Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

EDP Letter today: "Sorry, but Ipswich were robbed"

First of all, Mr Batley should know he has no need to apologise, we''re not interested in, nor looking for apologies...

But anyway, let me guess...?

Holt should have been sent off??

Therefore we wouldn''t have scored our first goal-which shouldn''t have been allowed anyway, as (a) he handled, and (b) he unfairly dispossed their player who was masquerading as a defender?

They should have had a penalty?

Holt was offside just before Lansbury played him through for the second goal?

Their player should never have been sent off?

It was too cold for them?

They''re sore losers?

...& etc??

[quote user="Old Shuck"]First of all, Mr Batley should know he has no need to apologise, we''re not interested in, nor looking for apologies... But anyway, let me guess...? Holt should have been sent off?? Therefore we wouldn''t have scored our first goal-which shouldn''t have been allowed anyway, as (a) he handled, and (b) he unfairly dispossed their player who was masquerading as a defender? They should have had a penalty? Holt was offside just before Lansbury played him through for the second goal? Their player should never have been sent off? It was too cold for them? They''re sore losers? ...& etc??[/quote]

If its the Batley that I know, and I''m sure it is, he is the biggest plastic fan of all time, Never been to a football match in his life, he''s a fireside fan, never see him wear the same shirt twice in a week, Liverpool 1 day Arsenal the next, Oh and binners When they win, so hes not worn that 1 for some time now   

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Old Shuck"]First of all, Mr Batley should know he has no need to apologise, we''re not interested in, nor looking for apologies... But anyway, let me guess...? Holt should have been sent off?? Therefore we wouldn''t have scored our first goal-which shouldn''t have been allowed anyway, as (a) he handled, and (b) he unfairly dispossed their player who was masquerading as a defender? They should have had a penalty? Holt was offside just before Lansbury played him through for the second goal? Their player should never have been sent off? It was too cold for them? They''re sore losers? ...& etc??[/quote]

If its the Batley that I know, and I''m sure it is, he is the biggest plastic fan of all time, Never been to a football match in his life, he''s a fireside fan, never see him wear the same shirt twice in a week, Liverpool 1 day Arsenal the next, Oh and binners When they win, so hes not worn that 1 for some time now   

[/quote]

I live in Pakefield, and it is him, he sends letters to the Lowestoft Journal too, on all subjects, and locally he''s known as quite a loony, its high time that Archant wised up to him.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

I live in Pakefield, and it is him, he sends letters to the Lowestoft Journal too, on all subjects, and locally he''s known as quite a loony, its high time that Archant wised up to him.

[/quote]

Loonies in the Lowestoft area, surely not Wiz!!!! [:D]

David Batley is a season ticket holder in the City Stand and one of the famous gang of three that every year get to their feet at the AGM and make speeches as opposed to asking a question.The others being Cameron Newark and Peter Wolsey.All shareholders on here will know who i am talking about.He is a retired head teacher.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]David Batley is a season ticket holder in the City Stand and one of the famous gang of three that every year get to their feet at the AGM and make speeches as opposed to asking a question.The others being Cameron Newark and Peter Wolsey.All shareholders on here will know who i am talking about.He is a retired head teacher.[/quote]

Oh he has a double then, I didn''t think that Batley was a common name in Pakefield, and the 1 I know has the brain to be a Taylors dummey not a head teacher  

[quote user="TIL 1010"]David Batley is a season ticket holder in the City Stand and one of the famous gang of three that every year get to their feet at the AGM and make speeches as opposed to asking a question.The others being Cameron Newark and Peter Wolsey.All shareholders on here will know who i am talking about.He is a retired head teacher.[/quote]

Is he the one that Roeder missed his tenure as England manager?

Mr B is a prize plonker. Always has been, and always will be. I should imagine his stupid letter will provoke an avalanche of contradictory responses - that''s why the EDP has published it.

He is indeed a season ticket holder, and having heard him waffle on at many forums and share holder meetings I rarely agree with anything he has to say. So his letter is no exception.

Im a Norwich boy now in Pakefield! Sounds to me that he is an armchair fan that watches games on TV and has no idea about off ball movement and live game experience.

I remember many games when their Pablo C*ntago use to fall over in the penalty area all the time and if there was ever a cheat it would be him!

