Sign in to follow this  
morty

Soooooooper Chris Martin.

Big congrats to a local lad who almost lost his way and has become a firm favourite and makes his 100th appearance on Saturday.And you just couldn''t write this script, Grant Holt suspended, oh no, who is going to lead the line and play the game of his life!!??I wonder if Lambo will maybe even make him captain for the day?

Yes big improvement on his overall game.

Some people might still think he''s a co c k off the field but i''m only worried about the stuff on the pitch.

I would expect R.Martin will get the nod though as PL don''t do sentiment.

Agreed congratulations to SCM.

As an aside whats happened with his court case? Have I missed it or has it not taken place yet?

[quote user="morty"]I wonder if Lambo will maybe even make him captain for the day?[/quote]No chance.But I agree with the rest of it- a big well done to Chris for sorting himself out and becoming an important player for us. Always good to see local talent come through and become key players.

[quote user="DOGGER"]

Yes big improvement on his overall game.

Some people might still think he''s a co c k off the field but i''m only worried about the stuff on the pitch.

I would expect R.Martin will get the nod though as PL don''t do sentiment.

[/quote]Its not sentiment, its psychology, if it makes him raise his game and he scores goals as a result, then its worth it.But I did only run the idea up the flagpole to see who salutes it, I agree its maybe not that likely.

Any Canary Call after a game Chrissys not scored:

"He hint new guud Neil, he hunt gort new payse, he hint effective in the air, he''s a trouble maker Neil, surely Lambert worta get rid?"

He''s our Robbie Fowler. #1 finisher at the club. He''ll poach us to the prem. Just needs to grow his hair long and wear a headband, Crespo-style.

[quote user="mikewalker"]

Any Canary Call after a game Chrissys not scored:

"He hint new guud Neil, he hunt gort new payse, he hint effective in the air, he''s a trouble maker Neil, surely Lambert worta get rid?"

He''s our Robbie Fowler. #1 finisher at the club. He''ll poach us to the prem. Just needs to grow his hair long and wear a headband, Crespo-style.

[/quote]

You missed the classic ''he''s lazy'' quote!

Good luck and well done Chris,get a few on saturday[Y]

The positive comments on Chris Martin are good to read but the words of Dion Dublin for me confirms just what a good man -manager Lambert is.

Last year he dropped Martin a few times and he came back stronger. He''s done the same this season.

I sincerely hope I''m wrong but those thinking a Martin/Jackson strike partnership will work on Saturday I fear may be very disappointed.

Chris looks so much better when playing alongside Holt or indeed a player like our captain - if we had one on our books.

An outrageous suggestion maybe but watching Angela against Derby, he could play up front with Martin !!!

[quote user="morty"]Big congrats to a local lad who almost lost his way and has become a firm favourite and makes his 100th appearance on Saturday.

And you just couldn''t write this script, Grant Holt suspended, oh no, who is going to lead the line and play the game of his life!!??

I wonder if Lambo will maybe even make him captain for the day?

[/quote]

Yes, its good to see the local lad come good, hope he has a great game on Saturday [:D]

It took me a while to figure out who Angela was. That could be an idea. Or Hooly further forward?