Sign in to follow this  
MyGodWeArePoorToWatch

Nigel Clough

Just listened to his interview on the bbc,

Bloody hell he comes over as a tit.

Talks like he is the only team that has injuries and that the game shouldnt be played because he cant field his first choice 11.

Dick head in my opinion.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/d/derby_county/9257590.stm

He was certainly having a pop at someone at the club. Sort of bloke who would be moaning about fixture congestion in the new year had it been called off.

I couldn''t give a s hite what Clough (whos been given longer in the job than others would have done because of who his father was!) says nor am I about to start moaning about what Lmbert says cause I''m just grateful we have the man in charge of us!

I’ve just listened to Clough’s interview post match. It’s bizarre and not the sort of interview Lambert would have given. It was a real non-motivation for Paul Green who missed a couple of chances that were well saved by Ruddy. And for the Derby centre halves as well.

In summary Clough, criticises centre halves, complains his best players were not available. Chances fell to other players who are not as “gifted” in front of goal. And then he said he would have like the opportunity to play the game in February or March, but we’ve not been given that, and we’ve just lost the game without two or three of our best players.

The complaining that the game was on was the best bit. I would wager a few quid that the ground-staff and the local authorities have done all they can to get the game on, and Clough comes out with that,

[quote user="DOGGER"]The way he slagged off their central defenders, Lambert would never do that![/quote]

His dad was the same, He would slagg off a player,then send the players wife a bunch of flowers,

On that basis Pete, Clough jnr should be sending flowers to the other half of everyone at Derby who ensured the game was played! The pitch looked good, the area around Pride Park had been gritted and was a credit to those that had put the effort in. Shame Clough didn''t appear to appreciate the people in the background at Derby who did all that work.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]at least he varies what he says, lambert just says the lads were triffic![/quote]It''s all about man-management and PR Nana. OK maybe Lambert''s post-match interviews are very similar, Reading the exception, but at least he lambasts the players in private. For interviews, he is positive and assertive about City. Are players going to play with more passion for someone who slates them publically or someone who supports them publically but tells them where they''ve gone wrong in private?Yes, mistakes need to be highlighted but there''s a time and a place for that.

Lambert''s post match comments should be be understood in the context of his previous remarks about interviews on match days.

The manager is accountable to the board of directors. His job is to manage, get the palyers ready and manage things throughout the game not pander to the terminally stupid by giving pointless interviews (my thoughts).

This another downside to TV running football. Not only has it atttracted the happy clappies who are clueless about the game but it is meant that they have to be entertained at every moment.

So we have ridiculous pre match and post match interviews. Meaningless jargon and ''stats'' that give the dimwitted a sense of understanding the game by having some kind of comparison measurement.

Maybe why not cut out the interviews and use that time to show more of the game. As far as FLS is concerned do likewise with Lizzie and her inane texts and emails. The danger is that the tail is more and more wagging the dog. Kick off times and days have been changed, managers have to be available to be interviewed at all times on match days and fans have to sit queitly so as not to disturb the family atmosphe at the ground.

A family atmosphere that is subsidised by having the rest of the ground paying for the clueless to sit and enjoy the ''experience ''at minimal cost. Maybe it''s time to push the pendulam back a bit more in football''s direction.

I think Lambert has got it spot on. I like the fact that he does his talking to the players in private, one of the many things I detested about Roeder was the (usually excuses) comments that could be found on the local sport teletext page, interstingly the football genius that is Roy Keane is often quoted (usually excuses) on those very same telectext pages.....

Totally agree with City 1st. The TV companies call the shots and manipulate the situations. Especially Sky TV but the Beeb aren''t blameless. They insist that managers be available immediately after the game for comment. They then ask them about controversial incidents ie Holts sending off at Reading. They then ask loaded questions in order to get a reaction. And when they are successful the manager finds himself in trouble with the FA.

As for Clough - I have a fair bit of time for him and he''s doing ok at Derby. There''s not much between them and us so the result was always going to be close. I didn''t really listen to all his comments after the game but I''m pretty sure he twice said Norwich are a good side. That''s commendable for a manager who probably feels his side deserved a point.