Sign in to follow this  
Lewie - Holt Our Saviour

If we go up (Team)

Realistic please                Forster (Purchased)Onouha (Loan) Mancienne (Purchased)  Barnett  Gibbs(loan)                                 CroftsLansbury (Loan/Purchase)          Surman                   Jo (on loan)       Taraabt (Purchased)                   Would this team survive relegation?

Realistic please                Forster (Purchased)Onouha (Loan) Mancienne (Purchased)  Barnett  Gibbs(loan)                                 CroftsLansbury (Loan/Purchase)          Surman                       Taraabt (Purchased)             Jo (on loan)    Holt                   Would this team survive relegation?

Little mistake fixed

I don''t know if you have you realism in line...

I think Celtic want Forster, plus we have 3 young keepers, we don''t need another one....

Onouha, not sure what his situation is at Sunderland? now...

Have Wolves bought Mancienne yet? if not we could have a chance...

Gibbs on loan? He''s almost a first teamer now....

Lansbury maybe if we go up...

Same with Jo and Taraabt (as long as QPR stay down...)

Would probably be a good team, just not sure we could sign some of them....

It always makes me laugh when people do this!!

They change 9/10 players and say it''s being realistic.

If we were to have any chance of staying up, you will look to keep the backbone/core of the team the same and add to it.

[quote user="DOGGER"]

It always makes me laugh when people do this!!

They change 9/10 players and say it''s being realistic.

If we were to have any chance of staying up, you will look to keep the backbone/core of the team the same and add to it.

[/quote]

Indeed. We have a far greater chance of staying up if we keep the nucleus of the team that wins promotion. Mass changes will knock team morale and ensure relegation IMO.

I''d leave the team pretty much as it is. Whatever we do if we go up we will struggle and probably go down. I''d just use the money to pay off debt and maybe bring Carrow Road''s capacity to about 30k. That way even if we go down we''d be in a very strong position for the future. + if these guys can get us up I think they deserve a season in the Prem. (though to be honest I don''t think we have to great a chance of going up)

The absolute worst thing we could do would be to ditch too many of the current squad and start from stratch. Never underestimate the value of a winning mentality and the belief that comes with winning back to back promotions. Unless it is patently obvious that a member of the squad will not cut it a higher level then they should be given a chance to prove themselves. I''d much rather we rewarded young players such as Fox, Surman, Smith and Crofts with improved contracts and invested in their futures rather than spunking millions up the wall in wages and agents fees on signing someone like Jo.

GK - Ruddy

DR - R.Martin

DC - Ward

DC - Barnett (signed - WBA)

DL - Drury

DM - Crofts

MCR - Lansbury (signed - Arsenal)

MCL - Hammill (signed - Barnsley)

AM - Hoolahan

S - Holt

S - Kris Commons (free transfer - Derby)

Subs: Rudd, Korey Smith, Chris Martin, Surman, Jackson, Ben Turner (signed - Coventry), Leigh Griffiths (signed - Dundee)

Dale Jennings (signed - Tranmere), Gary Harkins (Dundee) and other players currently at Carrow Road.

We''d need more cover at full-back as well, so either Kyle Naughton or Kyle Walker on loan from Tottenham.

*Dale Jennings (signed - Tranmere), Gary Harkins (Dundee) and other players currently at Carrow Road in reserve...

Also, an experienced CB and winger/striker on loan wouldn''t go amiss.

[quote user="Pabs"]If this became our team I would go and kiss Anne Widdicombe''s bum.[/quote]

Been there, done that, got the skidmark.........

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="Pabs"]If this became our team I would go and kiss Anne Widdicombe''s bum.[/quote]

Been there, done that, got the skidmark.........

[/quote]

Oooh,cheers for that image.[+o(]

[quote user="Lewie - Holt Our Saviour"]Realistic please                Forster (Purchased)Onouha (Loan) Mancienne (Purchased)  Barnett  Gibbs(loan)                                 CroftsLansbury (Loan/Purchase)          Surman                   Jo (on loan)       Taraabt (Purchased)                   Would this team survive relegation?[/quote]Dude you shot yourself in the foot.

Are you pi$$ed son? If we get two like that I would be surprised, can''t be bothered to go in detail on the whys and why nots of each player you have selected, but do you not think that QPR, who are more of a shoe in than us to go up would sell Tarabaat? Na.

And lets concentrate on improving this year and getting players in January.

Firstly, you are not being realistic.

Secondly, we are 5th in November and there is a looooong way to go.

Thirdly, IF we go up we do not have sufficient funds at all and IF we do go up then we will come straight back down.

If you go up you might as well give it a good go to try and stay there, 3 or 4 players of quality rather than 7 or 8 of questionable quality is the way to go imo. Keep the nucleus of the team together and add quality in the key areas of the team, pay 5 million quid off the debt and get ground capacity up to 30k plus. If we had spent another 5 million on a central defender and striker before our last prem season we would have survived, 4.5 million was a pathetically low amount to spend on players and wages the last time we went up and we mustn''t make the same mistake again if we do make it.

[quote user="Boyo"]

Thirdly, IF we go up we do not have sufficient funds at all and IF we do go up then we will come straight back down.

[/quote]Bingo, we do not want to even think abou it for another season or 2 to be fair !

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Boyo"]

[/quote]

Bingo, we do not want to even think abou it for another season or 2 to be fair !
[/quote]

Well, we can think about it because it is a realistic possibility because we have a realistic possibility of being in the play offs come May and tbh I would love it if we went up this season but if we did, being realistic, we will probably come straight back down and just have to hope that we beome a yoyo team.  So yeah, lets think about it but, lets be realistic because we would probably come straight back down and would have to become a yoyo team to one day hopefully become an established Premier League club.

My main fear of a promotion and the obvious relegation is the exposure to the big time some of our players will get, for example Crofts, Korey Smith, Surman etc.After a year in the big time would they want to come back down to the Championship if even a few of the Prem minows showed interest ?And worst of all .... do we want said minnow teams sniffing around Lambert  ??One spot outside the playoffs or a very spirited loss in the first round of the playoffs would do me grand for this year if im really really honest !

Was there much sniffing around for Worthington after we got demoted, nexus? Not quite the same situation since we''d be doing to promotions in 2 years, but......

Whether we get promoted or not, the best players will always be susceptible (sp?) to being cherry picked by the Prem teams. That''s how we got Ashton, albeit 6 months late.

Ripping apart the team is the worst idea, as many have stated. Keep that winning mentality. Likewise, if we get demoted to L!, gut the team and ditch the losing mentality.

As for hoping we don''t get promoted, look at Blackpool. I have not seen the Prem tables in a while, but they sure have had their moment in the sun if it is still not happening, and we are much more likely than them to sustain such glory if we can get started on the right foot.