Sign in to follow this  
ca

Moving forward to Derby County game

Guess this will be a tough one, they''ve won their last 6 home games, but then again aren''t they all in this league [:)]

So whats your thoughts on this game, whats your starting lineup and your prediction for this game?

Hopefully Drury might make this game?

Tough place to go, especially with them winning a few of their home games on the spin. As per usual, we will go to attack and we''ll see how we go from there.

Think Lambert will give the diamond a go since we''re away.

[quote user="Adam_2010"]Tough place to go, especially with them winning a few of their home games on the spin. As per usual, we will go to attack and we''ll see how we go from there.

Think Lambert will give the diamond a go since we''re away.[/quote]like the sound of that, especially if Lansbury is behind the front 2!

Surely the only reason to play the diamond, is to bring Hoolahan back in?

I think Surman/Lansbury/Hoolahan would be a devastating combo against any team in this league...

Lots of snow in Derbyshire and loads more fell over night, hope it clears up for Sat.

[quote]

Further snowfall overnight has closed hundreds of schools and caused further disruption for Derbyshire motorists.

An earlier accident on the M1 northbound at junction 25 has been cleared but one lane remains closed southbound between junction 29 and 28 after a lorry jacknifed.

The A38 is closed between Watchorn Island and Alfreton in South Normanton, because of a jackknifed lorry.

Heavy snow has closed the A54 between Bosley Crossroads in Bosley and the A537 junction in Buxton in both directions and the A6 carriageway is just passable with hazardous driving conditions in both directions in Cromford.

The county council said high winds had been blowing snow on to roads.Motorists have been advised to make only essential journeys in the affected areas.

Further snow is expected in the Peak District on Wednesday.[/quote]

Quite a bit of snow fall in Nottingham over the last couple of days, still confident with 3 days to go that the game will be on.

Really tough game as they''re flying at the moment but I fancy us anywhere under Lambert.

Stick with the side that beat Ipswich, bringing Hoolahan in would disrupt the solid 4 we had in midfield on Sunday.

This will be a tough one. If their away record were even half as good as their home record they would be pushing QPR.

But it isn''t, and so they are in the scrum with us. But don''t underestimate the task. They are formidable at home.

Our available squad is now growing weekly but of those who have been selected in the last two matches only Drury is likely to be an improvement.

So we shall offer last Sunday''s team, if Surman is fit, with Drury a possible at LB. Even if the latter is fit would we want to thrust him straight in to such a match?

Can we win? I doubt it. Can we get a point? I think that''s possible, although still something of an ask.

I suspect that the score will be 1-1 or 2-1 to Derby.

If we get our attitude right, i think we are more than capable of getting at least a point.

Expect the diamond formation and if Lansbury is on his game and Holt is even half way to the level he was at on sunday, then they shouldn''t fear Derby.

I''m going for a optimistic 2-1 win.

Holt and Jackson with a late winner from the bench.

[quote user="CT"]

I dont really want to travel all the way to Derby just hear it''s been called off, who does right?!

What''s the earliest point at which we should hear if the game is off?

OTBC

[/quote]

I dunno, but I remember a few years back, we left Carrow Road for Sunderland at stupid o''clock in the morning, got all the way to Ferrybridge only to find out the ref had just called the game off. Not best pleased.

[quote user="The Walking Man "][quote user="CT"]

I dont really want to travel all the way to Derby just hear it''s been called off, who does right?!

OTBC

[/quote]

I dunno, but I remember a few years back, we left Carrow Road for Sunderland at stupid o''clock in the morning, got all the way to Ferrybridge only to find out the ref had just called the game off. Not best pleased.

[/quote]

I  think if it is off we will hear by Friday

[quote user="CT"]

OTBC[/quote]

Forecast for Derby is Thursday cloudy/sun and Friday sunny all day so there could be a big melt by Sat afternoon. But is there is any doubt on Sat am they usually call it off by 9am ish to save travelling.

As long as the undersoil heating continues to work if City angel''s forecast is right and no major snowfalls from tomorrow on then the game should definitely be on.  Pride Park is a stadium in an open area but close to railway station so all routes to the ground can be kept clear relatively easily.  It''s also a modern bowl like arena so most of the terracing should be free from snow and ice so no reason to do a Walsall on us.

As long as Holt doesn''t take a breather he and Savage can wind each other up to let Lansbury and Surman knock it about with gusto. 

COYY - same again!

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="shefcanary"]

As long as the undersoil heating continues to work if City angel''s forecast is right [/quote]

Got it from http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/today.asp?zipcode=derby, Friday looks like a really sunny day.

Hope its on, am looking forward to my visit there.

[/quote]

So am I, really looking forward to it, first visit there. Spoke to the Derby ticket office today and they are very confident the game will be on, but I suppose they would be.

Doesn''t matter if it''s sunny - it matters if it''s warm! Sunday was reletively sunny but the only game I know of in Norwich that went ahead was at Carrow Road and only because of the undersoil heating.

