Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

The away support yesterday

A Derby fan was not impressed!! [quote]Derby 1-2 NorwichAttendance: 26,134 (2,228 Away fans)Standing: 800 in the South East, 30 in the North Stand, most of the back rows, all of them stood at "moments of excitement", 450 consistently.Atmosphere: Pretty rubbish in terms of actual chants but it was lively, mainly due to the horrendous refereeing. I think i''ve found a team with a worse songbook than ours! Had one song that everyone joined in with which got sang about 50 times, plus about 4 barely altered FC United/Man United songs. I know we''re not exactly immune from this, but they were woeful in that department.Stewarding: Constantly at them to sit, no hassle in the home ends.Police: Didn''t see any to be honest.Other: Sign Commons'' contract NOW! Totally carrying us at the minute.[/quote]

He''s certainly got it spot on that we sing the same old songs, if anyone ever trys to start anything new nobody seems to join in.

[quote user="Jacko"]At least we bloody sung, 24,000 of them and you didn''t hear a peep out of one of them.[/quote]I agree mate. Though he does have 1 point -OTBC 50 times.

I thought it was a good atmosphere yesterday, but the overriding feeling I had was one of nervousness. It the score had been level or City were chasing the game maybe it would have been different. I think that it is always a little quieter when we have something to lose as opposed to something to win.

As regards the home fans, I had a chat to one of them whilst trying to find an offy to grab a couple of beers for the train back to London. I was told that the singing areas is in the far (right wing) corner as we looked at the pitch, though I didn''t hear a great deal from them.

Have to say I thought the atmosphere yesterday was pretty good although as people say we do seem to sing the same old songs. I dont know what others think but I think atmosphere at away games have been pretty poor at times when I have been this season. There have been a few good ones such as Reading, Millwall and yesterday but went to both Bristol City and Cardiff and they were both dire, hardly and singing from our fans.

[quote user="ncfc4life"]Have to say I thought the atmosphere yesterday was pretty good although as people say we do seem to sing the same old songs. I dont know what others think but I think atmosphere at away games have been pretty poor at times when I have been this season. There have been a few good ones such as Reading, Millwall and yesterday but went to both Bristol City and Cardiff and they were both dire, hardly and singing from our fans.[/quote]Were the morph suiters at Bristol and Reading? From what I read on other posts,they sing all the time!...perhaps they were there,but  no one else could sing because they were all rolling around in mirth at the funny costumes.