Sign in to follow this  
Adam NCFC

2018 World Cup

Does any care about International football & FIFA? Let''s get the home internationals back (games that mean something) and pull out of European & International football all together. Man Ure, Arse, Chelski etc can join a European League if they want, we''ll concentrate on a League & two cup competitions. We can then make our own rules (we bloody gave the game to the world afterall) and ignore arseholes like Blatter.

:o)

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

It just follows FIFAs trend of opening new footballing countries. In some ways it''s kind of comendable.

Russia''s bid was very good and they were favourites from the beginning, England''s bid had a very slow beginning and only picked up speed towards the end.

[/quote]I agree with that.  It''s been rather obvious that they''ve wanted to go to ''virgin'' countries to host the WC.  But what puzzles me is what''s the point of going through the charade of bidding?  If behind the scenes they''ve already decided the agenda.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Isn''t the world ending in 2012 anyway? Or was that all a load of crap :P I didn''t look into anything in too much detail, but how close are the stadiums in Russia? Surely 9/10s of Russia won''t be used, as it would be too far to travel for games every 3/4 days....[/quote]

All of Russia''s stadiums will be a hour from Moscow, and match ticket holders will be given free travel. They are planning on building all new stadiums and some airports. The legacy side won the bid for Russia.

They will have to build air-conditioned stadiums in Qatar.  How many will fly over to watch ?  Qatar could well be filmed for the audience in front of half-empty stadiums that will have no purpose after the tournament.  These decisions have been made without the consideration of travelling fans, the majority of whom are based in Western Europe.Russia will use 2018 to re-build their infra-structure I guess.  At least you would hope they will, I can''t imagine many international managers being happy at the prospect of their teams catching one of the internal flights there right now...The closest World Cup to England for 28 years will be held in a country which is a security nightmare.  Thanks Sepp - Thanks awfully.

I fear the kind of rollicking the BBC is likely to be in for once the dust settles.Can''t imagine Birmingham are too many people''s favourite ''second club'' at the moment either.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Isn''t the world ending in 2012 anyway? Or was that all a load of crap :P I didn''t look into anything in too much detail, but how close are the stadiums in Russia? Surely 9/10s of Russia won''t be used, as it would be too far to travel for games every 3/4 days....[/quote]

All of Russia''s stadiums will be a hour from Moscow, and match ticket holders will be given free travel. They are planning on building all new stadiums and some airports. The legacy side won the bid for Russia.

[/quote]

Indeed, and who wants to fly in some dodgy decades old Tupolev  [:D]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I just looked on a map, and Qatar looks smaller than Norfolk :P how are they going to hold a WC....[/quote]First WC played out via a PS3[;)]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I just looked on a map, and Qatar looks smaller than Norfolk :P how are they going to hold a WC....[/quote]The heat will be a massive factor...its fecking roasting in june 41+   players wont handle that

Disgusting result![:@]It''s seems that our greatest strengths ended up being our greatest weakness, i.e being a developed football country with a strong passion for the sport. Fifa are only interested in Nations where football is yet to take off. 2010 South Africa, 2018 Russia, 2022 Qatar. Doesn''t seem right that England who have done so much for football should be snubbed by those pillocks at Fifa, which consequently means that several generations of people in this country will now never get the chance to witness a World Cup on home soil.Good luck to the African teams traveling to Russia in 2018, they will need it, 2022 Qatar also makes a mockery out of Football.

What adds insult to injury is that with obviously the best bid we were eliminated in the first round !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 [:@]

[quote user="Wembley_Canary"]Disgusting result![:@]

It''s seems that our greatest strengths ended up being our greatest weakness, i.e being a developed football country with a strong passion for the sport. Fifa are only interested in Nations where football is yet to take off. 2010 South Africa, 2018 Russia, 2022 Qatar. Doesn''t seem right that England who have done so much for football should be snubbed by those pillocks at Fifa, which consequently means that several generations of people in this country will now never get the chance to witness a World Cup on home soil.

Good luck to the African teams traveling to Russia in 2018, they will need it, 2022 Qatar also makes a mockery out of Football.

[/quote]

So how come France and Germany have had it recently ?   Sorry, but it''s all about brown paper envelopes !!!!!

