Sign in to follow this  
mickey phelans tash

Top Spot.

With more than half the season to go I dont see why not?   We closed the gap on leeds last year so absolutely anything is possible.

My neighbour''s a QPR season-ticket holder. I told him two weeks ago after they beat Preston that we will still catch them. The season is panning out just as it did last season and we could well have a strong finish. [:D]

As much as I would love this to happen, QPR look extremely strong so far, so don''t think it likely.

Last season we could beat half the teams without having to hit top gear, this season we have to play well to win, or even draw is some instances.  I''d be very happy with top half, ecstatic with the play-offs. Lets not run before we can walk.

i think its possibly... i mean a run threw xmas still unbeaten will be massive, pick a few up in january for the final push!! im a little excited by what lambert has installed into our squad!! we can beat anyone.

QPR will lose eventually and when they do the bubble will burst i think.Theres a lot of good teams in this league and it really is anyonmes.. i''d still be happy with a top half finish this season. anything else is a huge bonus

Hugely interesting season in the Championship-again!

Cardiff started well and looked like they were going to walk it, albeit early on, then, when Bellars joined them, well....anyway, they''ve now lost as many games as we have and have only scored two more goals. A blip? Or a sign that they are not going to be quite as consistant as their early form suggested?

QPR have had a great spell-unbeaten, quality squad and Manager. But they''ll lose a game, sooner or later. When they do, the mark of that side will be do they recover, or will they slip a bit, just as Leeds did once they lost their first game last season?

Swansea look very decent indeed, I wouldn''t mind seeing the odds on them finishing the season ahead of Cardiff, as I think they probably will.

Leeds are up there again, Beccio is playing well and scoring consistantly, and, I think, come January, Sven will get some players in that will see Leicester put a good run together. I rather think that Sheffield United might start to get a run going as well, Gary Speed seems to have got Kevin Blackwell out of their systems now and they will come good-expect several goals from Ched Evans, as they are now playing to his strengths.

Norwich? Well, we will have a blip ourselves, will we? Traditionally, we''ve had a few at Christmas and the New Year. Losing Barnett and Lansbury in the New Year will take both defensive strenght and midfield creativity out of the team, for the latter, we''ll need to rely on a fit and in-form Surman, especially if, as rumoured, Wes might, might be on his way-p/ex for Barnett?

A top 10 finish will satisfy me immensly, but I am not one of those that would rather we didn''t get promotion. You look at clubs in the Prem now-Stoke, Bolton, West Brom-all look comfortable in that league, and all above teams like Everton and Villa. We shouldn''t look at the Stokes et al and think they are bigger clubs, they are clubs like us, clubs that can and should be able to punch above their weight in that league, as Blackpool (who I still think will go down-but look at what they''ll have to play with in the Summer!) will, no doubt, also be looking to do in the next 3-4 years.

Top 2? Maybe. But thinking Swansea/Cardiff/QPR and, possibly, Leeds fighting that one out, especially if the latter spend in Jan-and they are currently being strongly linked with Charlie Austin.

Top 6? Absolutely, no reason why not. After that, its a lottery, you take your chances and your luck in those games. But what a boost for the club, everyone at it, and those who we might want to come here, should we make it, even if we lose out.

The pther ones to watch will be Pompey if they don''t have another finacial meltdown. Depsite all the sob stories you hear they have kept a lot of good players and arguably have the strongest starting line up in the division. We will do very well to beat them next week without Holt and I suspect they will be in and around the top 6 come the end of the season.

For us, you never say never but top 2 is a very long shot. i will be very happy if we are in with a decent shout of the top 6 come May.

A lot depends on what happens in January.

The problem Cardiff will have is hanging onto their players. Bothroyd is interesting premiership teams, Bellamy''s loan will need extending and there is reported interest from teams abroad.

It''s tough for the top teams because doing well means more attention is brought onto their players. With Cardiff it has been like this for a couple of seasons now and no matter what anyone says they are punching above their weight as a club - hence the reason they were short of cash at one point.

Where as we are more likely to strengthen the team.