Sign in to follow this  
Ayrton Twigge

Make or Break week?

Come Saturday at 5.00 it could be a whole lot better if the next two results go for us. And a desperate position if not?

What is the ideal outcome from our point of view for the WBA v Palace match this midweek?

The ideal outcome would have to be a draw. If Palace were to win, they could extend the gap between us, and if west brom were to win, that could give them the confidence to start picking up points, which could see them leapfrog us. Thats the last thing we need.

i would be happy if west brom won against crytal palace....

that way crystal palace wont be stomping off into the distance.

just my opinion.

[quote]Come Saturday at 5.00 it could be a whole lot better if the next two results go for us. And a desperate position if not? What is the ideal outcome from our point of view for the WBA v Palace match th...[/quote]

How about this?

I''d take a 0-0 draw until 89 minutes with AJ through on goal, only to be hacked down by Earnshaw breaking his leg in the process. A mass brawl follows with fans of both teams running on the pitch and rioting. Both clubs docked 20 points with Palace ordered to play behind closed doors until our match at Selhurst. WBA forced to play in front of their fans as all they do is moan and boo the team.

Shamefully stolen from another site. Made me laugh anyway.

Anything but a Palace win, with a draw probably being the best result, ot the basis that a winning team geys confidence from it. Hope this is not the case with Everton winning in the FAC though.

A Palace win would be really bad news - 7 points behind before a difficult trip to Everton, and the Baggies even more desparate seeing a trip to Carrow Road as the last chance saloon.

A Baggies win would put us bottom before a difficult trip to Everton, and them in great spirits before coming to Carrow Road, only a point behind Palace and just starting to believe they can break the Xmas bottom club hoodoo.

Best result for us has to be a draw to keep the tension and pressure on both clubs as high and intense as possible, whilst not giving the benefit of 3 points and a morale boost to either club. Follow that up with a positive result of any sort for us at Everton and I''d say the pendulum might just have nudged our way before one hell of a game on Saturday!