Sign in to follow this  
mrs miggins

Now that McNally

has said there is some money to spend who do you lot think Lambert should invest in. Obviously Barnett. I also think a proven goalscorer or left back on loan.

Lappin can do a good enough job for the time being, and I''m reasonably happy with our firepower at the minute.As long as we get a few injured players back I think we''re in not bad shape.

Yep, extent Barnett''s loan until the end of the season. Not sure we need a new left back seeing as we have Drury, Smith and Lappin (in order of ability) in that position already. Back up to Holt would be very welcome of course. Apart from that I can really think of any positions that need backup or improvement, especially now Lansbury is here (although extending his loan to the end of the season would also be fantastic for us).

We could do with another right back and maybe some more "combative" midfield back-up. If Crofts is out we don''t really have anyone of the same ilk to replace him as all our other midfielders are skillful lightweight sorts. Other than that i''m pretty happy with the squad at present.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]Landsbury till the end of the season...Barnett on a permenant...A back up for Holt(big man) apart from that we look in good shape[/quote]Lansbury#  better correct it before the spelling police get me!!! [;)]

The bit that got me was when he said it is up to Lambo if he wants to trade a player, with all the talk about Hoolahoop on here, am I reading too much into this comment?

It''s a long time since I''ve seen a City side that looks so solid. There doesn''t seem to be any clear weaknesses nor players that we would happliy pay to be rid off. What is being spoken of on here is the need for back up. Injuries now seem to be the norm rather than the exception, so cover is vital.

The attitude suggests that the intention is to keep the momentum going rather than go with what we have got. I can''t say this is a suprise as at the arrival of the ex Rangers coach the club was saying that his job would be too indentify players that would/could be brought in during January.

One thing is certain, There will be no sentimentality. Holt has hauled himself back into contention (in more ways than one) and Martin has got back to his better self. So will it be simply back up, one or two for the future or maybe someone like Lansbury who has added that extra bit of class ?

If Barnett stays then questions have to be asked over Nelson. Askou and Whitbread and maybe on or two of the fringe players. However given what is at stake (even just a playoff place) Lambert might not risk cutting the squad down to the bone, nor chance that it might allow any player to think his place is certain.

[quote user="Heresyourfathersgun"]I just get the impression from his comments in the media that Lansbury isn''t expecting to stay[/quote]

Just need to follow him on twitter to see he is not too happy out of London

Korey can cover at right back, I''d look for a target man as cover for Holty. Leon to stay is a must.....

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]Landsbury till the end of the season...Barnett on a permenant...A back up for Holt(big man) apart from that we look in good shape[/quote]Lansbury#  better correct it before the spelling police get me!!! [;)][/quote]

Fully agree with this,

I cannot see the sense in needing to strengthen anywhere else until the end of the season

-as in if he does trade a player, then its his (the Managers) decision and his alone, and not due to pressure from the board?

You''re scaring me here!

I really hope Wes doesn''t move on, either in January, or on a free in the Summer. But maybe its out of our hands, maybe he wants to move, maybe his wage expectations are too high, maybe he is aware that other clubs are interested and one or two might be in the Prem, maybe Celtic have made an enquiry, they''were linked with him when he was at Blackpool.

Ideally--

1. Barnett signs permanently.

2. Lansbury until the end of the season.

3. Versatile defender (can play anywhere in back four) -another Darren Kenton, wonder what he''s up to?

4. Yep, big man back-up to Holt-a Shefki Kuqi (sp), or the big lad we had whose now at Palace, hell, mind blank!!