Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Some of our home supporters are morons

You''re winning the game 2-1. They are down to 10 men.

Start of the second half we play about 30 odd passes from left to right between the midfield and defence, making them chase the ball for 5 minutes.

And the crowd start moaning that we arent attacking, dont they know anything about football. If we have the ball they cant score.

The tactics were spot on, we knew they would have to go for it in the last 20 mins and bring on a striker, so we kept he ball and knackered them out, then when they made the change we broke and scored 2 goals in 2 minutes.

Tactis spot on, and to the people who moaned that we kept posession you''re all fucking idiots

[quote user="paulo79"]You''re winning the game 2-1. They are down to 10 men. Start of the second half we play about 30 odd passes from left to right between the midfield and defence, making them chase the ball for 5 minutes. And the crowd start moaning that we arent attacking, dont they know anything about football. If we have the ball they cant score. The tactics were spot on, we knew they would have to go for it in the last 20 mins and bring on a striker, so we kept he ball and knackered them out, then when they made the change we broke and scored 2 goals in 2 minutes. Tactis spot on, and to the people who moaned that we kept posession you''re all fucking idiots[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more. Sometimes you really do wonder whether people are watching the same game as you. I even heard one guy in the loo at half time blaming Ruddy for their goal on the basis that he should have come for the original cross, which was whipped in and won on the penalty spot!

Agreed. I had a moaner next to me, here is a small selection of his perals of wisdom...At 2-1, keeping the ball- ''Get it bloody forward Norwich''''Surman is crap £1m my arse''At 3-1 ''This is rubbish norwich, forward!''At 4-1 ''Chris Martin has done fuck all today''If you cant enjoy a good beating of the scum then why bother going.

[quote user="paulo79"]You''re winning the game 2-1. They are down to 10 men. Start of the second half we play about 30 odd passes from left to right between the midfield and defence, making them chase the ball for 5 minutes. And the crowd start moaning that we arent attacking, dont they know anything about football. If we have the ball they cant score. The tactics were spot on, we knew they would have to go for it in the last 20 mins and bring on a striker, so we kept he ball and knackered them out, then when they made the change we broke and scored 2 goals in 2 minutes. Tactis spot on, and to the people who moaned that we kept posession you''re all fucking idiots[/quote]

Totally agree paulo, Walker had City playing the same way, and fans loved it back then.[Y]

OP: spot on.On a slightly separate point, though, I thought we were much more direct in the final third yesterday (not ''direct'' as in long-ball, but incisive rather than overly patient). Obviously Lansbury''s craft adds something special to the team, but in previous home games we have sometimes been a little shot-shy in the final third, waiting for that perfect, Arsenal-style opportunity to score an open goal instead of putting our foot through the ball and trying to test the keeper. With regards to keeping possession from the back at 2-1 up, we were absolutely spot on, but if we can add the directness and willingness to test the keeper that we displayed yesterday, there''s no reason why we can''t match the very best teams in the division.

There were loads of people around me moaning about this, mind you, they''ll moan about anything. It was the perfect way to knacker their lot out without any City players breaking a sweat,and because we done that we went on to get 4, and Holty got his HT. Sometimes I wonder what the average IQ of City fans is, can''t be too high! Spot on tactics, and I know if we were losing I''d hate the scum to do it against us,so surely it''s good doing it to them!?!

Whilst I agree with the OP as I said mucht he same to my dad at the time his argument was two fold firstly that "attack is the best form of defence" which is true enough. More importantly was that we were only 2-1 up at the time and all it would take would be one little mistake and we could be at 2-2.

I could see his point, if they had of had a striker up front like Holt applying pressure then it could of been costly instead they had Priskin who couldn''t be bothered and it was only their no. 7 ( I don''t care who he is) who applied any pressure racing towards Lappin. At 3-1 and 4-1 up though he had no problem with it.

Davo

it was a spot on tactic! a joy to watch as well. Ipswich didnt create a threat in the second half and we could have passed it about all game if we had wanted too...after the years of Hoofball under worthy, Grant and Roeder seeing that passing spell yesterday was something special... how many passes did we get to before we lost the ball?

We did start the second half slighly wrong, yes, keep possession and pass the ball around, but when the ball is continiually played along the back four with the opposition just standing off, it allows ''em to rest and oganize too much. Once we started playing like that in their half we were on a winner.

Yep, a lot of people have no idea when it comes to football. Thought we did exactly the right thing, wear them out and exploit the inevitable space that was soon to follow... it was great making them look so daft!

I agree with the OP but you should have seen IC every time the ball was played back or sideways. He was urging them to pass forward, keep possession for sure but try and play it in their half rather then risk a slip (like they did for the 1st goal and the red card). Think it was more the sideways and backwards that earned any moans from where I was sitting and IC tended to agree judging by his gestures

I agree with Duffman, and, apparently, with Cully. When we were knocking it about at 2-1 I was hoping we wouldn''t regret it, especially given how vulnerable we are at set-pieces. Keeping possession is one thing, but knocking it aimlessly about at the back is another. My worry was that we were not good enough to do it for 45 minutes.

When we became more incisive the passing did exactly what it was supposed to: make those bastards run. And we got our rewards in the end. And didn''t David Fox come into his own. Exactly the sort of player you want on the pitch when you''re 2-1 up and the oppo are down to ten men. Not sure how much of a compliment that is...

Cannot agree morel, I believe I started a thread about the moaners following a previous game, but this is more unjustified. I think however it was just nervousness of us getting a third before they get a chance to equalise. However I love just watching us play keep ball and work a chance, rather than rushing it. How many long balls did we play yesterday.....hardly any. We passed it a treat. And if I hear anyone else moan at Ruddy for their goal I will personally give them a slap! Some bandwagons just keep on rolling.....!

[quote user="Largey"]Cannot agree morel, I believe I started a thread about the moaners following a previous game, but this is more unjustified. I think however it was just nervousness of us getting a third before they get a chance to equalise. However I love just watching us play keep ball and work a chance, rather than rushing it. How many long balls did we play yesterday.....hardly any. We passed it a treat. And if I hear anyone else moan at Ruddy for their goal I will personally give them a slap! Some bandwagons just keep on rolling.....![/quote]To be fair, our first goal and the sending off came from long balls forward, and until the sending off we actually hit quite a lot of them. It''s important to be able to mix it up at this level - same as in 2004, it wasn''t always silky one-touch pass-and-move stuff. We had Hucks to run at people from wide positions, and Roberts as a battering ram up top... versatility is the most important thing. Ipswich couldn''t deal with long balls; it cost them a goal and a player, and after that we used our passing game to inflict death by a thousand cuts. I love the patient build-ups too, but if we do it against 11 men from a better team, we might just get burned... keep ''em guessing, mix it up a bit!