Sign in to follow this  
Captain Holt

Confused.com

Why was Radio Norfolk making out that we were stunning and could''ve scored 10 yet the FLS shows 3 chances and makes out we were getting pumelled?

I detest that Football League Show with an abslute passion, probably the worst highlights show in history.

We were really good mate and those highlights didn''t do us justice at all, it didn''t show Lansbury''s disallowed goal and not much at all of the dominant spell in the first half.''from the highlights it looked like we were backs to the wall the whole of the second half, that wasn''t the case, we had a few good opportunities to get a third and for once I was confident we wouldn''t concede late on. A very good, convincing away performance against a good side.

Worst highlights show ever, the only reason we got to see all of the Derby chances was because of the cancellations elsewhere so they needed to fill time, normally it would have been the two goals, five or six Derby chances and then ten seconds ''insight'' from Leroy or Steve before cutting away to her the brilliant thoughts of some ''fans'' on e-mail. ''Steve from Woking thinks they are good this year, but Dave from Barnsley thinks they need to improve''....What is the point? Who gives a crap what Steve or Dave think, show some sodding football!

You know what I detest? People continuously criticise it. Well I for one appreciate the coverage we get. If they did statistics of all the 72 teams on it, I seriously think we''d be in top 5 for minutes shown. So what is the problem? Yeah, they probably should have shown the disallowed goal, but other than that, didn''t think it was too bad. Derby only had a few chances really imo, and in the second half we defended superbly to restrict them to very few chances. Also it seemed very odd, how our passing was genuis as the same time as very sloppy. We had a few spells of some awesome passing, yet also gave it away far too easily at times. Still, 3 points there is absolutely fantastic. [:D]

I see what you''re saying but I don''t think it is ''good'' just because our coverage is slightly less crap than that of other sides / programs. It is a show full of padding when they could quite comfortably fill the program with nothing but football highlights. Yesterday was end to end football with plenty of chances yet the highlights we saw was, Norwich nick two goals on the counter and then defended the wasteful Derby barrage. I would rather not listen to Steve or Leroy and especially not some e-mail from a Muppet, I would rather have fuller highlights.Anyway, next season we will have Hansen and Dixon''s comments to look forward to.

It was great we were on first before Cardiff. It was a good game and we were actually pretty damn good. It was the first game I went to in nearly 5 years and well worth it.. I had stopped watching games or even listening to them because I did not manage to see Norwich play live and win since I was 8 years old against QPR in Prem! This includes watching them on tv and listening to radio. After so long, I assumed it was me and stopped altogether. I watched us draw against Reading this season on tv (never been so frustrated about a game) and then chanced the big one against the binners and FINALLY things changed:) haha. So I went for the Derby game and it was WELL worth the 70-80quid spent!

As for the actual performance itself, I thought we were solid. We could have maybe had 3 or 4 goals in the first 15-20mins because we started like a house on fire. Obviously things settled down and they had their chances, but apart from the 2 clear chances I never felt worried. Even in the last few mins of the game we were pushing for another. Was a little disappointed that Chrissy didn''t put away his 2nd real chance and also got put through by Henri Lansbury, but didn''t seem to predict the pass and mis-controlled. This was trivial in the end though, and I thought we had good possession and they didn''t create anything for long periods of the game. Their fans were almost silent as well - only time they cheered was when they were right in the box or taking a corner, which was a bit rubbish I thought, but I guess it was good for us.

My one biggest concern was Lappin filling in at left-back - in the 2nd half he made some good interceptions, but on the whole I was worried whenever he got it. One thing I''ve noticed is that he is incredibly static when he gets the ball. You could almost predict him passing back to Elliot every time he got the ball. He just stopped, turned and passed to Elliot or sideways. I''ve never seen anyone stop so suddenly and run out of ideas lol. A couple of times Elliot passed some dodgy balls back to Ruddy after getting the ball off Simon and one of them was a shocker. If someone exploits this, they could put pressure on Elliot and Ruddy and could cause some problems. I do like the King of Spain, I just pray that Drury/Smith come back sooner rather than later to feel more safe at the back.

Gotta give Grant some love too - at one point they were double and even triple marking him on long passes! Priceless

I must say I agree with the above comments too because I was surprised to see they omitted the disallowed goal and most of the stuff we did in 2nd half (and even end of 1st half) We definitely had a few more chances than that, but hey, as long as we win I don''t care! People can see we''re a good team because of our position. People seem to always make out we were lucky or underdogs, but it suits us I think because the boys seem confident in their own ability as does Paul and the rest of staff so it''s all good. Just got to keep going, keep going, keep going!

Oh well, at least next season we will get proper highlights and some proper analysis on our game from Lineker and co[:P]

What was that e mail/text girl''s hair style?  On first I don''t need to watch the rest of the crap.

seemed reasonable fair having seen the streamed version. Both sides played attacking football, and both had enough chances to claim the win. Had Derby taken theirs it would have been tough but when we give them so many opportunities we could not have complained.

Still think Ward played the ball for their penalty shout and Martin was def pushed over too but as we got three points who cares?

However we did create and not take good chances too. V happy with three points and thought FLS coverage was ok too

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]Martin was def pushed over too..[/quote]

We were sat right behind that incident and I don''t reckon it was penalty. Chrissy had run the length of the pitch and when he turned he just left himself off balance and it certainly appeared soft contact with him already sort of giving up in one of those, ''ah f*** it, I''m shattered* moments.. He kind of played himself too far wide. Still, he had a good all-round performance and got a standing ovation with a chant of Super Chris to boot!

I agree with the Ward challenge too - he kicked the ball away - how else would it fly away from Commons at that speed unless he booted it himself and he didn''t look like he hit the ball at all.. Looked like Elliot got in front