Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

A deserved appreciation post for Mr Ruddy

You''re a good man sir, a good man, Ruddy deserves the plaudits after another solid performance. Confidence is rising which is great to see.

I think he has got potential, he does need the confidence. He does worry me with low shots, but the rest is ok. Hope he carries on playing well. I''m sure a clean sheet would give him even more confidence.

Sounds like he produced a decent performance today so well done to him.I still don''t think he is a good enough goalkeeper at this level, think he lets too many ''bread and butter'' saves pass him and that he''s not decisive enough when dealing with balls in to the box but there''s nothing I''d like more than for him to (based on reports from today''s game) continue to improve and prove me wrong.

Made a very good save towards the end of the first half, and a lot of worrying corners that were whipped into the danger area he went out and claimed comfortably. He is very aware, and getting better by the day.

Also, his celebrations for both of our goals and the look of anguish when we conceded proves how dedicated and passionate he is about Norwich City.

I have criticised Ruddy, and am really happy he has had two quality prformances - I genuinely want him to do well - I put that in my post..I was concerned how he would handle the Ipswich game, but he was fine - did what he needed to well.But today he did some of the things he was criticised for previously - took some great crosses, and took the pressure off the defence.Credit where its due, hope his confidence keeps going up!

People who have ''stuck by'' Ruddy, seem to have this opinion, that anyone who has said a bad word about him hates him, but nearly every time anyone (including me) has questioned him, it is nearly always followed by saying we want him to do well/he will improve....

He does seem more confidant now, is is improving.....(i just still don''t understand why we signed a young inexperienced keeper, when we supposedly have two decent prospects anyway, and we don''t seem to have a decent GK coach, so who is teaching them?)

ginger

maybe lambert has seen something in him that out shines rudd and steer...maybe after a couple of seasons under lambert ruddy will make as a vast profit, and we will still have rudd and steer!!

Ruddy is defiantly (or at least probably) better at the moment, but before he joined us, he hadn''t had that much experience, and is still learning a lot himself....

So either Rudd isn''t all that good, so Lambert wanted another young keeper, Ruddy was the only one available, or he think we could sell him on for a profit.....But we are then left with two inexperienced keepers again!

very true, we all knew lambert wanted forster but had a back up just as capable to come straight in!!

from what i have read in papers etc steer is the one that will come threw and is highly regarded at Colney!!

i would expect one to be shipped out on loan in January!!

Ruddy done well today, and is looking much better as he grows in confidence. May sound petty but I was watching the goal keepers warm up and Ruddy definiately looked more composed and making better warm up saves than Rudd who either wasn''t taking the warm up seriously or was just having an off day becuase I was shocked for such a highly rated young keeper, how many balls he was spilling, going under him and he was even struggling to pass the ball back to the goalkeeping coach without over hitting it.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Ruddy is defiantly (or at least probably) better at the moment, but before he joined us, he hadn''t had that much experience, and is still learning a lot himself....

So either Rudd isn''t all that good, so Lambert wanted another young keeper, Ruddy was the only one available, or he think we could sell him on for a profit.....But we are then left with two inexperienced keepers again![/quote]1) There''s a difference in age between the keepers.2) Ruddy''s much larger, Rudd will probably take advantage of the Gym to make him a bit bigger.3) Rudd has played a couple of times, not been too bad but wayward kicking.4) Ruddy''s inexperienced but has been at Everton, i don''t think the training he received would have been all that bad.5) He''s made a couple of mistakes but he''s more than made up for them with some of his saves.6) One of his key attributes has been making himself big, during almost-one-on-one situations, i don''t think Rudd has the stature to do that yet.7) Rudd has years to improve yet, Ruddy''s gaining experience and hasn''t really showed too much inexperience.To claim that buying Ruddy means Rudd isn''t that good, or he was the ''only one available'' or that we could ''sell him on for a profit'' is absurd. Maybe he''s just a good fucking goalkeeper?