Sign in to follow this  
mrs miggins

our midfield lineup

Cloughie at Derby has jumped on the 4-2-3-1 bandwagon so I think we should possibly go;

Surman-Crofts-Lansbury-Smith

Lansbury looked best yesterday when he drifted towards the centre and he could pull the strings in midfield. Kris Commons is a threat for Derby and he will come in from their left, so someone like Smith there to counter him could work well.

Although going back to the diamond could work well against the 4-2-3-1 and having Crofts deeper could be important.

Derby like ourselves like to knock the ball around but have grafters as well in Green & Savage so it should be a good game.

I''ve heard talk of Drury returning at left back so don''t forget about Lappin, he must be pushing Surman very hard and brings of things to the team.

I don'' think that Surman will be risked. He is still recovering and trying to find some match fitness and looked like he had picked up a knock.

I would go for our Diamond for this away match

Crofts, Smith, Angela with Hooly in his normal position.

I really really hope we get a chance to see the diamond with Lansbury, Surman and Hoolahan....surely those three creative attacking minds will cause havoc!!