[quote user="paul moy"]What adds insult to injury is that with obviously the best bid we were eliminated in the first round !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 [:@][/quote]obviously £££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ talks[:@]

Any surprise from Fifa and blatter? for once I hope our media absolutey rips them apart and panorama does a proper job now and exposes the lot of them!

...on a side note, pleased for andriy arshavin, what a lad!

[quote user="Bovril"]Any surprise from Fifa and blatter? for once I hope our media absolutey rips them apart and panorama does a proper job now and exposes the lot of them!

...on a side note, pleased for andriy arshavin, what a lad![/quote]He''s been watching Xfactor, start blubbering and get the sympathy vote.

I''m not basing it on his speech alone today, the lad is genuinly hilarious...check out his own website full of one-liners, bbc used to follow it on their ''rumours'' page

for the record...x factor stands up there with sepp blater in my books

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Wembley_Canary"]Disgusting result![:@]It''s seems that our greatest strengths ended up being our greatest weakness, i.e being a developed football country with a strong passion for the sport. Fifa are only interested in Nations where football is yet to take off. 2010 South Africa, 2018 Russia, 2022 Qatar. Doesn''t seem right that England who have done so much for football should be snubbed by those pillocks at Fifa, which consequently means that several generations of people in this country will now never get the chance to witness a World Cup on home soil.Good luck to the African teams traveling to Russia in 2018, they will need it, 2022 Qatar also makes a mockery out of Football.

[/quote]

So how come France and Germany have had it recently ?   Sorry, but it''s all about brown paper envelopes !!!!!

[/quote]From 2010 onwards it''s football virgins all the way, the only reason

Brazil got 2014 is because their is no competition up against them in

South America at this time. I wouldn''t hold our breathe on us getting

it in 2030 either so I guess many of us on here will never see the day

England hosts a World Cup, which is criminal after all England has done

for the game, maybe we should just give Fifa two fingers instead of playing the role of their lap dog. Atleast untill Sepp Blatter and Co can be held accountable for the **** job they are doing, isn''t it about time they had someone to answer to? 

Spot on Bovril. It will look like sour grapes but the BBC would never have done their piece unless they were sure of their facts. FIFA are surrounded by sleaze and is full of people who are in it for the money and status. The organisation needs to be revamped.

Additionally there is clearly a strong political impact to help the under developed nations and there is already too much money slushing around in English Football, not that it is being put to much use to help our national team.

[quote user="Heresyourfathersgun"]Our problem is we give the impression that we have a right to host it and F I F A resent up for it. Its not ours and remember we thought we were too good to bother entering in thie early years[/quote]That wasn''t the case in this bid, for sure we were guilty of doing that in the 2006 campaign with the slogan "Football''s coming home" and consequently lost to Germany for those reasons. However the bid team this time round deliberately kept away from that aspect and from what I can tell played it very well, problem was they were fighting a losing battle from the start. Sepp Blatter and Co had no desire to give England a World Cup.

having it in qatar is a f-ing joke, it really is. No alcohol, no football history, too hot, too small, not sure if it has any culture, I thought it was just a desert, probably made rich by oil. You''ll probably have to pray at half time and all female fans will have to cover their bodies. Sounds great. I guess there''ll be no gambling on the game either.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Gingerpele"]I just looked on a map, and Qatar looks smaller than Norfolk :P how are they going to hold a WC....[/quote]The heat will be a massive factor...its fecking roasting in june 41+   players wont handle that[/quote]Not too hot, then!

MonthJanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDecYear
Average high °F (°C)72

(22)

(23)

(27)

(32)

(38)

(41)

(46)

(44)

(41)

(35)

(29)

(24)

(33.5)

Am I the only person not to care about us not getting the World Cup?

The only thing that bothers me about the whole thing is that it is one more thing to have to listen to other drone on about to add to a growing list f things that simply don''t matter.

Royal weddings

Olympics

Snow

X-Factor

If we are going to talk about corruption and point the finger at Russia we need to get our own house in order first. Stones and glass houses etc.

Cant belive Abramovich and his dirty Russian mafia money won the World Cup bid !Think this result has proven how bent the officials are.Boycott the cup !