Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Hoolahan on his way out...

...With Barnett on his way in?

With Hooly not starting in a few recent games can we start reading into this about the chance of him moving on in january!? 

I certainly hope not, and with his place being taken by fox i hope lambert doesn''t rate fox ahead of hooly [:@]!

The only thing i would take is hooly out and barnett and lansbury in!

We''ve had two threads on this...

Why would WBA want Hoolahan?

Why would we sell Hoolahan?

Why would Arsenal sell Lansbury?

Just because Hoolahan hasn''t started every game, doesn''t mean he''s on his way, Lambert probably just wants to play a flat 4-4-2 rather than diamond

Look, we have 6 midfielders who are always in contention to start and they are Lansbury, Surman, K.Smith, Crofts, Fox and Hoolahan and Lambert see''s this as the best option in midfield at the moment:

Lansbury - Fox - Crofts - Surman

Although it could be argued that K.Smith would be in Fox''s position if he didn''t get injured.  So Lambert obviously see''s that if we play 4-4-2 Hoolahan is not the best person to start and I agree with him.  When we change to another formation Hoolahan may come back in but if we continue to play 4-4-2 Hoolahan will not start and will be used as an impact player.  You need to stop trying to read between the lines and stop getting worried, I for one can not see him leaving in January. 

Can we all forget about signing Lansbury, not gonna happen.

As for Wes, for me he''s a massively important part of the squad, but we''ve had some big games and he''s not famed for his defensive abilities, it could be purely tactical. I don''t think Lambert would drop him just because he''s stalling over a new contract, but if he is refusing to sign I still wouldn''t sell him in January. We''ve got a much better chance of a top 6 finish with Wes than without him, and we''re not likely to get a decent fee for a player thats never really proved himself at Championship level and has only 5 months left on his contract.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]We''ve had two threads on this... Why would WBA want Hoolahan? Why would we sell Hoolahan? Why would Arsenal sell Lansbury? Just because Hoolahan hasn''t started every game, doesn''t mean he''s on his way, Lambert probably just wants to play a flat 4-4-2 rather than diamond[/quote]

It''s that time of the year again Dr, can I have some more pills?

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

Can we all forget about signing Lansbury, not gonna happen.

As for Wes, for me he''s a massively important part of the squad, but we''ve had some big games and he''s not famed for his defensive abilities, it could be purely tactical. I don''t think Lambert would drop him just because he''s stalling over a new contract, but if he is refusing to sign I still wouldn''t sell him in January. We''ve got a much better chance of a top 6 finish with Wes than without him, and we''re not likely to get a decent fee for a player thats never really proved himself at Championship level and has only 5 months left on his contract.

[/quote]I''ve posted about this a couple of times before, but nobody replied, so I''m going to try again... interested to know what the general feeling is about the Lansbury situation!Spurs sold Taarabt to QPR for £1m, and Taarabt had

more first-team experience at his parent club than Lansbury – according

to Wikipedia, Henri has only ever made one senior appearance for

Arsenal, and he''s 20 years old already. I admit it''s unlikely, as a

lower Prem club would probably be interested, but if he stays here for

the season and we''re still upwardly mobile, I don''t think it''s

completely out of the question, especially if we do cash in on Wes.That said, I agree that seeing as we''d get next to nothing for Wes in January, it''s worth the risk of him walking away on a free in the summer just to have him for the rest of the season. Trouble is, if we don''t get a fee for him, we''d do well to be able to afford either Lansbury or Barnett - unless we get promoted of course. Interesting situation...

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]We''ve had two threads on this... Why would WBA want Hoolahan? Why would we sell Hoolahan? Why would Arsenal sell Lansbury? Just because Hoolahan hasn''t started every game, doesn''t mean he''s on his way, Lambert probably just wants to play a flat 4-4-2 rather than diamond[/quote]

[/quote]

What do you mean?

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote] What do you mean?[/quote]

All these coming and going threads, If we buy him sell him it realy does give my Arse an head ache 

Ahh yeah, sorry i didn''t understand :P now I do...

It does get brought up too much....none of us know who Lambert wants to sell or buy, and their are some silly suggestions either way.