Sign in to follow this  
Snakepit Lass

Coventry ?

[quote user="Snakepit Lass"]Do you know how many are going? hope it will be as many as Derby as it sounded amazing, i am going to Coventry! whoo! x
[/quote]

The first time anyone has followed the statement "I am going to Coventry!" with a "Whoo!". Unfortunately I won''t be going as I always work on match days, but enjoy yourself. Hopefully another good result coming our way.

Not sure it will be a massive away following but as usual there will be a decent amount of Yellows there.

It''s a really nice ground but very much in the "flat-pack" bowl mould in the middle of nowhere. Very little home support as well.

My worst ever away game experiences come from the 2 visits i''ve had to the ricoh. The stadium''s in an awful location, there''s nothing to do near the stadium, such as pubs! only a huge Tesco''s and to top it all off the Coventry fan''s are crap, the stadium is half empty and there''s no atmosphere in that crappy bowl.

I went to the Ricoh when we lost 2-0 the other year with McKenzie doing an over the top celebration after we''d cheered him...

The stadium is just a bowl, and it was pretty lifeless. In the middle of nowhere too, just a Tesco the other side of this underpass and that''s roughly it...

A bad day all round reflecting on it with Koroma and Lupoli missing our best chances and a certain Elliot Ward scoring a penalty for a foul by Clingan that was coincidentally outside the box...

And i think we had a problem with the coach too..

But i''m sure you''ll have a much better day out next week!

[quote user="Snakepit Lass"]Do you know how many are going? hope it will be as many as Derby as it sounded amazing, i am going to Coventry! whoo! x[/quote]

I called the office today and the recorded message said we had sold out of Cov tickets and have requested more, so I will call back tonight

I dislike the stadium despite it looking pretty. I am going, and predict a few also might go as we are 4th. [:(]

Last time I went we lost 2-0 but McKenzie won me £27 on the sweepstake, which was a positive I suppose. Also I remember Ward scoring a pen against us there, hopefully he''ll do the opposite this time. [8-|]

[quote user="Snakepit Lass"]Do you know how many are going? [/quote]

Wouldn''t have thought anyone would know until about 3 or 4 days before the game but hopefully it''ll be about 2200 the same as we took to Derby.

[quote user="Big Slob"]My worst ever away game experiences come from the 2 visits i''ve had to the ricoh. The stadium''s in an awful location, there''s nothing to do near the stadium, such as pubs! only a huge Tesco''s and to top it all off the Coventry fan''s are crap, the stadium is half empty and there''s no atmosphere in that crappy bowl.[/quote]

That''s a decent summary of the place. The stand to the right of the away fans is actually called the Tesco''s Stand. It''s my second most disliked new ground, the Madjad being the worst. The only good thing about the place is that it''s a decent run from London and parking is near the M6 and an easy get away.

We''ve not had a lot of luck there over recent seasons, but keep positive and with another large lively away following anything is possible.

Would like to stuff it up the likes of Sammy Clingan and David Bell.

I can''t stand the Ricoh. The atmosphere is normally crap, it''s usually half empty and there''s nothing to do anywhere nearby. However it''s my local game this season so I''m going and I''ll be in the pub having a few celebratory drinks down my local by 5:30pm.

Davo

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="Snakepit Lass"]Do you know how many are going? hope it will be as many as Derby as it sounded amazing, i am going to Coventry! whoo! x
[/quote] I called the office today and the recorded message said we had sold out of Cov tickets and have requested more, so I will call back tonight[/quote]
You numpty, if you listened, they got more in yesterday, I got 3 and it sounded like they were selling fast, so hopefully you''ll be able to get some tonight.

The Rioch is actually an impressive ground but soulless, suitable for hosting the likes of Manure ,Liverpool etc.I have been there twice , the second time  when we lost  0-2 .In the second half City were kicking towards their own fans with Jamie Cureton and OJ Koroma up front.There was a whole bank of empty seats behind the goal so i left my designated seat and went down and sat there  in the vain  hope that should we score a goal , i would see myself on the TV highlights or in the local rag.