Sign in to follow this  
Canary Wanderer

Why I think we are going to be promoted

Mr Lambert seems to have put in a tremendous team spirit, and there are no outstanding players in the side just a collection of really hungry Footballers who all want to reach the promised land.Every time we have an injury he seems to pluck out an alternative. Matty Gill came back and was appreciated, I really believe Tudor Jones will also get in at some stage and he is a big lad to have in Midfield. Holt will be missed next week but Martin & Jackson with Oli behind will work for the next home game; and then Holty will be back again.Hopefully Barnett & Lansbury will be signed January and maybe one more forward like Holty.Only 3 Points behind Cardiff now OTBC.

I hope you mean Lansbury on loan.....

I don''t see any possible situation where we could afford him/Arsenal wanting to sell him....

I agree with much of what you say but keep your feet on the ground.

I don''t think we''ve had a comfortable game yet this season, barring maybe Ipswich and Bristol City.

We''re coming out on the correct side of tight games more often than not through the spirit Lambert has built but it''s a long hard season and at times we won''t get what we deserve and we will hit a bad patch.

"....at times we won''t get what we deserve and we will hit a bad patch."

Traditionally about Christmas time............though Lambert does seem to have us made of stronger stuff these days.

There is a realistic chance we might get promoted because there is a very realistic chance that we might get in the play offs but I think we all need to keep our feet on the ground.

I would love to sign Barnett in January but I reckon we will extend the loan till the end of the season and then we will sign him for free in the summer.  As for Lansbury, theres a possibility that we could extend the loan untill the end of the season but I highly doubt we will sign him on a permanent deal.

I just hope that if we hit a bad patch and are mid tableish that people don''t start getting on the teams back demanding that we are in the play offs.

Its possible - and the correlation with Worthys champions are remarkable. Like then we do need an injection of quality to sustain it, and some luck with injuries and suspensions etc. But a growing belief in the squad and the ability to fill in for each other (lappin for example, well out of position but defended across the line well yest and put in two fabulous crosses for lansbury and martin) means we have the right mentality.

Just hope the fans expectations dont get beyond the squads capabilities