Sign in to follow this  
ncfcrule

Russell Martin. Another top performance

He has had one or two average games this year, but in my opinion he is easily in my top 3 for player of the year getting towards the half way stage. He looks quicker, fitter, sharper than last season, and has got involved in the goals too! Yesterday he was very good in my opinion. He attacks well, but doesn''t get caught out as he always gets back. He is really starting to turn into the right footed drury. he attacks very drury like, and is now very solid, i used to be his top critic, but am happily impressed this season. Anyone else agree?

OTBC

Totally agree. What an improvement from when he first joined us. He is a dedicated intelligent player and had a terrific game yesterday.

I must add that, for me, one of the many Lambert talents is his ability to improve every player in the club. What a contrast from our last three managers!

I''m delighted for the lad. I''ve always rated him, but, like Ruddy at present, there were always people looking to get on his back. Now weare seeing his true worth.

I think positionally he could be better. There are times where he''s found out of place and that bothers me a bit. Otherwise I think he''s been very good. Considering I think we spent £100k on him, I think we''ve bought a bargain.

What impresses me the most about RM is his work rate and fitness. Considering he has played every game this season he still gets up and down the wing for the full 90 minutes.

For their first game together I though him and Lansbury linked up well altough I do not believe Lansbury would be as willing to cover RM as Korey if RM has gone deep in to their half

But all in all Lambert has got the best out of him (and others) and I hope in continues

In the second half when he received a cross field ball from Lansbury (I think), he cut inside past the Binner left back and then crossed using the outside of his right foot. Pure class.He has always been solid but now he really is looking like a great wing back.

I always thought he was a solid full-back when he joined us and got a lot of very unfair criticism but I must say he has performed much better than I had expected at a higher level.  Barely put a foot wrong all season.

I said after the game Sunday that he''s been quite a revelation for us this season. Like others I had one or two concerns with regards to his performance on occasion last season but they''re in the past. This season he is proving himself to be the one of the best RBs we''ve had in a long time.

Russell Martins done a very solid job this season!

The Leeds game when he got skinned by Gradel shows that against a Premiership quality winger he''ll struggle but they are few and far between at this level!

Its also aparent that he has to be at his best to do any good in this Division, something hes achieved in most games!

The critiscism of him earlier this season was not fair!

He''s always been quite decent on the ball and quite cultured but previously was weak defensively. To be fair though this season he has improved his defensive game, been a lot better and has emerged as an important player for us. I still don''t think he''s the best if people run at him but he''s doing well. 

Fair play to Russell Martin.

I was firmly in the ''doubters'' camp last season and early this, but recently he has been superb culminating in his goal at reading and all round performance vs. Ipswich. It''s still too early to call him the right-footed version of Drury, as the word ''consistency'' was designed for Drury.

Great stuff from R Martin so far though and let''s hope he can keep it up, as others have said a similar story to Ruddy too.

As i have said before here.................he''s quality,give him time,he''s learning................I knew i was right backing the lad! [:D]

I disagree, Lambert has got the best out of every single player since he''s been at Carrow Road and I would have liked to have seen him get the best out of Jon Otsemobor, as I think he could have been as good as Ashley Cole with the right manager and coaching staff.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I disagree, Lambert has got the best out of every single player since he''s been at Carrow Road and I would have liked to have seen him get the best out of Jon Otsemobor, as I think he could have been as good as Ashley Cole with the right manager and coaching staff.
[/quote]

You mek me larf