Sign in to follow this  
Libbra Lives in Dubai

Best supported club in the Championship

This surprised me to be honest, but our total attendance thus far is the largest in our league (whilst our average attendance is 3rd largest). So we can officially call ourselves the best supported club in the Championship this year! OTBC!

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/stats/attendance/_/league/eng.2/english-league-championship?cc=4716

True but it will only last until we visit Pride Park next weekend - unless the weather stops their fans attending in their usual 26K plus.  I think realistically third best is about as good as it will get - until the second tier is built upon the City stand when we will be in the Premier league anyway.

Having now seen the accounts for last year I think the potential for ground improvements has increased greatly.  If we should be in the hunt for promotion in March expect a planning application to be in pdq!

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]According to this website our average is Second highest based on % of seats against capacity[url]http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D1/attend.html[/url]plus higher average attendances than 7 Premiership clubs as well.OTBC![/quote]Can someone please explain what on earth is up with that table to me? It was doing the same with Cardiff last season.I can only suspect they''ve wrongly listed the capacity for Cardiff, because frankly the idea that they''re filling well in excess of their 100% capacity on a weekly basis just strikes me as a load of b0||0ck$.I''m not havin'' it, we''re first.

Doesn''t surprise me at all!

Last season we beat 18 teams in the championship for average attendance as well as beating 6 in the prem..

The fact its bigger isnt surprising given a higher league, the position we are and the extra seats. It can only serve to be a good thing in the long run

[quote user="John"][quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]According to this website our average is Second highest based on % of seats against capacity[url]http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D1/attend.html[/url]plus higher average attendances than 7 Premiership clubs as well.OTBC![/quote]Can someone please explain what on earth is up with that table to me? It was doing the same with Cardiff last season.I can only suspect they''ve wrongly listed the capacity for Cardiff, because frankly the idea that they''re filling well in excess of their 100% capacity on a weekly basis just strikes me as a load of b0||0ck$.I''m not havin'' it, we''re first.[/quote]They''re using Ninian Park''s Capacity.

Who are these Martin haters?

There are about two, who have just decided they know more than everyone else about how to play football, and think Martin isn''t any good....

So we are the 16th best supported club in the country, with extra seating we could quite possibly be the 12th biggest club. Wish I was living back home and able to enjoy these good times first hand, being exiled and broke I make the odd away day and thats it. But thanks, you all keep our club going and for that I salute you.