Sour grapes and bad loser!

[quote user="TIL 1010"]David Batley is a season ticket holder in the City Stand and one of the famous gang of three that every year get to their feet at the AGM and make speeches as opposed to asking a question.The others being Cameron Newark and Peter Wolsey.All shareholders on here will know who i am talking about.He is a retired head teacher.[/quote]A number of years back (maybe 12?) I used to get the coach from the Yarmouth area to City.  It always arrived in time for kickoff never missed it.  A certain person you mentioned wrote a letter and tried to get everybody on the coach to sign and send to the coach company.  Complaining it always arrived at the ground without giving him enough time to buy a tea and have a piss.  So he wanted all the pick up times moved to 10 minutes earlier.

Yes, beaten by a club that were supposed to be in adminstration, with goals from a striker who was going to be out with a long term injury in a game that, we were told, would not be played.

Suprised that ''David'' had anything to write about given how things were supposed to be.

I think this Mr B''s point was simply that Holt went down too easily. I certainly heard comments to that effect after the game and other posters on here have a little sympathy with that view - see Gingerpele''s thread : "Does Holt ''cheat'' to much ".

Though it looks a bit like that on the replay, when you''re about to sprint for goal - and Holt was all set to charge the Riverend - any kind of impeding can cause you to fall. The defender was stupid for even trying it on.

That said, I''d have preferred to have beaten them 3-1 or even 2-1 with 11 men still on the pitch. We were clearly the better side. As it was we got four superbly taken goals.

Yep Binky, that Holt is a thoroughly nasty man and there is no room for that sort of chap in football.

After all, as we are constantly told by the national media when their sat nav''s find Norwich, we are a side renowned for a our football, fair play and...... Delia.

Hoorah!!!

small C0ck syndrome... he is inferior in that department so has to inflate his ego another way with a letter that makes him look even more of a plonker!

[quote user="Binky"]I think this Mr B''s point was simply that Holt went down too easily. I certainly heard comments to that effect after the game and other posters on here have a little sympathy with that view - see Gingerpele''s thread : "Does Holt ''cheat'' to much ".

Though it looks a bit like that on the replay, when you''re about to sprint for goal - and Holt was all set to charge the Riverend - any kind of impeding can cause you to fall. The defender was stupid for even trying it on.

That said, I''d have preferred to have beaten them 3-1 or even 2-1 with 11 men still on the pitch. We were clearly the better side. As it was we got four superbly taken goals.[/quote]

And we have never seen the Binner Haynes dive in the box or palm the ball into the net either have we,All Holt did was payback and revenge is sweet

Silly old t wat stuck in his ways who think he knows more about football than the youngsters who he loves to educate cause their less knowledgeable and loves nothing more than a good old moan was my thought when I read his ridiculous letter!

The sending off - Yes Holt made a meal of it but Delaney knew what he was doing when he pulled him back hence no complaints from the s cumers when the red card came out. Holt was through and Delaney was the last defender although Holt still had a fair bit to do. If the ref had been very harsh to us then he could have given a yellow card at the very least cause he could of said that other defenders may of been able to cover and Holt was a fair distance from the S cum goal but Delaneys actions were so deliberate tht the ref really had no choice. 

Holts first goal - My conscious tells me if something is wrong with move even if its by a Norwich player, Crofts equaliser against Burnley a while back was handball, not that I''m complaining!

Suffice to say I never thought Holt handballed in the run up to his 1st goal and the ref also thought that!

David (Tw)atley goes on about about how Ips hit were robbed by decisions-

There were 2 injustices against us last Sunday!

1, After our 4th goal the ball was placed in the centre circle for the S cum to restart where David Norris who was already on a yellow grabbed the ball and booted it into the City stand with the ref standing right next to him. That should of been a 2nd yellow and the S cum down to 9 men but the ref bottled it and only gave him a ticking off. Many people at the game missed this incident celebrating the goal but I was incensed he wasn''t sent off!

2, Jackson was brought down from behind in the box by Edwards yet was shown a yellow card by the ref. I thought it was a definate penlty at the time, so did the BBC and replays confirmed he was definatly brought down!

To summarise things - David (Tw) atley - you think you know it all but in fact you know F all and this is said by myself who is in the older generation as well!