Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week eighteen of the free bet season. This week we have Kathy in charge and making the final selections. Kathy is another PUP who has been with us for a few seasons and has been really consistent during that time never dropping from our table. This alone is a great achievement in this very difficult season. Kathy is also very much a part of the great community spirit that Ray built up in these threads. Always making every effort to be at our Pickers Meets where she is good company and has a great sense of humour. She also runs the Canary Challenge which is another great venture to raise money for the academy. Of course we have our own entries in that competition but I’m sorry to report that PUPs and PUPs can BOGOF are languishing in the lower half of the table. Last season Kathy made the final selections in one of the most difficult weeks we have ever had where only 17 of the 59 PUPs gave correct selections. She has deserves a better week so lets hope that the fixtures are kinder for her this time.

As always Kathy will need all you PUPs to be remain in top form if she is to have a chance of adding to our total raised for FONCY. The last two weeks have been two of our best ever. With any luck at all we would have won on both of them but we did win last week thanks to Cosmic so lets do our best to help Kathy make it a double for the girls. Please be careful about the weather, there is likely to be many games off this weekend especially in leagues where the clubs don’t have under soil heating. It’s usually safe to go to the top divisions and that’s where the PUPs Library on the NCISA site will be useful this week.

For those who can’t get to Colney on a Saturday there is a rare chance to see the academy side play at Carrow Road where they play Charlton next Tuesday in the third round of the FA Youth Cup. I expect that this is now dependent on the weather. I won’t be able to go but some of you may find this useful and I’m sure all us PUPs would love to see the boys go all the way this season. I think they have a chance to do just that.

I''ll hand the free bet over to Kathy now. Enjoy your week in charge, there’s no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get your name in the Free Bet Hall of fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy. Good luck all you PUPs... take it away Kathy... the free bet is yours.......

As always I leave you with Rays signature which now reads :-

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,3,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High,2, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock, Fonejacker,2, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, Scooby,2, Trent Canary, Cosmic Twin, yes Norfolkchance1 £1082 for the Academy,so far.

Our friend Devon left his pick on last weeks thread because he is having internet problems so I''ll post it for him.

Cardiff     V     Preston     Home Win

I also forgot to link to our PUPS library. You can get to it via this link.

Holland for me please,

PSV v Heracles     Home win.

Good luck Kathy and all PUPS.

Good evening Nutmeister and good luck to Mrs.Blake and all you other PUPs.Looks a bit dodgy due to the weather so i am off to Spain where surely the snow should not be a problem and going for an away win in the game Osasuna(9/1) v BARCELONA(1/4).

Evening all. A Monday evening offering from Portugal for your perusal and

FC Porto v Setubal - Home Win

Porto top W10 D2 L0 F28 A5 (100% at home), Setubal W3 D4 L5 F8 A13 (only scored 2 away)

Good luck Kathy, and of course all PUPs.

Think i will be going to Greece this week with:

Panathinaikos vs Panseriakos- HOME WIN

Its second place against bottom, so should be a win for Panathinaikos.....

Good Luck :D

Good luck this week Kathy, I''m going to head to warmer climes to avoid the snow, and I expect:Barcelona to beat OsasunaBarca have won 6 out of 6 away from home, Osasuna are unbeaten at home, but I can''t see the record going past this weekend.  Good luck Kathy and all you Pups.

Hi PUPS.

Can I be a pain and ask you to have your selections in by 5 pm Friday? I''m off then for the weekend taking in the Derby match.Well that''s  the intention anyway. Mr Snow may have other ideas. I wasnt going to down on my hands and knees and beg Team Fanny Magnet for a lift, cramping their style in the process, so I came up with Plan B.Without boring you all with the details the idea was to drive to Lincoln, stay with my daughter who is at uni there, then we both drive across to Derby Saturday morning. Reports from both Derby and Lincoln sound quite wintry. Even Lincoln Christmas market has been cancelled for the first time (whatever did they do in the 1800s when we had far worse winters? Tut. Rant over).

Anyway, back to the matter in hand. I am surprised an honoured to be selected to pick again, after my feeble efforts last season, when I think I got 1/5 right and the 6th wasn’t even available to back! I intend to be less free spirited this time and listen carefully to my fellow PUPs before I make the final selection. So keep them coming in. What I definitely wont do, is back the final selection myself, as my efforts in this area have been quite woeful so far this season. Last Saturday my accumulator was doing swimmingly well with 5 out of 6, and then Brighton proceeded to miss a pen in the 6th minute of injury time.

So in other words I’m all ears. Hit me with your spiffing picks PUPs.

KB

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

Celtic to win(if the snow doesnt affect any of the games)

If thats called off Arsenal to win....good luck one and all[Y]

[/quote]2nd choice it is then NN[Y]  all Scottish games OFF

Greetings Pickers!

I''m off to Denmark this weekend and Copenhagen to win at home against Esbjerg.

Good Luck Kathy.

Off to Holland this week. Ajax have upset a few bets this season by dropping points at home but I don''t see it continuing. This weekend they are at home to Nijmegen who have conceded 21 goals in their 8 away games. Ajaz have only conceded 6 in their 8 home games so I''m banking on them scoring more than Nijmegen in this fixture.

Ajax     V     NEC Nijmegen     Home Win

Don''t even think about last time Kathy. That was one of our worst ever weeks and you didn''t do any worse than we did as a group. Hopefully we will give you better ammunition this weekend.