Most of the Sunday League pitches remain to be frozen at this time and are looking unplayable at the weekend again.

Now onto the team selection - the most interesting thing is how things will be shaken up should Drury be fit for the weekend.

I say that because Lappin did well and although not better than Drury in that position he would have to be given a place on the bench just in case. Of the bench who would drop altogether?

At the moment I would say Johnson. I do feel sorry for Johnson, from what I have seen of him he is pretty fast and much better on the ball than Jackson.

Ruddy

R.Martin Barnett Ward Lappin

Crofts

Lansbury Surman

Hoolahan

Holt Martin

Lansbury to stay ahead of Smith for now, Wes back in for Fox. If Derby put the shackles on Wes, we''ve got Surman + Lansbury there as that creative spark to put balls into Holt + Martin.

Good thing about that is McNamee, Jackson and K.Smith will still be on the bench, alongside Fox is anything needs tightening.

A headache for PL, but a good one to have.

I''d suggest playing 4-5-1, as much as it pains me to leave Chris out of my preferred team after what I thought was a very solid performance Sunday.

Ruddy

Martin Ward Barnett Lappin

Crofts

Lansbury Smith Surman

Hoolahan

Holt

There''s serious creativity and goals in that team I''m sure. Jackson and Martin on the bench if we''re chasing a goal too.

I''m sure whatever team we turn out will reflect Lambert''s best thought on how to adapt to what he thinks  gives us a fighting chance. I would love to know Lambert''s inner thoughts on how he intends for us to be most effective in dealing with Kris Commons, who has scored almost a third of Derby''s goals this season. His 50+ shots season to date is more than three times more than any other Derby player, which means we have to keep him away from having clear shots on what is sure to be a slippery surface.

Did anyone see the Arsenal game against Spurs and the way that Wenger had Arsenal primed to deal with Gareth Bale in the first half. Every time Bale got the ball on the wing there was not only an Arsenal player immediately in his face but two more Arsenal players staggered behind in case Bale beat his man. Of course, they had to be sure Bale was unable to execute a quick pass which would have put Arsenal at a distinct disadvantage, but it was executed brilliantly. Bale was rendered relatively ineffective. Of course Spurs came back to win the game as Redknapp started to employ Bale more down the centre proving once again that you need a Plan A and a Plan B. 

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="shefcanary"]

As long as the undersoil heating continues to work if City angel''s forecast is right [/quote]

Got it from http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/today.asp?zipcode=derby, Friday looks like a really sunny day.

[/quote]So am I, really looking forward to it, first visit there. Spoke to the Derby ticket office today and they are very confident the game will be on, but I suppose they would be. [/quote]I''m about twenty minutes drive away from Pride Park. It doesn''t look like there was much snow overnight but it''s snowing again now. Definitely no sun!

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="thefutureisyellow"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="shefcanary"]

[/quote]So am I, really looking forward to it, first visit there. Spoke to the Derby ticket office today and they are very confident the game will be on, but I suppose they would be. [/quote]I''m about twenty minutes drive away from Pride Park. It doesn''t look like there was much snow overnight but it''s snowing again now. Definitely no sun![/quote]

Usefull to have a man on the spot, thanks, let us know how things go?

Very good point Yankee.

I reckon that Crofts will be employed to follow him around and harass him all game, to reduce his effect as much as he can.

However in hindsight, this is where K.Smiths hustling and bustling could come in handy, as he''s all action and an in your face type of player. But who do we put him in for?

As for the point about Arsenal quietening Bale, that''s what i think they will do to Wes. This should leave Surman and Lansbury with a little more freedom.

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]
I''m about twenty minutes drive away from Pride Park. It doesn''t look like there was much snow overnight but it''s snowing again now. Definitely no sun!
[/quote]

I understand all the main roads in and out of Derby are clear though and Derby are confident it will go ahead ??

I spoke to Derby around 20 minutes and as far as they are concerned, the game is going ahead. However, the woman in the office said that Derbyshire Police could call it off if they felt conditions were unsafe.My bet is that it''s going ahead although living in Lincolnshire I must say I''ve never seen snow this deep before. Travelling may be a nightmare.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Snow is deep in Nottingham and it''s still snowing, still not had my ticket come through in the post, any ideas on what I should do tomorrow if it''s still not here?[/quote]There''s a thread on here somewhere about late tickets, I think CA started it? If you ring the ticket office they can arrange for you to pick up replacements at Pride Park on the day (the Norwich ticket office).

[quote user="bjg123"]I''d suggest playing 4-5-1, as much as it pains me to leave Chris out of my preferred team after what I thought was a very solid performance Sunday.

Ruddy

Martin Ward Barnett Lappin

Crofts

Lansbury Smith Surman

Hoolahan

Holt

There''s serious creativity and goals in that team I''m sure. Jackson and Martin on the bench if we''re chasing a goal too.[/quote]You mean this?:                         RuddyR.Martin    Ward        Barnett        Drury/Lappin   K.Smith             Crofts             Surman                              Lansbury        Hoolahan                                                         Holt