Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

[quote user="Kathy"]

Hi PUPS.

Can I be a pain and ask you to have your selections in by 5 pm Friday? I''m off then for the weekend taking in the Derby match.Well that''s  the intention anyway. Mr Snow may have other ideas. I wasnt going to down on my hands and knees and beg Team Fanny Magnet for a lift, cramping their style in the process, so I came up with Plan B.Without boring you all with the details the idea was to drive to Lincoln, stay with my daughter who is at uni there, then we both drive across to Derby Saturday morning. Reports from both Derby and Lincoln sound quite wintry. Even Lincoln Christmas market has been cancelled for the first time (whatever did they do in the 1800s when we had far worse winters? Tut. Rant over).

Anyway, back to the matter in hand. I am surprised an honoured to be selected to pick again, after my feeble efforts last season, when I think I got 1/5 right and the 6th wasn’t even available to back! I intend to be less free spirited this time and listen carefully to my fellow PUPs before I make the final selection. So keep them coming in. What I definitely wont do, is back the final selection myself, as my efforts in this area have been quite woeful so far this season. Last Saturday my accumulator was doing swimmingly well with 5 out of 6, and then Brighton proceeded to miss a pen in the 6th minute of injury time.

So in other words I’m all ears. Hit me with your spiffing picks PUPs.

KB

[/quote]

I think getting down on your hands and knees in front of Team Fanny Magnet conjures up a very interesting picture and may well be construed as too much information by certain posters.

[quote user="Hissing Sid"]Evening all. A Monday evening offering from Portugal for your perusal and FC Porto v Setubal - Home Win Porto top W10 D2 L0 F28 A5 (100% at home), Setubal W3 D4 L5 F8 A13 (only scored 2 away) Good luck Kathy, and of course all PUPs.[/quote]

Porto to beat Setubal. Form and stats already looked up by Sid.

Best of luck Kathy!

Off to Greece this week and Panathinaikos (second place, 27 points from 12 games) to beat Panseriakos (rock bottom, 11 points from 11 games).Best of luck Kathy and to all PUPs!

Apologies for being boring this week but it''s late and I''m going away for the weekend so for me it''s going to be AC Milan home win.

Davo

[quote user="Jellytot"]I''d like to go with Cardiff to beat Preston this week please. Good luck Kathy and all pups. Cheers[/quote]

Lovin'' the avatar Jellytot[Y][:)]

Arsenal vs Fulham - Home win.

Good luck Kathy and all fellow PuP''s

Good Luck Kathy and all this weeks Pups

Desperately wanted to pick you a Ladies team this week! [;)]

But I''ve come up with the closest I could find

DIRTY LEEDS v Crystal Palace - HOME WIN

Leedscanary

Turkey on Sunday for me please(no not for dinner[;)])......

Fenerbahce - Karabukspor....Home win please.

Good luck to Kathy and all this weeks pups.[Y]

Blimey, I nearly forgot to get my nap in!

I, too think that Panathanaikos look nailed on,so I''m going for:

Panathinaikos v  Panserraikos      HOME win

Best of luck  Kathy, and I''m looking forward to your round on Monday evening! [D]Of course, best of luck to all my fellow Pups as well![Y]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

Romania-bound. Otelul Galati (home record of 7-2-0) to beat struggling Sportul Studentesc (0-0-9).

Bonne chance a tous!

[/quote]

---

PS. If the Romanian game gets called off I would plump for a PSV win as a fall-back.

Barcelona to win away at Osasuna for me, probably the best team on the planet at the moment apart from Norwich. Also unlikely to be affected by weather.

Good Luck Kathy and all pickers lets keep the run going!

League Two where a poor Oxford Utd side (3-1-5-10-9) should beat an even worse Barnet (0-2-6-8-21). 

Oxford Utd v Barnet........Home win.

Good luck Kathy. [Y]

Well team PUPs, the time has come, as I am now off across the icy trackless wastes of Lincolnshire.

I have thought long and hard about this. For the first time since I''ve been taking part in the free bet, I''ve had fixtures list in one hand, world atlas in my other hand, sitting in front of the BBC weather website. Conditions are going to play a big part in this week’s football, so I have automatically excluded matches from countries that a) have any part of them within the arctic circle, b) which have ever won a gold medal at the winter olympics, and c) all matches in Great Britain, on the grounds I can see Great Britain out of the window. So it looks like Southern and Western Europe, and the Med this weekend, the sort of places you’d go for your hols. Sorry if this means I didn’t pick yours, but I can assure you it’s purely on climatic grounds. As you can imagine this has narrowed things down considerably. But here goes:

Osasuna v Barcelona - AWAY WIN ( Shack Attack, NCFC Star, Til1010, NorfolkChance1, Bruce Eats Walkers)

Panathinaikos vs Panseriakos- HOME WIN (Graham Humphrey, WITS, Fonejacker, Ginger Pele, Beausant)

FC Porto v Setubal - HOME WIN (Hissing Sid, Trent Canary, Mr Bump)

Cosmos v Tre Penne HOME WIN (MethCanary)

Fenerbahce v Karabukspor HOME WIN (Inch High)

And my own selection:

Anorthosis Famagusta v Athnikos Achnas (from the Cyprus league) HOME WIN

I''m off up the A17 now, which is a nightmare at the best of times. Wish me luck.

There is a chance I may not get on line till late Sunday to see how we are doing, but if it does go to the wire with the last selection, I will be back by then to join in the excitement.

If you’re at Pride Park tomorrow, hope to see you there.

Fingers crossed .

Kathy

Evening Pupstars, I am whisking you off to sunny Espanyol (6-0-0 ) to see them dispose of Sporting Gijon (0-2-4)with relish.........and probably mayo........and maybe ketchup i just dont know. Anyways Espanyol  home win por favor.Good luck Kathy and all

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Good evening Nutmeister and good luck to Mrs.Blake and all you other PUPs.Looks a bit dodgy due to the weather so i am off to Spain where surely the snow should not be a problem and going for an away win in the game Osasuna(9/1) v BARCELONA(1/4).[/quote]

For once I''ll listen to Mr Tilson and I''ll also back Barcelona please.

God Luck everyone - hope you''re all keeping warm!!  [;)][ip]

Thanks Kathy, these are excellent selections and once again it''s obvious to anyone how much thought and effort has gone into your final six. I know I keep saying it but what a great team of PUPs we have now[Y]

In San Marino Cosmos are away to Tre Penne, not at home, but that will increase the odds we get. I''ll get these to Billy in the morning and post the odds on here. I bet this will be the first game from San Marino he''s had on a bet! That''s the measure of you PUPs and the lengths you go to finding selections.

Just seen Blackpool v Man U is off so can I change my selection please Nutty. I''ll now go for

Arsenal to beat Fulham at home.

Thank you, and thanks Herman for flagging that up.