Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Over Hyped Derby Game

I have never known the derby game be hyped up so much in 9 years of following City. The EDP are doing a day by day countdown and it think the whole thing will be much like the over hyped manchester derby- a real let down.!!

I think both teams will want to keep clean sheets rather than go for the win and it will be a scrappy 1-0 win to norwich!!

Boo Hoo

Stop being a party pooper Nana!  This game is massive!  Being Norwich we don''t have many rivalries like a team like Man Utd do so we have to make the most of this one.  COYY!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

I have never known the derby game be hyped up so much in 9 years of following City. The EDP are doing a day by day countdown and it think the whole thing will be much like the over hyped manchester derby- a real let down.!!

I think both teams will want to keep clean sheets rather than go for the win and it will be a scrappy 1-0 win to norwich!!

Boo Hoo

[/quote]I do find it difficult to reconcile the nice young man I met at the PUPs last meet with the same person who posts this nonsense.The derby match is always massively hyped, but this year it''s also:a) we had no derbies last seasonb) Keane''s on the verge of the sackc) we''re optimistic for the first time in 3-4 yearsSo why not big it up a little?  I don''t think either team will bottle it and play safe, like Man City did at Eastlands, I think we''ll go for the throat and it''ll be a right old scrap.  Can''t wait.

Boo Hoo

[/quote]

Would you really go "Boo Hoo" if it was a scrappy 1-0...

Nana...I don''t...I mean why do you...What makes you...When will you...I think it''s time to just give up Nana.

How long have you been supporting Norwich, Nana? Two years? Three?

To be honest, I think this is one of the most underwhelming build-ups to a derby I''ve seen in quite a while. Maybe it''s the lack of a ''recent'' history (I read that there''s only one player left in either squad from the XXII that started the last derby!). Who do we hate the most? Who do we target our boos at? And yes, I know it''s "all of them" but where''s a Winless or a Holland or a Johnson?

Not like you over hyped Holland much in the Wc??

Sorry, are you actually a Norwich fan or just a plain idiot?

I think Nana would rather have this played behind closed doors, with a polite clap if we were to come awya wit ha win!

Boo Hoo

[/quote]

You dont really mean that do you, slip on the  tongue surely?

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

Boo Hoo

[/quote]

You dont really mean that do you, slip on the  tongue surely?[/quote]Problem is, he seems to be slipping and sliding all the time if thats the case. If there''s anywhere that needs a snow plough, clearly its Nana''s tongue.

Boo Hoo

[/quote]

Wait until you''ve been to dozens of ''''derby'''' games Nana then you''ll understand what it means to people and how its a matter of life or death.

I think the point that the OP was trying to make is that after the Manchester derby was built up to the extent of having a special MOTD it then became obvious that the teams were more interested in not losing rather than winning it. As such it was an embarassment. We also have an unusual KO time which sometimes has an effect on both the crowd and the players.

Now the similarities I can see televised, local derby etc but there are a couple of difference I believe

1) the match is only being built up locally and not nationally Talk(premiership)sport I don''t think have mentioned it.

2) although I think RK would take a point now and may set up with this in mind, I can''t believe that PL would not be trying to win as he always seems to.

Well we''ll see tomorrow

OTBC

Am I the only one who doesn''t actually enjoy these games?  I mean, afterwards, if we''ve won, or even failed to win but it''s been a great game (like the 2-2 draw in Roeder''s first game) then it''s great but while the match is actually being played I think it''s absolute mental torture.

The Derby games have been over hyped for many years!

If you go to Norwich games regularly and also are aware of the underperforming job KEANO(!) is doing for the S cum then you shouldn''t need to read the squit in the EDP or the S cums version the EADT to get up for tomorrows game!

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Am I the only one who doesn''t actually enjoy these games?  I mean, afterwards, if we''ve won, or even failed to win but it''s been a great game (like the 2-2 draw in Roeder''s first game) then it''s great but while the match is actually being played I think it''s absolute mental torture.
[/quote]

I know what you mean.I spend more time standing outside,smoking,because my nerves are shot[:S]

The biggest single issue that kills Derby games for myself is playing the game on a Sunday which is not a football day and playing it on this day kills alot of the atmosphere!

The game should be played on Saturday at 3pm or at least an eveing 7.45pm kick off cause evening games normally have good atmospheres.

Last SATURDAYS game against Leeds was more of a security risk than tommorrows game. This is proved by the fact that more segregation was required for that game than tommorrows game. That being the case then why wasn''t the Leeds game played on a Sunday lunchtime?

At the end of the day with all the police presence in the City, the many train stations on the way to Norwich and the overall massive security operation theirs no way that anymore trouble would be possible if the game was played on a Saturday. The S cum fans are herded to the train station from the ground and can''t go anywhere!

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

I think the point that the OP was trying to make is that after the Manchester derby was built up to the extent of having a special MOTD it then became obvious that the teams were more interested in not losing rather than winning it. As such it was an embarassment. We also have an unusual KO time which sometimes has an effect on both the crowd and the players.

[/quote]

Thats no OP isn''t he your son ?? [:)]

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]Actually CA if you want to be correct he''s both. [:)][/quote]You see, there''s a problem if you have to come on the forum and re-write what your son has said just so it almost has a drop of sense within it.

Well I hope you all slept better than me, never sleep when we''re playing the ''''scum'''' will be glad when its all over [:)]

Would have slept fine but Annie has a cold and didn''t sleep more than 2 hours last night. I''ve given up and come downstairs to give Mrs Muddy some sleep time.

Now I have to watch "Up" on DVD again to keep her happy and I am sat here nervous for the next 4 hours and something whereas I could have slept an extra few hours and had no nerves!!!!!

If we don''t perform today I''ll be a nightmare to be in the same house as. If we win I''ll celebrate with a kip in a nice warm bath!

So nervous now......

did not sleep too much myself cityangel. Got the beer in, all bad luck omens banished to the garden shed, lucky undercrackers on and am thinking of  chucking next doors black cat in the shed as well!. Nervous, me?STS!!!!!!! [spank the scum!]OTBC

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="The Great Drinkell"]Actually CA if you want to be correct he''s both. [:)][/quote]

You see, there''s a problem if you have to come on the forum and re-write what your son has said just so it almost has a drop of sense within it.
[/quote]

hogesar I don''t see a problem but i do read the posts and try and make sense of what they are saying. -Not just Nanas but others - We all know Nana posts on here to gain a reaction from the rest of you and he seems to be quite good at it.  (maybe a career in broadcasting could follow)

enjoy the game and a safe journey to all

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="The Great Drinkell"]Actually CA if you want to be correct he''s both. [:)][/quote]

You see, there''s a problem if you have to come on the forum and re-write what your son has said just so it almost has a drop of sense within it.
[/quote]

hogesar I don''t see a problem but i do read the posts and try and make sense of what they are saying. -Not just Nanas but others - We all know Nana posts on here to gain a reaction from the rest of you and he seems to be quite good at it.  (maybe a career in broadcasting could follow)

enjoy the game and a safe journey to all

[/quote]

[:D]He is getting good at it.Maybe a job with the king of wind ups,the Daily Mail,beckons!