Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

Henri Lansbury

Aren''t there some sort of limitations on 28 day emergency loans?  They can''t be extended, can they? Or is it because his loan will end a few days before Jan, we can loan him again in Jan?

Dont know about the ins and outs of keeping him but i would say that our squad is pretty strong from front to back  and is good enough for the playoffs. Getting a prem type player like him in is the extra push that can make the difference between play offs and 2nd place or a win in the playoffs.  McNally has said PL can get some help in if he needs it so on the basis of this , and PL''s clever buying up to now, i feel very confident of a good player coming in to give us that extra nudge  not unlike a certain Mr Hucks did a couple of years ago.

Agree he''s a talented young man and one we''ll hear about in the future.

Some of his passes were exceptional  and the way he thinks ahead of the play shows hes premier class,( if you know what I mean)

Talking of Lansbury, who can enlighten me of his song? Something like "and that''s the way we like it.."

No idea, but hear it sung.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Thats the St Pauli song that some are trying to get to catch on brendo.[/quote]

The St Pauli song is awesome, when St Pauli do it. It just seems very tired when we do it, and indeed when any other team does it -  especially as the majority don''t know the words so it just becomes a dirge.

[quote user="mickey phelans tash"]I thought the comparison between Lansbury and Dickson Etuhu on Canary Call was hilarious.[/quote]

I know that made me laugh too!  How anyone can compare Lansbury to that big oaf is beyond me!

Lansbury is pure quality and if we can get him untill the end of the season that will be absolutely fantastic.  Can''t see it happening though.

I guess that 28 days means his last game will be against Sheffield Utd at home and he will be unavailable for QPR on New Years Day. Perhaps Wenger wants him back to use him in the FA Cup early rounds?

I think some of our young players will benefit from playing with Henri who sees things so early and makes those clever diagonal runs.

In any event, the way he is going he will be suspended before the QPR game if not before.

This is a real masterstroke by PL which is boosting our campaign in a busy month and as for Henri himself: great attitude - he has settled in immediately and looks like he has been playing for us for months - credit to him.

Rudolph, he was only allowed a 28 day loan....I think we probably already have a deal in place to extend his loan as soon as the transfer window opens...