Sign in to follow this  
Northern Canary

Svensson

Hey, how ya doing? Dave Angel, Eco Warrior, having a wee on a tree. Nothing wrong with that. Little bit of natural sauce coming out a natural bottle.

Dave Angel, I think you may have missed the point that Northern Canary was trying to make. He wasn''t advocating the idea of selling Svensson, more questioning the likely value IF he were sold.

In answer to the original question, I''d imagine that he''s increased in value since we boght him as he''s now a first team squad player in a Premiership team, whilst at Charlton he was a fringe player who appeared to be wanying away in Reserve team football.

I wouldn''t imagine however that there would be a horde of teams beating down the door IF we were to put him up for sale though, despite public interest from a team in Sweden.

I don''t think he''ll leave in the summer, even if we get relegated, as I think Worthers will want to keep the nucleus of the team as it is and add where he can afford to do so.

Talk is that Svennson is going back to Sweden at the end of the season wherever we end up. Last season he was great, his goals were a big factor in our promotion. This year he has struggled for goals as he has done for Charlton at this level in the past. With Ashton firmly in place as our target man and Jarvis improving all the time he''s rapidly moving down the pecking order, if he goes home he''ll probably go for free.

[quote]Why would we want to sell one of our better strikers? I know he''s crocked at the moment, but when he''s fit he will offer good cover for Ashton[/quote]

If Svensson is one of our" better strikers" ... God help us !! ....... 

Sorry if I got hold of the wrong end of the stick, just I don''t think it would be wise to sell him at the moment and to even think about it is wrong at this time.

On to my comment about him being one of our better strikers. After Ashton, we have no one who can hold the ball up and bring others into the game as well as Svensson. Sheded, I suppose you can''t stand Jonson, Helveg and Doherty as well as Svensson.

The rumour in swedish papers is that he will sign for his hometown club Elfsborg in the summer. Especially if Anders Svensson (southampton) does the same.

[quote]Sorry if I got hold of the wrong end of the stick, just I don''t think it would be wise to sell him at the moment and to even think about it is wrong at this time. On to my comment about him being one...[/quote]

Did I mention any of those players Dave Engel ?    you had said that Svensson is one of our better strikers  ......   considering  how many he`s scored  [ or rather NOT scored !! ]  I think I was justified  in  my response to that !    .........   strikers score goals  , if they don`t  then they are NOT strikers !   simple as that !!

You''re talking rubbish, Sheded.

Svensson has had two chances this season, and scored three goals. How does that shape up compared to Leon and Huckerby?

[quote]You''re talking rubbish, Sheded. Svensson has had two chances this season, and scored three goals. How does that shape up compared to Leon and Huckerby?[/quote]

I know you''re a big Svenny fan Bananaman, but to compare him to Hucks in any way is outrageous... there is an absolute gulf in class between the two.

Yes, one has a great touch, can pass, has vision, scores goals ...... and the other one is Hucks.Of course, I jest. But it wasn''t really a comparison, I was trying to say that this "Sven doesn''t score enough" criticism is silly. He is the only one of our strikers that has taken the chances that fell to him.If Hucks and Leon had done that, we certainly wouldn''t be in the position we are in now. We would have won at WHL, at home to Spurs and Portsmouth, away at WBA and at home to Villa.

There might be some info about our two Swede''s tonight. On the wekly football show on Kanal 5 here "Liga Europa" there will an "at home with" feature on Jonson & Svensson. Will report back tomorrow if none of the other Swedish contingent beat me to it