Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

With lots of English games having fallen to the weather, I''m going to have to go abroad. Panathinaikos home win please :) sorry about the late pick, your 6 look nailed on! Good luck all!

Good morning Pups… The bet is on with Dixmar Racing, so thanks to our good friends Kathy and Billy Dixon we have...

1/4 Barcelona
2/9 Panathinaikos
1/7 FC Porto
6/4 Cosmos
2/5 Fenerbahce
1/4 Anorthosis Famagusta

Which will win for the Academy £66.38p. I ran the same bet through bwin.com (they had priced the San Marino games) and the return would only be £51.82. So that just goes to show why we should bet with Billy. Don’t forget that the best odds on all the weekend football are available to each and every one of  us so if you are doing a line today or even fancy these give Billy a ring and get yourselves sorted. So now it’s "game on". Cosmos get us underway at 2pm followed by Panathinaikos at 5:30 and Barcelona at 7pm. All being well we will be unbeaten going into Sunday when Fenerbahce and Anthosis both kick off at 5pm. But of course we’re not finished there because the last game, Porto, kick off at7:45 on Monday. It could be an exciting weekend for us PUPs.

Good luck everyone......[:)]................

Crepe, downed at the first hurdle. Cosmos drew 0-0.[:(]

Even their home colours didn''t bring us any luck -

[img]http://images-mediawiki-sites.thefullwiki.org/11/1/4/6/22423952443626023.jpg[/img]

Really tough luck Kathy[Y]

It seems a shame that after so much effort Kathy fell at the first. But that''s the way of it. If Cosmos had managed to sneak it 1-0 we would have looked in a very good position with the five we still have to play. Don''t get despondent PUPs, we won last week and we will soon win again.

We have our wonderful win at Derby to celebrate, even ipswich fans can celebrate this week having improved no end to only lose by 3-1 instead of 4. We still have our stats and PUPs League to look forward to and of course we will all be back next week when Hughesy will be in charge and making the final selections. She''s got a big week in front of her has our friend Hughesy [^][;)]

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]Another tough week for us PUPs then. Bad luck Kathy - typical men; can''t deliver when we want them to [;)]

When''s the next PUPs gathering happening NN?
[/quote]

We had a PUPs meet at Christmas last year but quite a few couldn''t make it because of the weather. I did think about it this year but the bad weather has come early and most PUPs have to travel across the City at the very least and many come from much further. One has been known to drive all the way from Leeds to be with us[;)]

Shall we say sometime in the New Year? Maybe I can suggest a couple of dates next week and PUPs post which would be best for them. What do you think?

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]Sounds like a good idea to me NN.

There''s the NCISA draw on Wednesday so I guess a fair few PUPs will be at the Bayer for that anyway.
[/quote]

Hopefully so, are you going?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]Another tough week for us PUPs then. Bad luck Kathy - typical men; can''t deliver when we want them to [;)]

When''s the next PUPs gathering happening NN?
[/quote]

We had a PUPs meet at Christmas last year but quite a few couldn''t make it because of the weather. I did think about it this year but the bad weather has come early and most PUPs have to travel across the City at the very least and many come from much further. One has been known to drive all the way from Leeds to be with us[;)]

Shall we say sometime in the New Year? Maybe I can suggest a couple of dates next week and PUPs post which would be best for them. What do you think?

[/quote]

Yes a New Year pups party would be good Nutty [:)] Fridays is always a good night with no work the next day for most people.

OK Angel, I''ll look for a few dates in January and you and put them on the thread next week. Then you PUPs can say which suits you best and we''ll go with the majority.

Panathinaikos won 2-0 and Barcelona won 3-0 so it''s just that 0-0 so far for Kathy''s excellent selections.

Meth, your having a great season and coming up with lots of good and different selections to help the PUPs. There''s no sorrys on this thread. Just think if Cosmos had nicked a goal you could have been responsible for a decent pay out to the academy.

[quote user="methcanary"]

Really sorry Kathy, I thought that this looked totally nailed on.

[/quote]

No worries! I chose it, not you. Some of the other ones I picked will probably fail as well.

Thoroughly enjoyed my week as picker and my geography has improved as a result.

KB

59 of us picked this weekend with 46 correct and 1 postponed game making a success rate of 79%. Between us we gave Kathy 22 different selections with 14 winning and 1 postponed making a success rate of 67%. Kathy ended with 4/6 which is also 67% so she did as well as could be expected from the selections we gave her.

Thanks again Kathy and I‘m glad you enjoyed your week in charge. We will always lose more than we win so enjoying the free bet is important.

Graham still heads our PUPs League and here is the latest table showing those with over 50% correct from at least 50% of the available weeks.

PUP Correct Picks Season %
Graham Humphrey [*] 17-18 94
Canary Cherub 16-18 89
Cosmic Twin 16-18 89
Norfolkbroadslim 16-18 89
Herman 11-13 85
Mr. Bump 15-18 83
Scooby 15-18 83
Trent Canary 15-18 83
Beauseant 13-16 81
Shyster 8-10 80
Ginger Pele 14-18 78
Inch High 14-18 78
Lappinitup 14-18 78
Newyorkcanary 14-18 78
Norfolkchance1 14-18 78
Duncan Edwards 12-16 75
Big Slob 11-15 73
Bruce Eating Walkers Crisps 13-18 72
Diesel Doris 13-18 72
Hughesy 13-18 72
Muddy funster 13-18 72
Sparkos 13-18 72
Statto 13-18 72
Chelle 12-17 71
Jimbo Jetset 12-17 71
Excited Canary 9-13 69
City-Til-I-Die 11-16 69
Davo 12-18 67
methcanary 12-18 67
Sports Desk - Pete 12-18 67
Til 1010 12-18 67
SWP=Poor Man''s Ruel Fox 10-15 67
Jed Exodus 11-17 65
Pboro_Canary 11-17 65
Delia''s Devonshire.. 8-13 62
1st Wazzock 11-18 61
Charlie Farlie 11-18 61
Fonejacker 11-18 61
Hissing Sid 11-18 61
Leedscanary 11-18 61
Obiwancanary 9-15 60
Scrimmage 9-15 60
Shack Attack 9-15 60
Canary Chris 6-10 60
Mister Chops 10-17 59
Fellas 9-16 56
The Butler 9-16 56
Brendan 10-18 56
Cityangel 10-18 56
GMF 10-18 56
Jellytot 10-18 56
Tony Da''Wonderful 10-18 56
Berkshire Canary 6-11 55
Smudger 6-11 55
Kathy 9-17 53
I''m A Banana 9-18 50
NCFCStar 9-18 50

Back on the table at last!!!!  Now see my meteroic rise for the rest of the season haha!

Unlucky this week Kathy, but I''m sure we all remember that the most important thing of all is that we keep picking and try and take some more of Billy''s money!

[quote user="Beauseant"]Nutty, I''m pretty sure I was 13 out of 16 last week, so surely I should be 14 out of 17 now?[/quote]

My mistake. Have just checked last week''s thread! Apologies.

No worries Beaus, I''m glad you PUPs keep an eye because when I get something wrong it''s a lot easier to rectify if it''s picked up staright away.

Blah - you''re very close to being on the table. Four consecutive winning selections have put you on 8-17 so you could be there next week. Which is closer than me!!