Sign in to follow this  
pete

Alan Pardew as your new manager?

Not very.

Average record. Mascherano and Tevez on bench at West Ham.

Southampton chairman says plenty of reasons to sack him.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/southampton/9268990.stm

This is a really strange one. How is Pardew in any way a better manager than Chris Hughton? OK he has a bit of Premier League experience, but not a particularly brilliant record. The equivalent would be us sacking Paul Lambert, and saying that we wanted a manager with more Championship experience! What is going on at Newcastle?

I''m waiting for Mike Ashleys book, titled - "How not to run a football club!"

Ridiculous getting rid of Hughton, who in reality has over achieved at Newcastle. It seemed like he was sacked cause the club wanted a big name but Alan Pardew????????

Nothing makes any sense whatsoever up at Newcastle and if I was a fan of them I''d be absolutely seething!

It''d be like us getting rid of Lambert then appointing, er, -  Alan Pardew!

I wouldn''t be over the moon having Pardew here let alone a club biggger than ourselves in the Premeirship!

Is he a name who can attract better players than Hughton? No.Will he get better results with the current squad? No, in fact, he is probably worse than Hughton for this.

Did Hughton deserve to be sacked? No- so basically, Ashley has just created for himself a PR disaster, made an embarassment of the club and himself, and results are more than likely going to suffer. Pardew has already got off on the wrong foot, as the fans just don''t want him there.

getting rid of houghton wanting more experience was bad enough bearing in mind there decent start to the season and  he had the fans and players onside.  but to then appoint Pardew is shocking.  Jol I could understand but not Pardew.  What does he bring the Houghton does not have? 

Where does ashley think they should be - champs league spot?  Just shows he is a typical arrogant geordie with an over inflated view of himself.

I think it was on 5 that it was mentioned Pardew is a long time friend of Ashleys.  Simply a case of jobs for the boys.  

Could not happen to a nicer club

Pardew has friends on the Newcastle board of directors and Hughton''s contract was soon to be up.  IMO Hughton was his own man and would not listen to his paymasters and thus they have sacked him and appointed a yes-man. Rumour has it that Andy Carroll is to be sold (Man City in January ?)  so perhaps Pardew has agreed to this whereas his predecessor would not. I find it pretty disgusting that a man that has been doing a good job has been undermined by the board in apparent collusion with Pardew and if I was a Newcastle fan I would be very angry as surely this spells relegation.

When a manager has too many friends on the board it can make it very difficult to sack him, so I expect a ''Worthington'' situation here once things inevitably start to go wrong.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

I''m waiting for Mike Ashleys book, titled - "How not to run a football club!"

Ridiculous getting rid of Hughton, who in reality has over achieved at Newcastle. It seemed like he was sacked cause the club wanted a big name but Alan Pardew????????

Nothing makes any sense whatsoever up at Newcastle and if I was a fan of them I''d be absolutely seething!

It''d be like us getting rid of Lambert then appointing, er, -  Alan Pardew!

I wouldn''t be over the moon having Pardew here let alone a club biggger than ourselves in the Premeirship!

[/quote]Newcastle will get relegated now.

Lets hope so.

In response to post above Ashley is a Cockney wide boy not a Geordie which goes down like a lead balloon in Geordieland.

Would you want Pardew as your clubs manager, no way, at best all he is, is an average manager, certainly no better that Hughton.

Can''t see how he is any better that what they had. And if he''s been given 5 1/2 year contract then that''s just madness.

Delia gets stick on here but thank god we''ve not got Ashley!!

Pardew is awful - simple as that. In under 12 months, the following will happen:-

1) Pardew loses the dressing room

2) Pardew gets vote of confidence

3) Pardew insists it''s a happy ship

4) Pardew gets sacked and gets a 4 and a half year pay out for rest of his contract.

5) Pardew complains he was never given enough time

6) Roy Keane accepts 5 year contract at Newcastle as their new manager.....

7) ....or Glenn Roeder.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]If ever there was an appointment doomed to failure......[/quote]

I can honestly see Pardew being sacked before the end of the season, he is not the manager they want,Hougton  was doing a great job 11th in the table plenty of more games to go I think he would have kept them around the top area of the league, He  dived in twice to help them out as caretaker, he took them back up at first attempt, well if I was a Newcastle fan I''d be letting Ashley know what I felt about him.                     

I can''t beleive he got a 5 and half years contract - he''s never lasted that long anywhere before - Ashley mights as well have handed over his bank account - what has Pardew got on him?  If ever a chant of "You don''t know what you''re doing" was required, this is it.  What a reception he''ll get at the first match at St James Park - beggars belief.

[quote user="shefcanary"]I can''t beleive he got a 5 and half years contract - he''s never lasted that long anywhere before - Ashley mights as well have handed over his bank account - what has Pardew got on him?  If ever a chant of "You don''t know what you''re doing" was required, this is it.  What a reception he''ll get at the first match at St James Park - beggars belief.[/quote]

Must have been a ''buy one and a half and get four free''..... LOL

[quote user="Gingerpele"]They won''t sack him, it will cost far far too much.....[/quote]

Well he has so much money he don''t know what to do with it so he has a tendancy to waste it now and then