Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Only one Championship player has more assists than Holty...

[quote user="CT"]

Adel Taarabt.Can we please stop slagging him off even when he doesnt play as well as we know he can.

Lets discuss his good points instead shall we????

[/quote]Have you got a link to this info? Not disputing it, just curious to see...

Yes CT....How much of the last few weeks was moaning about him? not very much...

Some people will always moan about whoever or whatever...

And recently on here, there has been more moaning about people moaning than anything else...

If the internet existed decades ago like it is today.  I''m quite confident we''d have threads moaning about Peters, Fashanu, Curran, Keelan etc etc.  All are legends in their own right.  You can easily ignore the moaning if they''re just moaning.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Yes CT....How much of the last few weeks was moaning about him? not very much...

Some people will always moan about whoever or whatever...

And recently on here, there has been more moaning about people moaning than anything else...[/quote]Stop moaning about people moaning about people moaning, it''s doing my head in. Why shouldn''t I be able to moan about people moaning if I want to? Next you''ll be moaning at me for me moaning at you for moaning about people who moan about people moaning. Get a grip.

Earlier on in the season, Holt wasn''t playing particularly well. Not just in terms of scoring a goal every single game, he just wasn''t playing very well. Hence people questioning his automatic right to be in the team. I still maintain he was carrying some kind of knock or fitness issue as he really just wasn''t looking himself.

Now he''s playing like we all know he can and living up to his ''legend'' status again.

I don''t think anyone''s said he was a bad player or rubbish. I think some were just commenting on his blip in form.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/DivisionalAssists/0,,10794~20107,00.html

It''s true. Taarabt has 7 while Don Cowie, Paul Green and Holt have 6.

[quote user="26mjw"]http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/DivisionalAssists/0,,10794~20107,00.html

It''s true. Taarabt has 7 while Don Cowie, Paul Green and Holt have 6.[/quote]I realise the alphabet plays a glaring part in this, but i can''t help but feel a sense of pride for Holt seeing that you have to drop down another 14 places to find another out-and-out striker on that list - only striker in the top 16 (top 8 if we''re going to be fair; which is no mean feat alone).He''s scored a hat-trick against the scum, captained our side to the League One title, scored a ton of goals, provided almost as many assists, and has been integral to almost all our successful play under Lambert from the off. Retire now and he''d be guaranteed a place in the Hall Of Fame, though i''d be more than happy to see him here for another 6 or 7 years (and yes, i''m well aware he''s 29).