Sign in to follow this  
Morisons Prozac

Player Ratings

Ruddy - 8. MOM. Pulled off cracking saves to hold on for the win and is filling with more and more confidence with each game.

R Martin - 7. Did well getting forward but Commons gave him a hard time today at the back although he held strong.

Barnett - 8. Solid throughout and kept Moore very quiet, commentator was singing his praises.

Ward - 6. Shakey first half but improved in the second.

Lappin - 6.5. Started off brightly and good assist for second goal. Solid if unspectacular.

Lansbury - 8. Need to secure him for longe, he is real quality. Unlucky not to score twice (one disallowed).

Crofts - 8. Typical Crofts performance but still has the ticking time-bomb of a fifth booking looming over him.

Fox -8. Continued his fine form into this game and played a massive part in bossing the midfield play.

Hoolahan - 6. Lightweight today and gave possession away cheaply. Made some good passes and linked well with Lappin.

Holt - 6. Gets a six for a needless booking due to not giving Derby full-back the ball for a throw in. Bullied Derby defence and did what a target man should do, holding the ball and making chances for others.

C Martin - 7.5. Some lovely touchesand a good head for the goal.

K Smith - 7. Tough-tackling and made himself an attacking threat.

Jackson - 6. Only on for 10 minutes but got about well and made himself a worry for Derby. Will need to step up to the plate Saturday.

Tudur-Jones - N/A. Nice to see the Welsh Tank make an appearance, must have impressed at the training ground.

Totally agree that Ruddy and Barnett were brilliant in particular.Think a 6 for Holty is a bit harsh, although i agree the booking was needless. But i think the amount of running and work he does for his team-mates more than makes up for the odd booking. The ref was a bit quick to book players today so as long as we keep winning, i don''t mind.

sounds almost fair, Holt was dead on his feet at the end. Hoolahan had his moment but gave the ball away too much. Some of the passing at the start was great, we more than matched Derby.

Agree with ratings, Ward is very shakey always goes in sidewards when going for the ball, should have done better with their goal. Great result!

I agree with comments about Ward - thought he was putjumped and outmuscled in the challenge that released the ball for their goal.

Last week the same thing happened to Barnett for Ipswich''s goal.

But I suppose if we play with an attacking shape the defenders are always going to be under undue pressure.

Thought we played as well in the first 20 minutes as I have seen for a long time

Don''t think you can argue with those ratings, as people have pointed out the two defenders are totally different.

Barnett is your no nonsense, wins the header 99% and clears the danger and was immense today..Ward is your cool, calm, play it out to feet defender but today was shaky and more then one occasion was shown the wrong side but the two compliment each other well.

Holt''s yellow was so needless it makes me think he did it on purpose, he knew he would get a yellow eventually, the time was literally almost up, so did he deliberately take the ban for a home game?

Ruddy had a good game, taking more corners this time and even made an ''out of this world'' save (courtesy of the post)

How is Hoolahan better coming of the bench? He''s probably just trying harder because he wasn''t starting....He is certainly not an impact player like Macnamee...He''s the kind of player i would want playing all the time!