Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Scum v WBA tonight

What sort of attendance do you think we would get for a cup tie we are most likely going to lose, on a Wednesday night where the forecast says its going to be minus 5?Oh, and wrong forum [;)]

[quote user="morty"]I doubt it very much, to be honest.

[:)]
[/quote]

I would have to agree, we struggled to get just over 12000 for the Sunderland match, and it was a warm evening too,But have to say,watching sky interview Keano today, I think he''s out of a job tomorrow, can''t see West  Brom folding tonight,So I''m going 5 -0 for the Baggies

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="morty"]I doubt it very much, to be honest.[:)][/quote]

I would have to agree, we struggled to get just over 12000 for the Sunderland match, and it was a warm evening too,But have to say,watching sky interview Keano today, I think he''s out of a job tomorrow, can''t see West  Brom folding tonight,So I''m going 5 -0 for the Baggies

[/quote]Ooh, I do hope so.[:)]

I doubt it has needed us to ''smash the confidenve out of their fans.

Anyone with an ounce of sense (not a commodity in abundence south of the border I admit) could see that their club is flat on it''s arse.

Keane is constantly complaining that he has to patch up the squad with youth players. When he is allowed a few coppers all he can afford is a hopeless WBA player and some hopeless idiot that can''t even get into the Plymouth team. Jason Scofflard has proved a failure as has the boy blunder.

If they have a poor crowd tonight that will be understandable. It''s cold, the roads are bad and the team is struggling. ironic though how the farmhands keeping squeaking about being in a cup that they have always derided as being worthless.

Apart from a good payout (for Evans) against Chelsea the paupers season could well be as good as over tonight - unless a relegation battle is ''a season''. In the space of a week their youth team has been dumped out of the cup at the first attempt - against a Peterboro team from a lower youth league (no prizes for guessing who is not struggling near the bottom of the youth league like the binners, but is actually top - us). They''ve been humiliated by their rivals and now they face a struggle to keep in the cup.

A defreat at home to Swansea on Saturday could leave them a point off the relegation spot - and with 20 players out of contract at the end of the season there will be further sales in January to pre-empt pre contract agreements being signed by their players. Perhaps those problems might have dented their confidence also.

Anyway lets just hope the club has put plenty of bubble wrap around the bins tonight - we all know what absolute devestation these young rural folk can wreck if they get too over excited.

poorman road - brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !

[quote user="CT"]My mate just rang their ticket office to get tickets for tonight and they''ve sold under 12,000 tickets! I do so hope we''ve smashed the confidence out of their fans :D OTBC![/quote]

As Morty said would you brave artic conditions to watch your team if they had lost 4 in a row and  were disallusioned. Its not like its a league game is it? Can''t see many WBA fans will make the trip either and will be surprised if the gate is much over 10,000

Maybe if it was the Chelski tie, but I doubt i would go.Only game ive defaulted on this year was the Crystal Palace game, I felt vindicated by the score line

The Sunderland game was the 2nd round (or early on at least) of the Carling Cup, on SKY, and we''d just been smashed 7-1 at home. You can''t compare to this...

If we were at home in the quarter-final of the Carling Cup, I for one would attend - even if it was minus 5!

I think we''d be looking at 18-20,000 for a game like that if we had it.

[quote user="CT"]Well actually I went to every single home game the season we went down and this is a game that they could *potentially* win. Even if Norwich were in the same situation I would go.[/quote]

But its a carling cup game they aren''t likely to win, they have 5 of their first team ( loanees) cuptied, one player suspended and 6 first teamers injured so it''ll be their reserve team against a WBA team including some of their kids.

Its absolutely freezing cold tonight, your team have won 2 games from the last 9, tickets are £20, would you really go CT?

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="CT"]Well actually I went to every single home game the season we went down and this is a game that they could *potentially* win. Even if Norwich were in the same situation I would go.[/quote]

But its a carling cup game they aren''t likely to win, they have 5 of their first team ( loanees) cuptied, one player suspended and 6 first teamers injured so it''ll be their reserve team against a WBA team including some of their kids.

Its absolutely freezing cold tonight, your team have won 2 games from the last 9, tickets are £20, would you really go CT?

[/quote]It''s a cup quarter final for heavens sake, who knows what might happen, they could struggle the whole match, bag a 92nd minute winner and set up a semi-final.  When was the last time we reached the quarter finals of the League Cup?  I''d be going.

Quite amusing they have won - spoke to my Ipswich mate tonight and he said please let them lose tonight and Saturday, and then maybe they can sack Keane and mopve forward.Oh dear!

ExeterCreweMillwallNorthamptonWest Brom Reservestheir run to the semis. Jammy bastards. Hope they draw arsenal and get pumped. I assume there will still only be 10k home fans for the semis, since this is such an insignificant competition and much, much below their level.

They''ve got Arsenal. It''s a two legged affair, slightly jealous that they have got to this stage to be fair, and they get to play at the Emirates and Stamford Bridge this season!

Ah hell, who am I kidding! Keep Keano in!

Imagine if Lansbury goes back to Gunners and plays against the Scum again!

ABSOLUTELY played them OFF the park. They probably had two attempts on goal all game, whereas we could have easily been 3 or 4 nil up within the first half. Also had a blatant penalty denied when the keeper wiped Priskin clean out. Some very promising performances, especially from the two teenage centrebacks who did not put a foot wrong all night.Buzzing for the Emirates and Stamford Bridge.Never wanted Keano out, takes time to build a side.City1st, you never stop making laugh!!!Have to go straight to the Sheepshaggers game from football, muddy knees and everything! Cannot wait.See you in April

I think the Ipswich fans are being a little unfair to Roy Keane. They wondered what he was doing when he replaced Jason Scotland with Colin Healy just before half-time against Norwich. Tonight, against WBA, he was showing those fans that he is consistent in his decisions. Once again he replaced Scotland with Healy just a minute or two before the game was over. When he replaced Scotland with Healy against us at the 42 minute mark it simply was reflecting Keane''s desire for the game to be over.  [:D] I hope any  Ipswich fans reading this can understand the way their manager''s mind works.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

The binners were always going to win tonight. Can you really imagine West Brom being up for this? Not in a million years. Unfortunately the EADT had bought all of the injury nonsense. As indeed did one or two on here....

[quote user="LocalDerbys"]I wholeheartedly agree with you that we are unfair to Royston, Colin Healy was brilliant when he came on ;)[/quote]

Shame he was garbage when he came on against us, eh?

See you in April, indeed. Another nice, easy three points for us.

I LOVE how Look East gives us a one liner for our victory, ''more info on Radio suffolk''. Makes me laugh everytime! If that was you it would be bloody featured news.