Sign in to follow this  
KeelansGlove

Cover for Holt

Ok so potentially with Hoolahan , Surman and Lansbury we may have a better chance of creating goals without Grant Holt in the side than we did last year but I still think this is the week spot in our squad.

I guess we will see what a Martin/Jackson strikeforce can do on saturday but other than extending Lansbury loan and getting Barnett signed who do you think we should sign to complete the squad ?

Big Old fashioned centreforward for me either Old or Young (up and coming or coming to the end of career)

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]Big Old fashioned centreforward for me either Old or Young (up and coming or coming to the end of career)[/quote]

Carl Cort''s yer man.

Not sure where people expect the money for signing Barnett, extending Lansbury''s loan and bringing in cover for Holty is going to be found.

We have to be realistic, the club will only just break even over this season, absolutely mindless bringing in another senior player as cover when we have options up top, anybody we could afford to bring in as cover would be no improvement on Jackson or even Johnson.

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]Ok so potentially with Hoolahan , Surman and Lansbury we may have a better chance of creating goals without Grant Holt in the side than we did last year but I still think this is the week spot in our squad. I guess we will see what a Martin/Jackson strikeforce can do on saturday but other than extending Lansbury loan and getting Barnett signed who do you think we should sign to complete the squad ? Big Old fashioned centreforward for me either Old or Young (up and coming or coming to the end of career)[/quote]

You''re brave suggesting we need cover for Holt [:)]

[quote user="cosmos67"]Morisson from Millwall wouldn''t be a good signing,was impressed with his work rate and he can hold the ball up well.[/quote]

If he wouldn''t be a good signing, what are his negatives?

In addition to Barnett and Lansbury staying on longer, I would like to see cover at RB. If Francomb comes back from loan and Lambert and Culverhouse feel he''s up to it, then fine. After that a younger CF as cover for Holt would be good, someone like Charlie Austin with reasonable experience would be useful. If City did win promotion, then I would go for someone like Kitson who has premiership experience and would do well with the midfield support we have. Just ideas though.