Sign in to follow this  
bjg123

Smith, Hoolahan and Jackson

Those were the subs we were able to bring on today, just goes to show how far we''ve come over the last two years, bringing on three players who''d have been the best three players in a blue shirt were they playing for the opposition.

Didn''t like the BBC''s opinion that we were greater than the sum of our parts and that Ipswich were on paper, the better team. Complete rubbish. Lambert gets the best out of his players but at the end of the day he can only work with what he has, and what he has is a set of players who are top standard in this league.

On a side note, I''m not sure why people are saying Chris Martin was the weak link, he had a good game today, very clever in his link up play and showed a lot more teamplay than we''re used to seeing. Put his great touch and vision to very good use and his assist was absolutely top drawer. I think we can be too critical of some players, everyone out there was excellent today, including Chris, who I think will become an excellent player at this level if given time to develop without people jumping on him whenever he doesn''t have a good game.

In summary - this is the best City squad we''ve seen for quite a few years - very similar if not better to the one we went up as champions with, just missing somebody who''s better than everyone in the league like Huckerby. Which isn''t necessarily a bad thing.

Final thought - is this the best selection of midfielders in the entire league?

Surman, Hoolahan, Lansbury, Smith, Fox, Crofts - they''re all so good!

I agree about this squad compared to the Worthington Squad that got promotion, that season the team had a virtual injury free season which is vital to the success of any team at any level. What Lambert does is bring out the best in every player he has, so that helps with the injuries we have had this season.

[quote user="mtv"]I agree about this squad compared to the Worthington Squad that got promotion, that season the team had a virtual injury free season which is vital to the success of any team at any level. What Lambert does is bring out the best in every player he has, so that helps with the injuries we have had this season.[/quote]

Yeah the lack of injuries has certainly helped - although we''ve coped well with the ones we have had. Surman was replaced adequately, and we have two injured left backs yet Simon Lappin has done a sterling job filling in.