Sign in to follow this  
happyclappycun

Disorder after scum game

It''s a complete non-story. I was at the station after the game and in no way did "150 Norwich fans" try to attack the Ipswich fans. There was definitely abuse hurled at them and chanting of OTBC etc, and there dogs and batons present. I can only imagine this has arisen from the throwing of "missiles" (snowballs) as there was no contact between the fans. If they are in court for throwing a snowball then it is a joke. Almost a joke on the scale as the woman who phones 999 because her snowman was stolen.

The Ipswich fans were on a separate platform and the only way of getting to them was over the tracks, there were well confined and as they were moved we were ushered through the ticket barriers so there was no possibility of contact between the two sets of fans.

What I do know is that there was damage done to the away section of the Jarrold. Seats, toilets and even light fittings vandalised. An Ipswich season ticket holder told me he was ashamed of a faction of their fans last Sunday to such an extent that he would come to no more derby matches at Carrow Road.

If you read Jacob Tabbanor''s Facebook update from last Sunday he says he was nicked for "giving the scum a send off at the station", and he was the "unlucky" one to get arrested. Having seen some YouTube footage of this it seems it was no more than "friendly" cross border banter, and didn''t seem to get physical at any point.