Sign in to follow this  
Grow Up Mate

Youth Cup Game

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

Won 1-0, Michael Ball scored. Jed Steer saved a pen at the end.

[/quote]

Wasn''t a very good game but it will probably look a lot better on the highlights.

On a serious opinion, Steer apart, we probably were the worse team. Charlton seemed to know how to keep the ball which we didn''t.

I was also 1 of that number GH I thought it was a battling performance and we lost our way once the young No 9 was taken off injured. He looked a hanfull (sorry didn''t get his name as i couldn''t find a programme seller.  small moan warning - £4 to watch where it used to be free to ST holders -fine i don''t mind donating to cover the costs of putting on the match but surely this could have covered the cost of a photocopied programme as I don''t know any of the players by sight. Moan over

Was impressed by the left back who stuck to his task very well, the right winger "chippy?" looked lively when the ball came to him but looked a little shy of hard work and the no 10 who I think was Ball looked a good prospect. By far the most impressive player on the pitch for me - and he didn''t have much to do - was Steer he just looks class.

Sorry you couldn''t get a programme. FONCY produced one which we sold at £1. Trying to estimate how many were needed on a cold night with very little advertising of the match (my moan) 125 were produces which we sold out about five minutes before kick off.

The other moan youth cup ties have always been games you had to pay for.. something to do with FA regulations. Reserve games were free for ST holders.

Also to the two complaining about the quality, I thought our youngsters did extremely well considering the two full backs were both 15 as was the sub striker, wheras Charlton were 5 second year & 6 first year scholars. Hopefully we can have at least one of our injured strikers & midfielders back for the next round