Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

Derby - will it go ahead?

[quote user="s10_yellow"]Forest''s game just up the road is off now.
[/quote]

Was just going to post that [:)] they say the roads to the stadium are unsafe so surely its the same for Derby ??

From what I have heard/read, Nottingham and Derby have vastly different amounts of snowfall at the moment so I wouldn''t be too concerned. I''ve just booked train tickets from York for my friend and myself and we''re meeting my sister who lives in Derby at the moment to go to the match. Can''t wait for it!

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Was just going to post that [:)] they say the roads to the stadium are unsafe so surely its the same for Derby ??

[/quote]

Different council areas (Derby in Derbyshire and Forest in Nottinghamshire) mean that handling of gritting can be vary vastly.   I''m still insanely optimistic.... [:D]

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Different council areas (Derby in Derbyshire and Forest in Nottinghamshire) mean that handling of gritting can be vary vastly.   I''m still insanely optimistic.... [:D]

[/quote]

You''re right different councils [:)] Just rang them and they say their council have cleared all the roads/pavements around the stadium ( and will repeat that in the morning) and that the A52 is clear. He was 150% confident game would go ahead.

Wonder how many of us there will be there?

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You''re right different councils [:)] Just rang them and they say their council have cleared all the roads/pavements around the stadium ( and will repeat that in the morning) and that the A52 is clear. He was 150% confident game would go ahead.

Wonder how many of us there will be there?

[/quote]

That''s great news CA. Hopefully we will also get a prominent showing on the Football League Show, for obvious reasons, if the game goes ahead.

Just shows what can be achieved if the will is there. I would imagine that Derby have been pulling out all the stops in order to maintain their recent 6 game winning run at home. Other teams may not be so concerned and if they have a spate of injuries will try to avoid playing at all costs.

Looks like they''ve worked hard to get it sorted so we can take 3 points from them [:D]

[quote user="paul moy"]Just shows what can be achieved if the will is there. I would imagine that Derby have been pulling out all the stops in order to maintain their recent 6 game winning run at home. .[/quote]

Shame its coming to an end tomorrow [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="paul moy"]Just shows what can be achieved if the will is there. I would imagine that Derby have been pulling out all the stops in order to maintain their recent 6 game winning run at home. .[/quote]

Shame its coming to an end tomorrow [:)]

[/quote]

Indeed. I''ve already predicted a 3-2 win with a further Holt hat-trick on another thread. [<:o)]  

Hoolahan to get back into starting line-up and score in either half (for us obviously lol)

Nect question; will the coaches leave at the same time? Does anyone know/have any idea. Thanks.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="s10_yellow"]Forest''s game just up the road is off now.[/quote]

[/quote]Pride Park is M1, A52 (dual carriageway) and then a few hundred metres past a lot of retail units which will all want the roads cleared too. Forest is some smaller roads into Nottingham, then through the city centre, so there''s far more opportunity for problems. The sun''s out again now, but some cloud too, so hopefully the temperature will rise a bit.

I rang the club today, anyone who hasn''t had their tickets due to the weather needs to phone the club tomorrow at 10am to get their name on a list for a re-print to collect from Pride Park

OTBC

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Chesterfield is about 30 miles north of Derby and has been significantly worse hit. I live 20 minutes drive from Pride Park - there''s about 2-3 inches here of snow and most roads have been cleared. At the moment I''d say it will go ahead, but if it turns very icy, who knows.
[/quote]

Are there any pubs nearby the ground where we can watch Swansea thrashing the scum at 12.30pm on Sky. ( Wouldnt wear colours in pub)

Well, I wouldn''t choose Pride Park to go drinking TBH. There''s a Harvester and Old Orleans if you like plastic. There are better pubs outside the station, including two good real ale pubs if you turn right on leaving - The Brunswick and the Alexandra. Not sure if you''ll be able to go back in the station and cross the railway bridge to Pride Park if you do this and it''s a bit of a walk otherwise. This http://www.footballgroundguide.com/derby_county/#Where%20To%20Drink? pretty much repeats what I''ve just written!And to actually answer your question, I doubt any of these would have the match on - you''ll probably have to go into Derby proper but it would be a bit of a punt on finding somewhere.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Well, I wouldn''t choose Pride Park to go drinking TBH. There''s a Harvester and Old Orleans if you like plastic.

There are better pubs outside the station, including two good real ale pubs if you turn right on leaving - The Brunswick and the Alexandra. Not sure if you''ll be able to go back in the station and cross the railway bridge to Pride Park if you do this and it''s a bit of a walk otherwise.

This http://www.footballgroundguide.com/derby_county/#Where%20To%20Drink? pretty much repeats what I''ve just written!

And to actually answer your question, I doubt any of these would have the match on - you''ll probably have to go into Derby proper but it would be a bit of a punt on finding somewhere.[/quote]

Thanks for that information, you''re a star. Not worried about real ale pubs as being a lady as long as they sell Pinot Grigio I''ll be fine [:D]

Might try Old Orleans as can eat and hopefully watch Swansea beat the scum at the same time as they advertise Sky Sports.

sounds like it is going to be on according to East Midlands Today. The weather does sound dodgy overnight, very cold and possible rain which will make driving dangerous. It is snowing here in Loughborough now, probably about 15 miles from Derby.

Started snowing in Derby about an hour ago and fog forecast for tomorrow - according to a Derby fan.

Guess it depends on what happens overnight ??

From another Derby fan at 11.25pm

cityangel dont travel tomorrow,  if its not called off I will be amazed. It has snowed for 3 hours in Derby tonight and there must be at least 4 to 6 inches in Chaddesden which is roughly 1 mile from Pride Park.

[quote user="Twitchy"]That''s pants CA, hope it clears quick smart, no football and no nags equals no fun, boo bloodly hoo.
[/quote]

Dont sound so good now does it, hope they make a decision early in the morning before everyone starts travelling.

Load of rubbish they havn''t had that much snow in Chaddeston.Spoke to a friend who lives there a few mins ago.He said it was coming down hard but they havn''t had very much yet.Most of what is there was already there before.Main roads clear as a bell.

Indeed, it has to be confirmed either way at the crack of dawn, you just have to look at the P-P in the area already, save the troops from hreatbreak.

[quote user="Sing up the river end "]Load of rubbish they havn''t had that much snow in Chaddeston.

Spoke to a friend who lives there a few mins ago.He said it was coming down hard but they havn''t had very much yet.Most of what is there was already there before.Main roads clear as a bell.[/quote]

So it was coming down hard but they haven''t has much?? [:)]

The good news is that at 4.30am this morning there were bodies out there clearing last nights snowfall around the stadium paths so they seem determined to get the game on for us all.

It was rather heavy last nigh and styled pretty quick here in Notts, but overnight it hasn''t got any worse -the road outside my house that usually looks/is very bad is as clean as a whistle. I would be very surpised if the game didn''t go ahead as planned.