Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Premiership next season?

What do people want us to do, there is lots of talk of promotion, and quite rightly most of us are very optimistic, but there are still a few people who come and say we don''t want to get promotion, it won''t be any good for us....

Are these people right? Were already ahead of McNally''s 7 year plan, so do we need to get promoted this season? Would we have the money to get in that extra bit of quality (I personally think, we would do ok, as long as we keep Lambert), there was a thread in the last few days about a ''realistic'' team for next season if we go up, that involved changing 8/9 of our players, is that whats needed? Or can someone else do a Blackpool?

I''m personally a bit nervous, because the premiership seems to be moving more towards the Championship, in terms of its randomness almost, Liverpool have completely fallen of the wagon, Chelsea are in a bad patch, after a very good start. teams like Spurs, Man. City who could have been more of a threat at the top have little stutters, in a way that could help us, but i just think some of the generally poorer teams (like WBA) manage to do quite well, and then Villa and Everton who aren''t doing very well will always be a danger......

So the question really is, is it worth going up just to come back down? Or would it be better building a better team up for maybe even just one more season, and then having ago? (Or do you think we could get up and stay up?)

(And obviously this is all based on our current form, we could still have a slump and fall right out of the mix, hopefully not though :D)

IF we maintain our present form we''ll be in or not far from the top 6, although keeping feet firmly on the floor, theres a long way to go yet!

When we get in the Premiershp is when we''ll worry about it not a moment before!

This bull some come out with about not wanting to go up to soon is ludicrous. Getting in the Premeirship is the only way we''ll get rid of debt and expand the club. You have to take the chance when it comes. Blackpool are a small club in the Championship (probably about half the size of Nowich?) let alone the Premiership but with their atitude they have a realistic chance of staying up this season. Do you hear them crowing on about going up too soon? - NO!

With the ambitious Mcnally and Lambert realising the clubs potential, I doubt whether they''d consider going up this season as being "too soon!"

IF we do go up this season it would of been because we were good enough to go up, so we have to take it if it happens and hopefully with Lambert excellent managerial abilities we''d have a proper go in the Premiership this time!  

Do I want to be the last team on the telly each week, overlooked and criticised? Facing mid table at best and more likely a relegation battle? Having away prawn sandwich fans arrogantly expecting three points from a perceived easy trip? (that was last seasons highlight - it was a return to a real footballing experience for me) Competing in a league which has at least 4 separate leagues does not really fill me with much excitement. Not sure I do.

Do I want to see the top players at carrow road again? Of course I do - after beating Manure losing 4-1 to Arsenal was my fave game of the season - truly outstanding football.

Football should be fun - and relegation battles are not.

The thrill of trying to get back into the prem is far better than being there!

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]The thrill of trying to get back into the prem is far better than being there![/quote]Completely agree![Y]

You can list the clubs that being in the Prem has screwed up and we all the now the reasons why. You lose you good players, they all want big money  blah blah.......

I didn''t really want to but having PL and McNasty in charge has made me think slightly differently.

If your going to be in that league then having those 2 in charge isn''t a bad start...... is it ?

If you really want an answer then i''d say sort the money out properly so it''s not all going to 20 clubs and wage cap the players.

there really is some thick people on here, i honestly cant believe any1 can say they dont want norwich to get promoted, are you thick? seriously you must be, if we are good enough to get there then of course it will be a struggle in the first year, but then you build upon, you only have to look at teams like bolton, fulham, birmingham, sunderland, all teams that have been in the championship in reason years and are now good premiership sides, certinaly, honestly you people are stupid it is so annoying, football is a great game and the unexpected happens, fulham getting to the uefa cup final proves that, i really dont understand some of you, if you dont want us to be a success then please fcuk off and support ipshit, no chance of promotion there. rant over

simo, you may be the thick one, has anyone actually said they don''t want to get promoted, the disadvantages have been pointed out, and if you don''t see them then fair enough

Premiership :Pros :Money  : We will obviously get a lot of cash going up, be able to clear the debts and afford a few new facesExposure : We will be able to attract some bigger namesCalibre of football : Who doesnt want to see Rooney, Fabregas and Anelka playing at Carrow Road ?!Cons:Relegation Battle : We will have a hard and dull season, "Good week this week, we only got spanked 3-0 by Arsenal ! OTBC" Relegation : Somewhat inevitable if we go up this seasonExposure : Kiss goodbye to Crofts and any other top end players we have as they will probably want to leave and play in the top flight.Lambert : Well on 2 fronts a) My job here is done : Having taken us on 2 succesive Promotions he will have stamped his mark on football and proven hes top rate, he will never win the Prem or a cup with Norwich but he might well with someone like Aston Villa........b) When Prem clubs see him do his thing they might well take a punt on him if they need him. Kinda like how we did when we saw him manage Colwho.The Rot : If we go down AND lose Lambert, we could well sink into a bit of limbo for a few years , kinda how we did the last time under Worthy !

In my mind, Promotion is NOT an option. The money is the major pull however I do not think we would be as happy as a fan base if we went straight up. I think in the long term interest of the club it would be good to miss out, get a few more players and make a huge push next season. Then try to establish as a YoYo club at worst.Again our future I belive rests with Mr Paul Lambert and ultimately he can bring us glory or doom !

