Sign in to follow this  
hucks@dh6.co.uk

Ipswich match report on www.dh6.co.uk

Found myself agreeing with what you have written Hucks, thanks. On second inspection on the TV at home after the game, Holts tackle was two footed however not sure he really got any of the player (you don''t have to these days though!)

Hucks, would you be happy to see the same starting eleven against Derby next week, or do you think Wes deserves a start? Wouldn''t say he fits into a flat midfield as I thought Fox and Crofts swept everything up in midfield and dictated play from the middle, however I would be surprised if Wes wasn''t reintroduced if Lambert wanted to revert back to the diamond. Do we change a winning team?

not much feed back, thought i''d get some opinions on my Holt comments must have called it right?, if anybody is interested i''m looking for someone to do a guest review for Derby game.

let me know

Hucks

[quote user="hucks"]not much feed back, thought i''d get some opinions on my Holt comments must have called it right?, if anybody is interested i''m looking for someone to do a guest review for Derby game.

let me know

Hucks[/quote]Don''t think anyone will disagree with your positive points about Holty... I actually agree that he was lucky to stay on after that early challenge. I think the fact it was so early, and it was a derby match, might have saved him. To be fair, he looks like he''s going to get himself sent off most weeks, but has the knack of knowing when to pull out of a tackle (as he did when he got the ridiculous red card at Reading)... but if he''d have been sent off after three minutes and we''d lost the match, he''d be a villain instead of a hero now... such fine lines, eh? ;)I''d love to do a review if I do go to Derby, but not 100% sure if I''m going yet due to work commitments...

Think you nailed it with Holt to be fair.I think a lot of the fans jump all over Holt and Martin unless they score. I dont know what the situation is but a lot of people just dont seem ( or are blinkered ? ) towards the hard work they put in game in game out.

Think you were a little harsh on Surman Hucks, he''s been out for a while & it''s only his 2nd game back, thought he was decent enough all things considered.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Think you nailed it with Holt to be fair.I think a lot of the fans jump all over Holt and Martin unless they score. I dont know what the situation is but a lot of people just dont seem ( or are blinkered ? ) towards the hard work they put in game in game out.[/quote]I wouldn''t say work-rate is one of Martin''s strongest assets. It has definitely improved, and I certainly wouldn''t class him as the ''lazy bones'' some people seem to think he is, but Holt''s work-rate is still much higher than Chrissie''s IMO. I think the criticism is from people who have failed to take into account how much harder the Champ is compared to League 1 - Chris scored loads of goals last season, but this season he hasn''t got that many purely because you don''t get as many chances against the better opposition... same''s true of Holt, apart from yesterday when we were playing League 1-standard opposition ;)

Have to agree about you being a bit harsh on Surman Hucks, he has been out for a while and he took a few games to start looking good for us at the start of the season. He was just looking like stepping up to the plate when he got his injury. Give him 5 more games and the difference will be huge. Don''t forget he took a big hit in the "penalty" incident with Chrissy. I think he was carrying a knock from then on.

Totally agree with the Holty comments though. He is a red card waiting to happen but gives 200% on the pitch. Any idiot that thinks we should drop him when he lost form/fitness needs a check up from the neck up! He''s the difference between winning and losing some games. In the away game at Cardiff I was sat amongst the home fans, and they were all talking about him being the danger man and how dangerous he looked. Then on the message board people were insinuating he didn''t do much. If he had Jackson''s pace, he''d probably be playing in the Premiership.

He was one of the few signings of recent times that I''ve been really happy about. I still don''t know why Forest let him go! He was huge in getting them promoted. It''s like us selling him now. For peanuts.

He has his faults, but what fan cannot be pleased he''s playing for us, not against us? Isn''t that the sign of a good player?

Watching the game again....i don''t think it would have been fair to give Holt a red, wasn''t really the ''traditional'' two footed tackle....

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

Great stuff Hucks, very good summing up of a great day for us.

[/quote]

My fingers always stuff up ''great'' when I''m typing, Doh. [8-)]

Agree with comments re Holt''s tackle. A very wild challenge so early in match and could have easily been red carded and possibly led to us losing the match. It was just so unnecessary - especially from the captain. I also thought Holt had used his hand to control ball for his first goal - but we have seen many worse instances this season which have gone unnoticed. But he certainly had a great game.

Surman looked good last week, but fair to say he had a very mediocre game on Sunday. The early knock may not have helped but it could not have been that bad otherwise he would surely have not come out for secondhalf. Have not seen enough of him yet but tends to be a bit casual and does not give a lot of defensive support to his fullback. If my assessment proves to be correct then I feel we may as well play Wes in that position. His workrate is significantly more.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Watching the game again....i don''t think it would have been fair to give Holt a red, wasn''t really the ''traditional'' two footed tackle....[/quote]

I also thought a yellow card was fair for the tackle on Colback, it didnt look 2 footed and there were no studs showing. As for the handball I couldn''t see it clearly from the City Stand so watched it again on tv but the camera angle doesn''t show it clearly either.

Presume from your bad points that you had some cash on 5-1 Hucks, I had £2 on 3-1 at 18/1 so Wes did me out of £36 [:)]