Sign in to follow this  
city-till-i-die

Plymouth

[quote user="NCFC-47"]No one else reallys stand out in there squad
[/quote]

I wouldn''t say Bradley Wright-Phillips is a stand out a name we should go after!

I don''t think they have anyone we should go after really.

Onismor Bhasera was meant to be the next big thing in Zimbabwe, not sure how he''s been at Plymouth though.

"Sad to see they may be wound up"

Why ? They lived beyond their means. Sadness might be expressed towards those creditors who will lose simply because of the club''s reckless behaviour.

Other sadness is that their top striker (Fallon) has been snapped up by our ever ambitious neighbours.

[quote user="City1st"]"Sad to see they may be wound up"

Why ? They lived beyond their means. Sadness might be expressed towards those creditors who will lose simply because of the club''s reckless behaviour.

Other sadness is that their top striker (Fallon) has been snapped up by our ever ambitious neighbours.[/quote]Thats the fault of the board not the fans, sympathy for them is perfectly understandable. Put yourself in their position. 

What I cannot understand is this: that after 2 or 3 season in The Championship their attendances have not increased at all. When they came up I really thought, that with the right marketing, they could increase their fan base. They are after all, very similar to us in terms of isolation - Exeter aside there is no one else for quite some distance. Plymouth is a fair size...

"sympathy for them is perfectly understandable"

I don''t remember any such sentiments when we were relegated and they were overspending

How much of that overspending kept them up ?

There were 18,000 there when I watched us get hammered 3-0. There were 4,000 last week. What happened to the 12000 or so other Plymouth fans ?

If only half of them turned up to their home games this season and paid £20 on the gate each that would be an extra £1m since August. Remind me how much tax they owe.

sympathy, my a**e

[quote user="NCFC-47"]Wright Phillps?
[/quote]

Read about him on Wikipedia under ''Legal Issues'' . Definitely no thanks IMO.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]they wont be wound up... find me 1 football league side that has been "wound up" since entering administration?

[/quote]Exactly. I reme,ber saying the same thing to my mate a few weeks back when Sheffield Wednesday were in deep water.There is always someone who comes along and saves the day.

Two points here

1. Sooner or later another club is going to be wound up, ithas happened before.

2. How much did they spend on the failed world cup bid they were due to be one of the host clubs. Thank God we didn''t go down that path.

[quote user="City1st"]"Sad to see they may be wound up" Why ? They lived beyond their means. Sadness might be expressed towards those creditors who will lose simply because of the club''s reckless behaviour. Other sadness is that their top striker (Fallon) has been snapped up by our ever ambitious neighbours.[/quote]

Top donkey more like!

You can bat on all you like about financial responsibility, but you surely have to feel for the fans.I know I would not be best pleased if this was my team.

[quote user="morty"]You can bat on all you like about financial responsibility, but you surely have to feel for the fans.

I know I would not be best pleased if this was my team.

[/quote]

Well said that man!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]''another club''

Which other club has been wound up?

And i doubt they spent much at all on the WC bid....[/quote]

Accrington Stanley, Aldershot and Maidstone to name but three.

As for how much thet spent on the World Cup bid for a club that could go into administration it was clearly more than they could afford.

Last one of them being 18 years ago, in division 4 (League two) and not having the FA current obsession not allowing any teams to get wound up (or 2/3 would have been by now) + lots more investors around....

Sorry did not realise there was atime limet on your question.

With the tax man becoming more and more agressive in wanting to make an example of a club I still thing it will happen again.

I didn''t say there was a time limit, i was pointing out that it was in a different era, football has moved on since then.....

And what the taxman wants doesn''t seem to matter, he wanted Pompey''s money last season, and what happen? FA force administration essentially meaning they don''t have to pay up....

"You can bat on all you like about financial responsibility, but you surely have to feel for the fans"

What a ridiculous comment.

Pray tell us all Morty, what part of Plymouth''s financial failure is NOT related to financial responsibilty.

The part that is their fans who are not supporting their own team/club.

"The bad news is that you haven''t bothered to support your club so it could go bust - the good news is there''s some simpleton in Norfolk who wants everyone to feel sorry for you "

Maybe you could stand outside Carrow Road on Saturday with a bucket collecting for them, Morty. Because one''s things certain, their fans haven''t bothered.

[quote user="City1st"]"You can bat on all you like about financial responsibility, but you surely have to feel for the fans"

What a ridiculous comment.

Pray tell us all Morty, what part of Plymouth''s financial failure is NOT related to financial responsibilty.

The part that is their fans who are not supporting their own team/club.

"The bad news is that you haven''t bothered to support your club so it could go bust - the good news is there''s some simpleton in Norfolk who wants everyone to feel sorry for you "

Maybe you could stand outside Carrow Road on Saturday with a bucket collecting for them, Morty. Because one''s things certain, their fans haven''t bothered.[/quote]Its my opinion.Take your E-argument elsewhere.Have a nice day.[:)]

[quote user="morty"]You can bat on all you like about financial responsibility, but you surely have to feel for the fans.

I know I would not be best pleased if this was my team.

[/quote]this^