[quote user="mickey phelans tash"]

By not liking the whole "Premiership Circus" it does not mean that you don''t want your club to do well.

[/quote]If you define doing well as only getting beaten 3-0 this week by the "Premiership Circus" then , yes, I dont want my team to do well !

If it comes about then that would be lovely. Take the cash, the parachutte payments and say goodbye after 12 months.

I just don''t want the club to over-commit financially in order to achieve it.

It would also be inevitable that when we start to get tonked every week the fickle fans will start calling for Lambert to go, ignoring the fact that it was him that got us there in the first place. Ring any bells?

How naive are some people?Those saying they don''t want the Premiership - then what is our ambition? We''ve constantly as a fan base criticised Doomcaster, Delia etc for not having the required ambition to get us back into the Premier League, and now our own fanbase doesn''t want it?! Well a minority don''t, but still, it''s peculiar.The financial gains simply can''t be turned down. And how would you expect players to perform if everyone thought the same some do on here? If nobody wanted the premiership in the stands, how on earth would players have the motivation to win games?I understand we would lose more games than we win, but so what? Have you seen teams that get promoted and avoid relegation? They celebrate like they''ve won the league because its a massive achievement.The assumption here seems to be that we would never push past this relegation battle. Simply not true! The evidence is there that teams can do it...

On the relegation battle/losing games front....

Despite the fact we went straight back down last season, i thought it was still a really enjoyable season, with a few very good games...

And if your of the opinion we have no chance (which wouldn''t be true, its defiantly not a definite thing), then just enjoy the football....

If we go up and accept that we are coming straight back down before we start I''d rather stay where we are, on the other hand if we go up and give Lambert a decent budget I''m pretty sure he would have enough about him to get the right players in and keep us up then I''d love to go up this year. With Mcnally in charge I''m pretty sure that a far larger proportion of the money we did get would be spent in the right areas this time.

It''s incredible to think how far we''ve come this last year and a half with people already discussing whether we want to be promoted to the Premiership!Personally I think we should be grateful if we get promoted, it offers a significant financial boost and I can''t think of a greater reason than that. There is also no reason to believe that we can''t have a decent go of it.These points are all rather moot though, as while we have made a good start, we are a still hell of a long way from being anywhere near thinking about promotion.

I''d rather be a wealthy ''yoyo'' club than one that never gets into the Prem and constantly has to watch the meagre budget and worry about flirting with relegation to Div1. I don''t get to many games and the Prem has an added advantage to exiled fans in that far more of the matches are broadcast. Bring it on !!! [<:o)]

Financially it will "Sort us out"We also get to be able to say we are amongst the best teams in the England (Take that my Arsenal friend who always points out where we are and where Arsenal are)More coverage on SkyThe chance to compete with some of the best players/teams in the world (and beat :D)This would also help us if we were to get relegated as we can do a West Brom, be a yoyo club and slowly build up a strong enough team to last in the premiership.

Norwich are a big club and the Premiership is where we should be playing our football. And who''s to say we''d come straight back down. I bet not many of you predicted that we''d be sitting here at the start of December in 4th having thumped the scum and showing heart and fight in every game, home AND awa, getting results in the process.

I''m sorry but I cannot see how any fan would not want us to get promoted and give it a really good go next season. And if anyone is going to succeed in the Pemiership with Norwich, it''s Mr. Lambert.

I,ve been a Norwich fan for 25yrs and strongly believe the club needs promotion to the premiership asap and if we get it this year fantastic as with Lambert and Mcnally we would not make the same mistakes as last time, most fans knew last time including Worthy that it was silly not starting the season with no target man etc that mistake I believe won''t happen again and we should be able to keep out of the bottom three with a half decent side lets say by spending 8-10 million on players, lets say for example we can get to keep Lansbury now until the end of the season and then if we get promoted buy him for say 1.5million buy a decent target man for say 3-4mil and a decent full back and left back we may just then have enough to stay up. and still have plenty to pay a massive chuck of our debts.Last time we spent hardly anything and played donkey up front that was the reason we didn''t stay up.I,m hoping 100% we go up this year ,this year I believe is an excellent opportunity to acheive that even top 2 is up for grabs.

If it comes we would take as would any fan in the Championship, Leagues One & Two. It should be what every club is striving for! TBH its were Norwich should be, we were a whisker away from staying there the last time we went up & lets face it as much as I loved Worthy at the time....He got it wrong...I can''t see PL making the same mistake.

It would enable us to clear our debt & invest in new players, we would also be able to add another tier to either The GW or Jarrold stand which we would easily fill.

So maybe we would come back down again but the parachute paymets that are on offer now would surley help us to go straight back...the only danger being we lose PL & the better players....but as above I don''t think either PL or McNasty would let that happen I think once we are there we will be there for a good while!

I like most fans would be happy to see us challenge for a play-off spot this season & maybe miss out & push on next season for automatic...the only danger with this is....we don''t know what next season will bring & we may well fall by the way side...how many teams have we seen do it before?

We are riding high on the back of last seasons promotion & our current form suggests we could achieve promotion this season too....so if its possible lets get it & grab it with both hands while we can....you never know what may happen in the future!!!