almost bound to play Lansbury, so in the event of Korey being included I suspect that We could go 4-4-2, with a midfield of Korey, Lansbury, Crofts and Surman, with Hooly to come on if Surman tires or if we are chasing the game.

On the goalkeeper, I am not sure how far defensive lapses in front of him have exposed Ruddy. He certainly performed heroically at Reading, but still let in three. The only question at issue is whether Rudd or Ruddy would be better in the "cauldron" on Sunday. Perhaps Ruddy just shades it on experience.

I still think that PL will go with Ruddy, from his various post match comments, but he is full of surprises!

[quote user="Lewie - Holt Our Saviour"]Here''s my personal selection:
                       D.Rudd
R.Martin  E.Ward  L.Barnett  A.Drury*
                      A.Crofts
   H.Lansbury                  A.Surman
                    W.Hoolahan
              G.Holt         C.Martin

Steven Smith**
Simon Lappin***

* = If fit
** = Second Choice if fit
***= Last resort

I''d like to see Ruddy replaced by Rudd as I really don''t feel he''s upto this bigga game.

[/quote]

I think it''s fairly ridiculous to suggest that because it''s a big game we should choose a less experienced keeper! In any case, there''s no chance in my opinion, of Ruddy being dropped - it would be far too big a dent to his confidence, Lambert clearly sees him as our number one going forward and he will be given every game he is available for this season I think.

I just can''t see lambert throwing Rudd in for this one. It will be Ruddy in goal. I''m not particularly happy about it as for me he has cost us far too many goals already this season and i don''t really have any confidence in him but if he takes to the pitch on Sunday I will support him.

OTBC

GK - YashinDef - Billy WrightDef - Paolo MaldiniDef - MooreDef - GullitMid - BestMid CruyffMid PuskasMid MatthewsSt PeleST MaradonaSubs:LinekarRomarioDino ZoffGarrinchaEusebio.Van Bastenthats the line up i think we should go with

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]GK - YashinDef - Billy WrightDef - Paolo MaldiniDef - MooreDef - GullitMid - BestMid CruyffMid PuskasMid MatthewsSt PeleST HoltSubs:LinekarRomarioDino ZoffGarrinchaEusebio.Van Bastenthats the line up i think we should go with[/quote]Changed it for you [;)] WFL GH!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]GK - YashinDef - Billy WrightDef - Paolo MaldiniDef - MooreDef - GullitMid - BestMid CruyffMid PuskasMid MatthewsSt PeleST MaradonaSubs:LinekarRomarioDino ZoffGarrinchaEusebio.Van Bastenthats the line up i think we should go with[/quote]No Zico, Zidane, Banks, Messi? :O

[quote user="Lewie - Holt Our Saviour"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]GK - YashinDef - Billy WrightDef - Paolo MaldiniDef - MooreDef - GullitMid - BestMid CruyffMid PuskasMid MatthewsSt PeleST MaradonaSubs:LinekarRomarioDino ZoffGarrinchaEusebio.Van Bastenthats the line up i think we should go with[/quote]No Zico, Zidane, Banks, Messi? :O[/quote]and Beckham*

I am not that big a fan of Ruddy, but you can be sure he will be in goal on sunday. I really hope Drury can make the game, because Lappin will be run ragged by them...

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]GK - YashinDef - Billy WrightDef - Paolo MaldiniDef - MooreDef - GullitMid - BestMid CruyffMid PuskasMid MatthewsSt PeleST MaradonaSubs:LinekarRomarioDino ZoffGarrinchaEusebio.Van Bastenthats the line up i think we should go with[/quote]I''d like to see Rudd in goal instead of Yashin - I''m not sure he''s up to this bigga game

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]GK - YashinDef - Billy WrightDef - Paolo MaldiniDef - MooreDef - GullitMid - BestMid CruyffMid PuskasMid MatthewsSt PeleST MaradonaSubs:LinekarRomarioDino ZoffGarrinchaEusebio.Van Bastenthats the line up i think we should go with[/quote]sp: Lineker.At least that''s one still alive :D

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]GK - YashinDef - Billy WrightDef - Paolo MaldiniDef - MooreDef - GullitMid - BestMid CruyffMid PuskasMid MatthewsSt PeleST MaradonaSubs:LinekarRomarioDino ZoffGarrinchaEusebio.Van Bastenthats the line up i think we should go with[/quote]

Well, with six of your starting XI being dead - including the goalkeeper - I''d be a bit worried about our chances...

1. Ruddy

2. R Martin

3. Leon

4. Ward

5. Korey

6. Crofy

7. Surman

8. Hotlips

9. C Martin

10. Holt

Subs

Rudd

Lappin

Lansbury

Jackson

McNamee

Nelson

Gibbs

If ippo are gonna play 5 across the middle we are going to be over-run trying to play the diamond. Crofts is going to have way too much to do.So if K.Smith is fit id try to fit a midield 5 (3 + 2).midfield looking like this.....k.smith    Crofts    Surman     Lansbury   Hoolahan

Holt to do the donkey work up front and perhaps a second half sub of Jackson or Martin if we are on top.